8 Dish Gorge Solo Guide - RNG-Proof/Non-Character-Specific

Extant

4 hours ago, Boriya said:

Thx for your hard work! I shooted a video of not the best run, but it will be still helpful i guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MQWoLSQavI

This version without a dish and salt run at 7. But i made a change in description, this is my working "trot" for runs

Congratulations on the successful run! I was really worried at the end when you had a panic attack and started looking for a 3rd plate when it wasn't even needed.

I'm sure the video demonstration will definitely be helpful for those who have trouble reading. I guess I should also add a tip that the max fuel for a fire is 4 for those who don't know.

2 hours ago, Mayli-Song said:

Thank you for this. My anxiety is making it so I'd rather practice solo a bunch than play public.

Not a problem at all. That's kind of the reason why I made this guide.

Originally I created it because I, myself, prefer to solo but I do so because I don't have enough faith in myself to perform without mistake in a group. At least if I'm going a cappella, my errors will only drag 1 person down.

I wish you the best of luck and I know you can do it as long as you keep trying!

43 minutes ago, NikkoKikko said:

any ideas why fresh pizza on silver platter for #6-Meat doesn't yeild favor ?
I'll try again, maybe it was a bug or something.

I'm currently testing someone else's guide out at the moment, but as soon as I'm free, I'll do another test run to check if anything changed in the rewards system.

Okay, I just tested pizza for #6 again and it did give me a favor. You did say it was fresh and on a silver plate, so I trust you on that.

My best guess is either the pizza was fresh (but turned stale right when The Gnaw ate it) or you gave it on a bread/fish craving by accident. Other than that, it's possible a bug could have occurred. Don't give up, I know you can do it!

20 minutes ago, Jynn said:

Great guide, i ALMOST made it...except my 2 milk went stale so the meal was stale, so i didn't get my 2nd red favor to buy more milk for the last Dessert meal >.<

Yeah, you're the 3rd person to reply to my thread having issues with stale creamy fettuccine at this point.

The key here is to make sure you've finished the 2nd salt run and make sure you got the other 3 ingredients ready for the 6th meal before you buy the 1st milk from Mumsy.

Then it's safe to buy the milk and make the 6th meal. You should have the flour ready no matter what route you got, so all you'd be missing at the start of round #7 is the garlic/possibly large cook pot, both of which you just have to walk over to Pipton to buy.

Don't give up and good luck!

16 minutes ago, Extant said:

Yeah, you're the 3rd person to reply to my thread having issues with stale creamy fettuccine at this point.

The key here is to make sure you've finished the 2nd salt run and make sure you got the other 3 ingredients ready for the 6th meal before you buy the 1st milk from Mumsy.

Then it's safe to buy the milk and make the 6th meal. You should have the flour ready no matter what route you got, so all you'd be missing at the start of round #7 is the garlic/possibly large cook pot, both of which you just have to walk over to Pipton to buy.

yup i got it this time, after making sure to buy milk at the very last xD 

20180620125720_1.jpg

• Developer
18 minutes ago, Extant said:

may i ask why your doing fettuccine instead of mac'n cheese?

On 6/20/2018 at 3:13 PM, Zarklord said:

may i ask why your doing fettuccine instead of mac'n cheese?

As far as I remember, macaroni and cheese doesn't give a favor for pasta craving.

Even if it does, I'd have to come up with a new cheese dish for #8 in case it comes up and I don't like to repeat meals so that newer players can get the no repeat achievement.

Okay, so macaroni and cheese does give a favor for pasta, but then people would be short 1 red mark to buy milk for the 8th round so fettuccine still seems the best for #7.

2 minutes ago, Extant said:

As far as I remember, macaroni and cheese doesn't give a favor for pasta craving.

Even if it does, I'd have to come up with a new cheese dish for #8 in case it comes up and I don't like to repeat meals so that newer players can get the no repeat achievement.

it does give a favor i believe, or at least according to my recipe book it does, but fettuccine works just fine (and was actually a new recipe for me, i hadn't had that one yet)

it 

20180620145229_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Jynn said:

it does give a favor i believe, or at least according to my recipe book it does, but fettuccine works just fine (and was actually a new recipe for me, i hadn't had that one yet)

it 

20180620145229_1.jpg

Right, it does give a favor but only for cheese craving if my memory serves correct. That's why I recommend making it for dish #8 in case The Gnaw wants cheese instead of dessert.

I'll try offering it to The Gnaw for #7 sometime and see if it gives a favor for pasta as well these days.

Come to think of it, repeating Macaroni and Cheese isn't 100% feasible either as it'd require 2 bowls and tomato soup needs 1 bowl for the red mark at #5. There's no guarantee that you'd have 3 bowls by safe #2.

On a side note, congratulations on your successful run, Jynn! I didn't see that earlier post.

oh i'm fine with how you have it, i was just sharing my recipe showing the favor. I plan to use your strategy to try and get the last 18 recipes i'm missing, or at least try to xD it's hard getting the recipes i need in a actual game, so i'll try it myself

Ah, no worries. I'm always willing to try and change my guide if it makes it faster/easier, but the problem is that there are a multitude of factors that affect what rewards a dish gives.

The 1st factor is if the food is fresh, stale or spoiled. That's easy enough.

The 2nd factor is whether the dish has a silver bowl/plate or not. Also quite simple to remember.

The biggest issue comes from dishes that can be accepted as multiple cravings...

I can give 2 example of this.

#1 is cheesecake. On the Klei database, it shows that cheesecake gives a favor whether it's on a plate or not and it holds true when you give it to The Gnaw for a dessert round. However, if you give it on a cheese round, it will not give a favor whether plated or not even though the recipe shows that it can be accepted as cheese. The Gnaw may accept it for cheese, but it won't give the optimal rewards.

#2 is tomato soup. Normally it gives 1 red mark and 6 old coins when in a silver bowl. However, if you give it to The Gnaw on a veggie craving, it will give 1 red mark, but only 2 old coins.

The 3rd factor is what makes finding the most optimal/easiest path a huge headache. The Klei database doesn't display each individual craving reward and I doubt it ever will. There is a person working on his own text to gather information on each dish's craving pay-out though. Everyone should check it out and help if they can.

Recipe List (With Craving Specifications)

I made it with my favorite character! Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong (bread #2, fish #3, not enough money for a salt rack until the start of the dessert round, and I must've done something with the coins since I didn't have enough money for a large grill for meat #6), so I just fed it meatballs and kept plowing through! 

I think my mistake was buying seed pods and spiky seeds at the same time during the 5th round, so I'll be sure to remember not to do that in the future!

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 6.17.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 6.18.02 PM.png

Hey, everyone. This update has been both a minor and major one I suppose.

No dishes have been changed, but I did optimize the order of things to do and combined the 1st and 2nd salt run together at meal #5 to save time.

1 minute ago, Extant said:

Hey, everyone. This update has been both a minor and major one I suppose.

No dishes have been changed, but I did optimize the order of things to do and combined the 1st and 2nd salt run together at meal #5 to save time.

If you're wondering what my guide is capable of in terms of farming time  (for those who already have all achievements unlocked), this is how fast I was able to run it with the new optimized route.

8 Dish Gorge Solo Time

And this is how much meter was remaining at the end.

8 Dish Gorge Solo Meter Remaining

whats the new optimazed route?

8 hours ago, Soulk said:

whats the new optimazed route?

Just do 1 salt run in the entire match. It starts at meal #5 when all the ingredients for the tomato soup have been gathered

Pick the 1st salt crystal at #4 dessert and the 2nd salt crystal at meal #5 near the end. Do the salt run then and get 2 keys at once.

You should empty your entire inventory besides the 2 keys before opening the safes since you'll pick up 2 bowls, 2 plates, and 1 large dish or 1 large cook pot.

2 hours ago, Werecrowe said:

I made it with my favorite character! Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong (bread #2, fish #3, not enough money for a salt rack until the start of the dessert round, and I must've done something with the coins since I didn't have enough money for a large grill for meat #6), so I just fed it meatballs and kept plowing through! 

I think my mistake was buying seed pods and spiky seeds at the same time during the 5th round, so I'll be sure to remember not to do that in the future!

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 6.17.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 6.18.02 PM.png

Good job, Werecrowe! Yeah, bread for #2 leaves absolutely no room for budget error as far as purchase order goes until after you turn in meatballs/fish stew as any character other than Wes.

Also, if you get bread for #2, veggie craving for #5, and bread for #6, you'll have no room for budget error yet again as non-Wes.

For those having financial problems because they bought items in the wrong order, I'll be making a budget sub-guide soon.

Money only becomes an issue really if you get bread for #2. If you don't trust your budget/reading skills, I'd recommend making carrot cake (1 carrot, 2 flour) instead of jelly roll at #4. It'll net an extra 2 coins compared to the roll since you'd have to buy 2 extra seeds you wouldn't normally.

Make sure you purchase 1 oblong seed (carrot) and 1 blue seed (wheat) at the beginning of meal #4 if so. Do not buy the seeds before then. If you get bread for #2, you will have no extra budget until after you finish round #3.

Archived