New paintings and sculptures for artistically inclined Duplies :D

I fell in love with this game,and since can't play for a good few days, as a tiny outlet, I've decided to create a few "masterpieces" Duplicant-style :D It's 4 am so I made just one today, but I have a few more ideas. Will post them here as I make them.

I've drawn a few new paintings and sculptures for Duplicants :D

I have no idea how to put them in game, but maybe someone does or the guys at Klei might want to use them as placeholders to make our Early Access bases more varied? Then by all means, my pleasure (I mean, you can take them for good, but I'm not sure these are good enough for that ;) ). Either way, I'm having fun:

Masterpieces:

P3OXFXF.pngbptWOsv.png2lgyliz.pngfMwuC6n.pngk60sUoa.pngpezuwoB.pngtje7swa.png

Sculptures:

g3Ui2NI.png

Quaint Originals (the Critter Collection):

TeKOU2a.pngXVRe17r.pngkUeuYff.png

"The Inverted Shinebugs"

"The Slick Circle"

"The Drecko Closeup"

An Authentic Duplicant Painting:

obBUgHf.png

NoobArt:

Yt1o3wS.pngl9bXpUH.png

Frameless (in case someone knew how to make a mod and needed frameless pics, I've no clue about the files, can't view them):

2YxDY8e.pngLDOwX8O.pngmatZiHR.pngwlra7zW.pngijywaMO.pngRwbw819.pngNM37qnW.pngCdLskXJ.pnggCOy07M.pngaUTdIMy.pngfS3nPhE.pngxVld6Yd.pngA28KQHG.png

Do we know yet where the dupes are from? Perhaps they are connected to Earth of past. Or maybe one of them dreamt it up ;)

I'm going by the Mona Lisa and Scream variations they paint. The seashell one is Boticelli's "Birth of Aphrodite". And here are "Composition in Red Blue and Yellow" by Mondrian and of course, the obligatory Deli's "Persistence of Time"!

In the next episode: "Lady with the Ermine", "Creation of Adam" and sculptures of "Venus of Milo" and Michael Angelo's "David" as per sculpture requests!

But gotta do some work first. Will probably draw them at night, this is fun :p

2lgyliz.png

matZiHR.png

bptWOsv.png

LDOwX8O.png

Man these are nice. I'd also like it to have an option of what paintings/sculptures to produce based on your skill level. So you can uniform the design across your base for visual effect.

This should be a community art challenge or something. I bet they'd have a TON of entries

3 hours ago, Yoma_Nosme said:

I have one as well :wilson_laugh:

Lol :D

Also, wow Google, I typed "man and woman standing in front of" it suggested barn and then told me what the original was. Wow.

17 minutes ago, Albryant said:

Would love to see a Hatches Playing Poker one.

I checked these out, but I fear with how tiny the canvas is it would be impossible to fit them in a way that would make the painting recognizable :( And one hatch playing poker with itself would be a very lonely night...

Great work.

6 hours ago, Ellilea said:

In the next episode: "Lady with the Ermine", "Creation of Adam" and sculptures of "Venus of Milo" and Michael Angelo's "David" as per sculpture requests!

If you're taking requests, how about a Starry Night with meteors instead of stars or an ONI-take on Jackson Pollock.

1 hour ago, goboking said:

Great work.

If you're taking requests, how about a Starry Night with meteors instead of stars or an ONI-take on Jackson Pollock.

How about this?

k60sUoa.pngijywaMO.png

And the "genetic ooze" creation :p :

VqOzacD.pngwyMIEil.png

Oozinator, I'm going to stay contained to this one thread and make no more mess, my apologies! :o

1 hour ago, goboking said:

an ONI-take on Jackson Pollock.

I uh... :D

According to Google he was painting mostly random paint splashes :D I think that's exactly what would come out of Duplicant style of painting, but I'm not sure how there can be any kind of thematic take on that :D

I mean I can make a splashy painting if you want, but making it ONI-themed might be... difficult :D

20 minutes ago, blash365 said:

Nice ideas.

I see van gogh, dali and michelangelo, but what are the others?

If i had to choose, i'd take the van gogh any day. Perfect fit!

Thank you :)

The squares is Piet Mondian "Composition in Red Blue and Yellow", and Botticelli's "Birth of Aphrodite".

And the critter collection is mine cause I like critters and (aside of drekos) they're pretty damn cute :D

Archived