New paintings and sculptures for artistically inclined Duplies :D

@Denisetwin

I have Son of a Man next on my painting to-do actually :) The muckroot is just asking for it.

Great statue ideas! I'll certainly use some when I get to them :D Might post one soon!

@watermelen671

I did not think you were joking for one second :D There was an exposition with a white plastic toilet. The gold one is a solid improvement. Also one recent modern art exposition had been thrown out by a cleaning lady cause she legitimately thought it was garbage left by some messy visitor.

1 hour ago, Ellilea said:

All right guys, a lore question of an utmost importance: do (male) duplicants have nipples?

Ask in the "gender X" thread!
When males have nipples, should females not have some too?
About fairness!
nipp.jpg.a3354f2d2c8c1e8599f407aa35575e1d.jpg

Y3mEN2K.png more anatomically correct :rolleyes: Maybe that's the way to go. I'll have to munch on it.
As for clothes/lack of clothing, since I'm going for parodies of the original artworks, I don't want to change it entirely. I mean, it's quite iconic for these sculptures to be naked. If I do the SoL I will keep the original dress too, not a jumpsuit ;)

I actually made that sculpture "redo" joke cause I realized that the in-game sculpture isn't actually a lady in a long dress, but a small dupe on a balcony.

Unless I realized wrong :shock:

Anyway, a while back I messaged Klei asking if they want to use these paintings in the game or in the Early Access version so that we can already have some variety in base art, but they said they can't due to lack of an infrastructure for including fan-made things :<

I'd just sell these to them for 10 cents total so that it can be a commission, but I didn't wanna be a dummy saying dumb things :D Maybe they just didn't like them and didn't want to tell me.

So with that being said, let me know if someone finds a way to mod the game so that I can make a mini mod out of them :)

I am currently dealing with some IRL stuff so I'm not drawing more of these. But if someone helped me make mods, we could also add wall textures based on materials (I'd make some proper tiled textures for that). Like this, just proper new textures that made sense in floors/walls :p

10 minutes ago, Ellilea said:

Anyway, a while back I messaged Klei asking if they want to use these paintings in the game or in the Early Access version so that we can already have some variety in base art, but they said they can't due to lack of an infrastructure for including fan-made things :<

I'd just sell these to them for 10 cents total so that it can be a commission, but I didn't wanna be a dummy saying dumb things :D Maybe they just didn't like them and didn't want to tell me.

There's a reason why they can't. And I can sum it up with 1 GIF:

ezgif.com-add-text_1.gif

Too much of a legal hassle.

13 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

There's a reason why they can't.

Too much of a legal hassle.

I'm not entirely sure. It's a common practice to hire people for commissions, isn't it? But that's not for fan-made content, per se, obviously. Normally you just sign a contact and it's done. But they did mention that it wouldn't be fair to include one person's stuff, and not everyone's. I can see how that's a complicated thing and not something they want to deal with.

I just wanted to make some placeholders for now, but if everyone started sending them all kinds of placeholders... yep, that could get messy real quick :9

On 6/25/2018 at 10:19 AM, Ellilea said:

And two of the noob-level artworks. Noobs need variety too!

Yt1o3wS.pngl9bXpUH.png

"Noob"? Clearly you don't understand what this dupe was channeling with his masterpiece. As the Morb represents his dysentary with poor management of the colony.Please don't take this post seriously:wilson_sneaky:

Archived