[Game Update] - 274618

• Developer
  • The Gorge leaderboards have been reset!  Your team’s score will now be based on the quality of your offerings over time, rather than an overall total.  (Please note that the original leaderboards have been archived and can still be viewed on the website.)
  • Fixed some issues preventing Players from finding their server to rejoin if they got disconnected.

View full update

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • The Gorge leaderboards have been reset!  Your team’s score will now be based on the quality of your offerings over time, rather than an overall total.  (Please note that the original leaderboards have been archived and can still be viewed on the website.)

Thanks for caring about ur werebeavers Klei.

Edited by MatheusR31
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't understand how this new leaderboard is different from the old one. As per the archived leaderboard, first place has 734 cravings at about 6 hours with a total score of 74469. Second place has 875 cravings at about 7 hours 20 minutes with a total score of 73750. This seems to suggest to that First Place was serving higher quality meals with about 120 less meals served in comparison to second place. If we continue down the list, this pattern seems to persist, although there are different times - some longer, some shorter - the score seems to have been based on meal quality as well. 

Based on the archived leaderboard, I can't seem to see a difference between the new and old leaderboard, where the team's score is still based on meal quality over time for both. This is of course before the new leaderboard has been updated, I of course don't know what each individual team has been serving the Gnaw, and only have somewhat an idea of how they teams did it originally, so please correct me where I'm wrong or misunderstand something. :)

• Developer
34 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

I don't understand how this new leaderboard is different from the old one. As per the archived leaderboard, first place has 734 cravings at about 6 hours with a total score of 74469. Second place has 875 cravings at about 7 hours 20 minutes with a total score of 73750. This seems to suggest to that First Place was serving higher quality meals with about 120 less meals served in comparison to second place. If we continue down the list, this pattern seems to persist, although there are different times - some longer, some shorter - the score seems to have been based on meal quality as well. 

Based on the archived leaderboard, I can't seem to see a difference between the new and old leaderboard, where the team's score is still based on meal quality over time for both. This is of course before the new leaderboard has been updated, I of course don't know what each individual team has been serving the Gnaw, and only have somewhat an idea of how they teams did it originally, so please correct me where I'm wrong or misunderstand something. :)

The new leaderboards are more like an average quality over a match, while the old leaderboards were a running total of quality per craving.

• Like 3

On the new leaderboard, a 9 minute run with 8 satisfied cravings is in second place while a 34 craving win is in 10th place. So the mechanics are definitely quite different. And multi-hour runs shouldn't be a thing, anymore.

First place is still a 20 craving match though, so it's not like it's speedrun time. You just need to make every dish as high quality as it gets, I guess!

9 hours ago, lakhnish said:

This seems to suggest to that First Place was serving higher quality meals with about 120 less meals served in comparison to second place.

Well,I'm the player in the second team 老司饥. There are too many coins on the ground so we couldn't pick up blue coin for Silver plate. Our team offered dishes without Silver plate. So that's why we earn less score than the NO.1 team.

Maybe that's the point,but unfortunately our team didn't get any information about how to earn higher score from KLei. At least we have a good time in The Gorge,it's more important to us.:)

• Thanks 1