6 dish Solo Wes strat 100% consistent RNG Proof [OUTDATED]

zarklord_klei

• Developer
5 minutes ago, Extant said:

RNGesus rises again! I tried testing this out too just a moment ago and I couldn't replicate it anymore either.

I guess co.op's and my guide will have to do for now until something new arises.

Yeah :(. the thing I don't understand is that how bizarre it was seemed to lead to it being intentional. yet they patched it out anyway.

I assume it was probably one of the easier, quicker methods to manage the RNG of the safe's contents.

The developers probably didn't think the player base would be smart enough to figure it out but we're a resourceful lot. Kind of like troublesome children, to be honest haha.

23 hours ago, Zarklord said:

Hello Everyone

The "bug/feature" that was used for this strat has been patched by klei and this route is no longer consistent.

Broken Strat:

Hide contents

This is a 100% consistent 6 dish solo wes rng proof run. this run has a setup requirements before you can do it.

The only thing holding back 6 dish rng proof runs was the variability of the safe contents, well you can actually manipulate the contents of the safe you open to reliably force the contents to be what you need. Here's how:

Safe Content Manipulation:

Everyday the starting safe content seed is reset(currently we know it resets at 4:00pm est, it is unknown if it resets more than once a day), so you have to redetermine the seed every day that you want to do this strat. The seed is per host player and cannot reliably shared :(.

The quickest route to determine your seed is this:

Round 1:
Stone Soup
Buy Salt Rack
Open 1st safe
(the "1st" safe can be whichever safe you want, though I pick the one right next to the entrance near the grindstone since its the closest.)

If you got the contents you desired for your route congrats you have now found your seed(more on how you use this later). if you didn't get the contents you desired then me must shift the contents of the safe around so that the "1st" safe has your correct contents, to do this you need to grind something on the meal-stone, generally you would only have access to wheat in the beginning so we will take two wheat and grind that and then open the chest, so that route looks something like this:

Round 1:
Stone Soup
Buy Blue(wheat) Seeds
Buy Salt Rack
Grind 2 wheat into 1 Flour
Open 1st safe

Whether or not you got your contents you have now determined your seed. If you got the contents you need to grind 1 flour before opening the safe, if you didn't get the contents you grind a second flour before opening the chest.

Okay so you know your seed know you can carry on to the run.
PSA: it's unknown if more stuff than grinding affects the safe contents shifting around so don't complain that this doesn't work unless you do exactly the same thing twice and get different safe contents; I have done the following route 12~ times and have reliably predicted the safe contents every time.

The Route:

You MUST play wes for this route to work.
Everything after round 1 MUST be plated
Salting isn't required and isn't needed.
Recipe item counts are NOT A RECOMENDATION they are a requirement.
Plant All Seeds on the round you buy them.
You MUST know the safe contents seed for getting the large cookpot on the first safe.
If you know the which safe contains the Large Oven Dish you dont need to open the 3rd safe,
This isn't a run breaker, but you will be more effecient if you do know(its basicaly the same way you determine the safe contents of the initial safe).

Round 1:
    Buy Cookpot

Cook Stone Soup (Cookpot) (1 Foliage 1 Rock 1 Berry)

Round 2:
    Buy Salt Rack
    Buy Grill
    Buy 2 Blue(Wheat) Seeds
    NOTE:
	You need to get the salt rack up immediately so that you can open the first safe to plate the round 2 dish.
    You have plenty of time to get all the wood you need(about 22 extra wood) in this time.

If You Get Vegetables:
    Gather 3 Potatoes and 2 Rot From Potato Farm
    Gather 1 Mushroom
    Cook Roasted Veggies (Grill) (2 Potatoes 1 Mushroom)

If You Get Bread:
    Gather 1 Potatoes and 2 Rot From Potato Farm
    Cook Jelly Sandwich (Grill) (2 Berries 1 Flour)

Round 3:
    Buy Sugar Forest Key.
If You Get Meat:
    Gather 9 Spice Plants
    Buy a Pigeon I REPEAT BUY A Pigeon, DO NOT BUY A TRAP.
    Cook Curry (Large Cookpot) (1 Meat Scraps 2 Spice 1 Potato)

If You Get Fish:
    Gather 6 Spice Plants
    Buy a Fish
    Cook Poached Fish (Large Cookpot) (1 Salmon 1 Foliage 1 Spice 1 Potato)

Round 4:
    Buy Oven
    Buy 1 Pointy(Onion) Seed
    Buy Milk

Cook Cheesecake (Large Oven) (2 Milk 1 Flour 1 Berry)

Round 5:
    DON'T BUY MORE MILK FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
    Cook Onion Soup (Large Cookpot) (1 Flour 1 Milk 1 2 Onions)

Round 6:
If you dont have a silver plate buy one from mumsy with the extra Sapphire Medallion you have.
If You Get Bread:
    Buy Large Grill
    Buy Slaughtering Tool
    Cook Shooter Sandwich (Large Grill) (2 B.Meat 1 Flour 1 Spice)
If You Get Meat:
    Buy Slaughtering Tool
    Cook Meat Wellington (Large Oven) (2 B.Meat 1 Flour 1 Spice)
If You Get Fish:
    Buy Milk
    Cook Creamy Fish (Large Oven) (1 Salmon 2 Milk 1 Spice)

Thanks for reading and have fun.

I think the strat is not completely useless now.. but just luck dependent for the lining... it's nevertheless a pretty good compact alternative if u are lucky enough to get large pot and/or large casserole in the desired order :)

14 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I think the strat is not completely useless now.. but just luck dependent for the lining... it's nevertheless a pretty good compact alternative if u are lucky enough to get large pot and/or large casserole in the desired order :)

not really when i talked with Zarklord trying to see if there is a time for the seed reset i made a run getting the large pot on the last safe and i was still able to do it the trick is to deliver the 2 round meal in the rigth moment to slow down gnaw's hunger so you get more time to wait for the third safe if neccessary.

Just now, Zarklord said:

okay so after doing further testing safe content manipulation is indeed working.
I don't know what I/Boriya did wrong but i just confirmed it is indeed working.

let me do a run and confirm also my friend

2 minutes ago, Zarklord said:

thanks for confirming.

also noticing that i did no grind for all 3 attemps and got large pot on the same safe the 3 times, but i changed the route for every attemp to see if only grinding change the safe contents so everything else was different (like buying seeds first then pot, things like that) but the grind still the same on 3 attemps and i still got the pot on the same safe, gonna make another round to reduce the chances that im just being lucky getting pot on the same 1st safe 3 times in a row, so 4 times will be less likely to happen

• Developer
Just now, Soulk said:

also noticing that i did no grind for all 3 attemps and got large pot on the same safe the 3 times, but i changed the route for every attemp to see if only grinding change the safe contents so everything else was different (like buying seeds first then pot, things like that) but the grind still the same on 3 attemps and i still got the pot on the same safe, gonna make another round to reduce the chances that im just being lucky getting pot on the same 1st safe 3 times in a row, so 4 times will be less likely to happen

being extra thorough, thanks so much.

2 hours ago, Zarklord said:

being extra thorough, thanks so much.

i did it 2 more times and i got the large pot successfully on both attemps so 5 in a row. Will be very unlikely that im just lucky cuz most of the times im not xD

6 hours ago, Soulk said:

not really when i talked with Zarklord trying to see if there is a time for the seed reset i made a run getting the large pot on the last safe and i was still able to do it the trick is to deliver the 2 round meal in the rigth moment to slow down gnaw's hunger so you get more time to wait for the third safe if neccessary.

I consistently got random loot while I was testing this yesterday for more than 20 times opening the first safe first... u might have gotten some coincidental loot, but after further testing I can assure u the "seed" exploit was patched 

However, as I said before... this guide is awesome and it still applies if you got lucky with the loot.. cuz the recipes are distributed so that u will use the same filler .. only thing that changes is the main ingredient.. so ofc it's an valid strat

• Developer
5 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I consistently got random loot while I was testing this yesterday for more than 20 times opening the first safe first... u might have gotten some coincidental loot, but after further testing I can assure u the "seed" exploit was patched 

However, as I said before... this guide is awesome and it still applies if you got lucky with the loot.. cuz the recipes are distributed so that u will use the same filler .. only thing that changes is the main ingredient.. so ofc it's an valid strat

were talking two seperate people hitting like less than a 1% chance consistently i don't known what you were doing wrong but the seed exploit isn't broken.

39 minutes ago, Zarklord said:

were talking two seperate people hitting like less than a 1% chance consistently i don't known what you were doing wrong but the seed exploit isn't broken.

20180621020326_1.thumb.jpg.b9a6e9c0bfbaecdb0b3ffc6d162316fe.jpg20180621015142_1.thumb.jpg.052a48bd0482b46cf85cbe90a9b23337.jpg

then explain this... I opened both as the first safe

• Developer
11 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

20180621020326_1.thumb.jpg.b9a6e9c0bfbaecdb0b3ffc6d162316fe.jpg20180621015142_1.thumb.jpg.052a48bd0482b46cf85cbe90a9b23337.jpg

then explain this... I opened both as the first safe

outline exactly what you did in both games.
also when did both these games happen?
until both of these questions are answered you are right I can't explain it.
more than likely there is a second influencing action that can be done that I don't know about.

3 minutes ago, Zarklord said:

outline exactly what you did in both games.
also when did both these games happen?
until both of these questions are answered you are right I can't explain it.
more than likely there is a second influencing action that can be done that I don't know about.

I didn't do anything different... 

first dish stone soup in both games

then just waited and took screenies from Billy's dialogue lines.. then I got different loot opening both as the first safe.... this was in a time frame not longer than 10 min from each other 

9 minutes ago, Zarklord said:

and both these games were this evening, or was it some other time?

I just did both games... after your response... 

tbh I'm not trying to trick u here... I'm trying to let u know u have an awesome strat.. but it's not 100% bulletproof.. just saying!

• Developer
Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

I just did both games... after your response... 

okay, I don't know what to say then.
this is consistent for me and a couple other people that I have shown this to on discord.
I don't know everything about how this works(because the relevant code is on the server, and i cant access it.) but I'm at 15(give or take a game or two) of consistent item predictability(just 7 games of reliable predictability is 0.0001% chance of happening), I can't say what's being done wrong or if klei is indeed making changes to the servers regarding this(they said they weren't) its possible that your internet must be consistent to connect to the same location of servers. I really don't know whats wrong for you, the only thing I do know is that its to consistent for it random dumb luck.

Archived