6 dish Solo Wes strat 100% consistent RNG Proof [OUTDATED]

zarklord_klei

2 minutes ago, Zarklord said:

the only thing I do know is that its to consistent for it random dumb luck.

ok... I think u are taking my words out of context... what I said is that your strat is consistent.. and pretty well put together cuz u took the time to plan for the use of the same ingredients for most recipes (flour, milk, spices, tatos) regardless of the main craving  .. which it's obviously not a random factor... but as I said before.. sometimes the safe loot changes... for that reason... that part it's luck dependent... dunno what makes it change.. but it does. I hope u get now the point I'm trying to make here.

Um, hopefully there's no frustration here, but please keep in mind that this strategy is fairly new (not even 2 days old yet) and there's probably going to be a lot of things to test/hammer out.

Especially since this deals with the unknown rather than a huge branch of routes with constant variables that simply need to be memorized.

I understand that having the strategy not work out for you is stressing, but it's also equally as bothersome to not be able to know why it's working for yourself but not for others.

I've currently put my guide on hold for now and I'm focusing most of my free time to figuring out exactly how this safe rotation works. If we can completely solve this, it'll help a great deal of the community out in maximizing their time spent playing The Gorge.

Hopefully I can help Zarklord, FreyaMaluk, and everyone else but please be patient as this may or may not end up working for everyone (especially if Klei decides to change things).

• Developer
4 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

ok... I think u are taking my words out of context... what I said is that your strat is consistent.. and pretty well put together cuz u took the time to plan for the use of the same ingredients for most recipes (flour, milk, spices, tatos) regardless of the main craving  .. which it's obviously not a random factor... but as I said before.. sometimes the safe loot changes... for that reason... that part it's luck dependent... dunno what makes it change.. but it does. I hope u get now the point I'm trying to make here.

I wasn't trying to take your words out of context sorry.
All I was trying to say in that post that hitting the expected safe 15 times in a row has such a low chance if its random(0.00000005%) that it can't be random.

Just now, Extant said:

Um, hopefully there's no frustration here, but please keep in mind that this strategy is fairly new (not even 2 days old yet) and there's probably going to be a lot of things to test/hammer out.

Especially since this deals with the unknown rather than a huge branch of routes with constant variables that simply need to be memorized.

I understand that having the strategy not work out for you is stressing, but it's also equally as bothersome to not be able to know why it's working for yourself but not for others.

I've currently put my guide on hold for now and I'm focusing most of my free time to figuring out exactly how this safe rotation works. If we can completely solve this, it'll help a great deal of the community out in maximizing their time spent playing The Gorge.

Hopefully I can help Zarklord, FreyaMaluk, and everyone else but please be patient as this may or may not end up working for everyone (especially if Klei decides to change things).

lol... I'm not stressed out...

I'm just pointing out some things here... and I did manage to make this work for me... more or less... for the solo win ... 

just letting know sometimes safe loot changes... that's all :)

6 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

lol... I'm not stressed out...

I'm just pointing out some things here... and I did manage to make this work for me... more or less... for the solo win ... 

just letting know sometimes safe loot changes... that's all :)

There are probably a few other things that can affect the safe's rotation that we're not aware of. The only question is if they're something every client can control or if it's something out of our power.

I'm glad you managed to get it to work though! Hopefully we can make this succeed for everyone.

I'm still researching into what could affect the rotation, but I did decide to try out Zarklord's recipe-strategy out of curiosity.

He definitely put a lot of effort into giving as much time as possible as far as the meter goes. It was my 1st attempt and I made quite a few mistakes, but I still got out with plenty of time to spare.

Even if you guys can't get the rotation to work, all you have to do is follow his guide until you make your 1st salt run. If you don't get the large cook pot, just reset and try again. All it should cost is about 4-5 minutes at most which is definitely worth having this good a shot at getting the 7 dish achievement in addition to the others if you're a newer player.

Thanks again to Zarklord for both the fantastic find and work on the strategy for the run!

I tested this guide just now, come across to multiple fails (5 times) due to my short memory. :lol:
Though, I stucked at dessert due to not enough coins to buy milk. 

My rounds: 
Snack (Stone Soup) > Vegetables (Roasted Veggies) > Meat  (Curry) > Dessert > ? > ? > ?
(and the rounds doesn't change to different cravings somehow) 

I noticed that you should open the Safe box on the left to get the Large Cookpot? 
Because I once open on the right, I got Large Oven. I tried this twice, same result; Large Cookpot on the left Safe Box, Large Oven on the right Safe Box. Maybe it's generated differently to some players, not sure.  I stuck at Cheesecake recipe since I don't get enough red mark to buy them.
That's pretty much it. I try to find recipe for dessert that gave 2 red mark, found none. Perhaps I will test it again later to get different cravings.

Which cravings do you mostly get? 

9 minutes ago, Amiexa said:

I tested this guide just now, come across to multiple fails (5 times) due to my short memory. :lol:

My rounds: 
Snack (Stone Soup) > Vegetables (Roasted Veggies) > Meat  (Curry) > Dessert > ? > ? > ?

I noticed that you should open the Safe box on the left to get the Large Cookpot? 
Because I once open on the right, I got Large Oven. I tried this twice, same result; Large Cookpot on the left Safe Box, Large Oven on the right Safe Box. Maybe it's generated differently to some players, not sure.  I stuck at Cheesecake recipe since I don't get enough red mark to buy them.
That's pretty much it. I try to find recipe for dessert that gave 2 red mark, found none. Perhaps I will test it again later to get different cravings.

Aw, I'm sure you'll get it eventually! Also, that's the same route I got on my 1st attempt. Did you put the curry in a silver bowl before offering it? It should've given you the red mark for the milk.

Also, originally we thought that the safes' locations don't matter, but they might actually. I'm not 100% sure, but the rewards may be location bound as well. Potentially the rotation simply changes up which safe they end up in.

Of course, we're not sure yet on what can trigger the rotation aside from grinding at the mealing stone. There could be multiple things that cause the items to shift around.

This is all still very new and in the experimental stages for now.

33 minutes ago, Extant said:

Aw, I'm sure you'll get it eventually! Also, that's the same route I got on my 1st attempt. Did you put the curry in a silver bowl before offering it? It should've given you the red mark for the milk.

Also, originally we thought that the safes' locations don't matter, but they might actually. I'm not 100% sure, but the rewards may be location bound as well. Potentially the rotation simply changes up which safe they end up.

Of course, we're not sure yet on what can trigger the rotation aside from grinding at the mealing stone. There could be multiple things that cause the items to shift around.

This is all still very new and in the experimental stages for now.

Okeyh so I tried again just now and just remembered that if you buy milk, you get 3 milk xD 

And the Safe Box also change, now, the Large Oven is on the left, I had to run back to get another key to open the other Safe Box (I should just buy lol, too panic) , but didn't had enough time. I was at Round 5, the food (Onion Soup) just cooked but it's too late to give to Gnaw. So I guess you have to try once WITHOUT closing the game/disconnecting from the server so that the two Safe Boxes content doesn't switch because my first 5 attempt; I didn't disconnect or leave my server.  Will try again later soon. 

No worries! I just trying out the guide for fun and try to help if I could. :D 

2 hours ago, Extant said:

Even if you guys can't get the rotation to work, all you have to do is follow his guide until you make your 1st salt run. If you don't get the large cook pot, just reset and try again.

You can finish comfortably also if you get the casserole first and the pot second. If you get the casserole first, you have a 50/50 chance to get the pot next so it might be worth hanging on.

I have also had the safe contents reset on me. I ended up doing 5 test runs where I did nothing but make stone soup and grind salt and open safes (i.e. I did not grind anything else). By the logic of the guide, I assume the contents should not have changed, but they did: for runs 1 and 2 the safe contents were the same, 3 and 4 were the same but different to 1 and 2, and 5 was different again. The runs were all fails of course but I did them without disconnecting from the custom server, i.e., I let them run their course rather than escaping/disconnecting..

Out of interest, it takes exactly 2.5 minutes for the salt to (re)spawn, if anyone wants to incorporate that into how they do their runs.

Just thought I'd suggest  a slight modification to your instructions to trim it a bit.

If you Get Bread or Meat.   Doing a shooter sandwich on the grill  can satisfy Bread or meat.   No need to have separate instructions about the oven.

If You Get Bread:
    Buy Large Grill
    Buy Slaughtering Tool
    Cook Shooter Sandwich (Large Grill) (2 B.Meat 1 Flour 1 Spice)
If You Get Meat:
    Buy Slaughtering Tool
    Cook Meat Wellington (Large Oven) (2 B.Meat 1 Flour 1 Spice)

You can adjust that to say:

If You Get Bread OR Meat:
    Buy Large Grill
    Buy Slaughtering Tool

Did you ever buy Large Grill at all? Especially the 3 fire pits are already used and you run out of time? I am not, but i think, It much easier to kill yourself as soon as you got bread at 6.

1 hour ago, RonEmpire said:

Just thought I'd suggest  a slight modification to your instructions to trim it a bit.

If you Get Bread or Meat.   Doing a shooter sandwich on the grill  can satisfy Bread or meat.   No need to have separate instructions about the oven.

If You Get Bread:
    Buy Large Grill
    Buy Slaughtering Tool
If You Get Meat:
    Buy Slaughtering Tool

Buy Large Grill
    Buy Slaughtering Tool

i think shooter sandwich as other meals that fullfil different cravings doenst always give gnaw's favor for every craving thats why some meals must be change depending on craving

• Developer
2 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

If You Get Bread:
    Buy Large Grill
    Buy Slaughtering Tool
If You Get Meat:
    Buy Slaughtering Tool

Buy Large Grill
    Buy Slaughtering Tool

Buying the large grill takes time, and since the recipe is the same(just a different cooking utensil) there isn't a reason to buy the large grill there.

6 hours ago, Amiexa said:

My rounds: 

You can do two things once you have enough info about the safe contents:
You can not grind ever(before opening your first safe) and just open the correct safe(this also takes two rounds to determine, you just open a different safe on each round
or you can use the mealstone to shift the contents.
Make sure to plate/bowl everything otherwise you won't get red marks/sapphire medallions.
Also keep in mind that every 6/12/24 hours(not quite sure which)(the only confirmed reset is 4:00pm est) the default locations change. In general if the safe contents aren't what you expect try re-determining your seed and see if its consistent again.
Lastly you shouldn't NEED to stay in the same server for the seed to stay consistent.

1 hour ago, Boriya said:

Did you ever buy Large Grill at all? Especially the 3 fire pits are already used and you run out of time? I am not, but i think, It much easier to kill yourself as soon as you got bread at 6.

You have 4 fire-pits at base camp so you have room for the large grill, the more you practice the run the quicker and more efficient you can get at this run, I can generally finish this run with 2/3 minutes left to spare in the game now.

13 hours ago, Zarklord said:

You can do two things once you have enough info about the safe contents:
You can not grind ever(before opening your first safe) and just open the correct safe(this also takes two rounds to determine, you just open a different safe on each round
or you can use the mealstone to shift the contents.
Make sure to plate/bowl everything otherwise you won't get red marks/sapphire medallions.
Also keep in mind that every 6/12/24 hours(not quite sure which)(the only confirmed reset is 4:00pm est) the default locations change. In general if the safe contents aren't what you expect try re-determining your seed and see if its consistent again.
Lastly you shouldn't NEED to stay in the same server for the seed to stay consistent.

Ohhh, alright then. I will try it out again today. Thank you so much for replying! :D 

Does not work consistently for me... I tried staying in the same server (just waiting for the time to run out), as well as disconnecting. No mater what I grind, it seems like there is always a chance for the safe contents to change. I've only made one successful run where the contents did not change from the trial run... 

I would also suggest that you add in your steps that you need to continue to do salt runs at least one more time until you get the large casserole/pot depending on what you got in your first safe. I failed my only successful attempt just because I didn't realize I had to run salt again to open the second safe for large dish after I got casserole on my first safe.

• Developer
9 hours ago, makats said:

Does not work consistently for me... I tried staying in the same server (just waiting for the time to run out), as well as disconnecting. No mater what I grind, it seems like there is always a chance for the safe contents to change. I've only made one successful run where the contents did not change from the trial run... 

I would also suggest that you add in your steps that you need to continue to do salt runs at least one more time until you get the large casserole/pot depending on what you got in your first safe. I failed my only successful attempt just because I didn't realize I had to run salt again to open the second safe for large dish after I got casserole on my first safe.

I'm sorry it doesn't work for you, I do wish we fully understood all external factors regarding this... For all we know it could be related to your Klei User Id, or maybe your external ip, or even something else, sadly we probably wont ever fully understand this.
I did put at the top of the guide that you had to open the other(1 possibly 2) safes, but i should put where you open them in the guide itself.

3 hours ago, ItsPirrip said:

I wish this guide was more of a visual guide so it's easier to follow through while with the guide open. I'm playing on Steam so I can learn Gorge and solo on Xbox1 or PS4 since console is my main for DST.

Visual guide as in screenshot image's and video? 
Yea, I kind of wanted a video for this guide. 

1 hour ago, Amiexa said:

Like a chart kind of thing.

Example: Step 1, Step 2, etc.... if its RNG provide all the possible ways and like with visual icons like the wiki RPi9XpN.png

• Developer
13 hours ago, Amiexa said:

i can put a video up but the number of possible route permutations is quite high, so it would just be 1 run.

Archived