The Axe & Shovel Skin

_index

How about making it also apply to the golden axe/shovel ? It feels frustrating to have a skin on the regular axe but having that hideous thing called a regular skin for the golden version ._.

2 hours ago, Extant said:

Congratulations on the skin! Does it only apply on the flint axe or does it have the same silver look for the golden one?

that was the whole point of my post x) It does not currently apply to the golden version of the skin. And i find that ridiculous '_'

Ah, so it only has a version for the regular tools. That really is a shame.

I only have a small amount of experience working with graphics, but it should be easy enough to simply change the hue or even adjust the entire color on the silver part of the tools provided that the silver parts are on a separate layer than the wooden handles.

On 16/6/2018 at 1:18 PM, Wyvernal said:

How about making it also apply to the golden axe/shovel ? It feels frustrating to have a skin on the regular axe but having that hideous thing called a regular skin for the golden version ._.

Would love if the golden axe/shovel would get the same silver look but with the edges having a golden cover or something

Finished all the acomplishments today and got the axe skin on my last chest, felt dissappointed when i realized it only works for the flint axe and came here to make a thread just like this. The flint axe disposable and obsolete past bird cage, other players will probably never see me using it.

The flint and gold tools are basically pallete swaps, why can't they share skin be for both? Even different tools like spear and fire staff share skins so there is no excuse. Will there be gold tool exclusive skins too? That's just silly.

8 hours ago, Serph said:

Even different tools like spear and fire staff share skins so there is no excuse.

They only share skins because the fire staff is made with a spear. That's the way all of the skins work if they're like that. But I would love to see the axe/shovel skins transfer to the luxury tools. I'd also like a pickaxe skin... and I still want a pith pike skin from the Forge for Wigfrid's Battle Spear.

That is super annoying.

Though the worst is the Goat head cane facing towards your character... who uses a ornamented cane that face the person? it would have been a much better skin if it turned the normal way for a cane.

As a Woodie fan, I'd also like to add my disconfort about being unable to change Lucy's skin for the new axe skin from Gorge's event. It'd be nice to have reskinned lucy. It talks incensantly, so it's hard to confuse for a plain axe, right?

14 minutes ago, Gasil Grinds said:

As a Woodie fan, I'd also like to add my disconfort about being unable to change Lucy's skin for the new axe skin from Gorge's event. It'd be nice to have reskinned lucy. It talks incensantly, so it's hard to confuse for a plain axe, right?

But Lucy isn't crafted...

I know. Making her editable when you pick your character and change its clothes before entering the map? The devs can come with something, just need to be creative.

On 22/06/2018 at 3:03 AM, fimmatek said:

Yeah, but maybe so long as you have that skin equipped it will spawn a skinned Lucy? The same could go for Abigail and the Shadow Minions when a player wearing a special skin spawns them.

Even if that's too gimmicky to pull off though, there's no excusing that something direct like Woodie's beaver form tied to him like Wolfgang's transformations sadly doesn't get any skins applied to him.

On 6/23/2018 at 8:20 AM, Atkvin said:
  • Yeah, but maybe so long as you have that skin equipped it will spawn a skinned Lucy? The same could go for Abigail and the Shadow Minions when a player wearing a special skin spawns them.
  • Even if that's too gimmicky to pull off though, there's no excusing that something direct like Woodie's beaver form tied to him like Wolfgang's transformations sadly doesn't get any skins applied to him.

@FuffledBeeQueen?

On 20/07/2018 at 11:26 AM, minespatch said:
  • Skin Advancements plans to add Golden Victorian Tools, not only recolors but slight edits to make it more fancy, this includes a pickaxe skin and a golden pick skin for owners of both silver tools
    -------------- To the Points -----------------
  • Skinned Lucy, Abigail and Shadow Minions are also planned, Abigail being mostly done, her flowers are the only big thing to do, Shadow minions are already done :p Lucy will take some time
  • Woodie's Werebeaver will most likely be the last major thing to add to the mod, they aren't exactly a simple work of changing 1 sprite

8 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:
  • Skin Advancements plans to add Golden Victorian Tools, not only recolors but slight edits to make it more fancy, this includes a pickaxe skin and a golden pick skin for owners of both silver tools
  • Skinned Lucy, Abigail and Shadow Minions are also planned, Abigail being mostly done, her flowers are the only big thing to do, Shadow minions are already done :p Lucy will take some time
  • Woodie's Werebeaver will most likely be the last major thing to add to the mod, they aren't exactly a simple work of changing 1 sprite

Worship Her/Him!

On 30/7/2018 at 7:52 AM, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Finally someone that is doing kleis job, looking forward to this

Archived