Remember this skin "bug"?

786r0V3.pngFtu6zLp.png < this one

Well, turns out it hasn't been fixed...

Spoiler

Akzkwdo.pngvWmwfPn.png

Edit: calm down, folks! It was supposed to be a joke. I understand how the mirroring sprite thingy works, but I do find funny how the "eye switching" is a recurring thing.

It has already been said and I'll say again: Wilson changes the eye the monocle is in really fast. =P

On 15/06/2018 at 11:34 PM, PeterA said:

He's very fast at changing which eye it's in. ;)

This is a limitation of our current animation system.

Uhm... Yes???

Many games are limited to this bug... 

For example Undertale : Undyne's Eyepatch - When you are on cooking-practice/date with her , sometimes her left side overlaps to the right , making the eyepatch disappear for sometime...

Just like with wilson.

Just as a small explanation: The game has essentially 3 textures for all 4 rotations: front, back and side. The side texture just get's mirrored for one side. This way you need 25% less space for textures, and a bit less dev work for each asset.

5 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Uhm... Yes???

Many games are limited to this bug... 

For example Undertale : Undyne's Eyepatch - When you are on cooking-practice/date with her , sometimes her left side overlaps to the right , making the eyepatch disappear for sometime...

Just like with wilson.

I wouldn't call it a "limitation". The solution is to make 2 extra animations (Survivor and Victorian) for whatever Wilson is doing when facing  the left, then load those instead of mirroring an existing animation. I figure the staff thinks this is too much work for just skins (and I'd agree with that), but they surely aren't limited.

5 hours ago, verm1ll1on said:

I wouldn't call it a "limitation". The solution is to make 2 extra animations (Survivor and Victorian) for whatever Wilson is doing when facing  the left, then load those instead of mirroring an existing animation. I figure the staff thinks this is too much work for just skins (and I'd agree with that), but they surely aren't limited.

The system in place uses 3 facing textures not 4. This is a limitation of the system.

Sure they can rewrite the system but as it stands the system in place right now is limited to 3.

It would be nice if they'd update the skins/character rendering/whatever system so they can have skinnable beards and werebeaver, ect, ect. But I can understand it not being a high priority. Maybe someday...

Personally, I'd just settle for a rework of the wardrobe and character select along the lines of the curio cabinet. I've got such a huge stockpile of skins that it takes forever to find the specific item I'm looking for...

On 6/24/2018 at 5:02 PM, Sinister_Fang said:

Personally, I'd just settle for a rework of the wardrobe and character select along the lines of the curio cabinet. I've got such a huge stockpile of skins that it takes forever to find the specific item I'm looking for...

Don't mean to necro but I'm for this. If they also add glasses as a addition for wardrobe, I'd be for that too.

On 6/24/2018 at 5:02 PM, Sinister_Fang said:

I've got such a huge stockpile of skins that it takes forever to find the specific item I'm looking for...

A search system would also help. Putting a search engine in game would really save time.

Archived