GORGE Help & Recipe Thread

Amiexa

4 hours ago, SovietPotato said:

I also noticed that the silver bowled Macaroni & Cheese gives you 1 less old coin than the regular Mac & Cheese. What's up with that?

Mac.PNG

When did you offer it? It usually gives a Favor when plated, so I'm guessing you gave it when it didn't want it.

11 minutes ago, Strael said:

What can also happen is if it has spoiled a bit, I.e. from spoiled milk.  If you add salt, it re-spruces it up to the Favor coin.

So that's what sal is used for! 

Also, I wanna try to find out some syrup big meat recipe, I'm sure we'll have a honeyed ham recipe or what(same for stuffed shrooms, which might be made with crab stuffing)

Thank you so much everyone with the comments! :wilson_love:

Though, I'm not done with this forum just yet. 
Since the Recipe Book stats came out on the link above this post or here
I will redesign this forum, reorganize according to Gnaw Cravings and adding images. 
I think that would help to most players. Do give me some time because I'm editing this forum alone. 

Have Fun Everyone! 3 more Recipes to go! :D  

15 minutes ago, Amiexa said:

Thank you so much everyone with the comments! :wilson_love:

Though, I'm not done with this forum just yet. 
Since the Recipe Book stats came out on the link above this post or here
I will redesign this forum, reorganize according to Gnaw Cravings and adding images. 
I think that would help to most players. Do give me some time because I'm editing this forum alone. 

Have Fun Everyone! 3 more Recipes to go! :D  

Yeah! I'm forcing something with meat and syrup, heheh

Just to remind folks that the final late game recipe is probably using beef meat. Crab has 3 recipes, milk has recipes in all stations, but beef meat only has recipes in oven and grill. Maybe some sort of hot pot or syrup meat recipe in the pot to be found

Is it just me or are the recipe rewards in the Klei database incorrect? For example, their bread shows that it gives 6 old coins but I only ever get 5 coins from it during the 2nd meal. The bread is as fresh as it can be and I only serve it to The Gnaw when it asks for bread so I'm curious as to why there's a difference there.

It's not just that recipe, Their Cheesecake also shows that it gives a favor even without a plate but when I gave it to The Gnaw without it, I only got 1 red mark, 1 sapphire, and 8 old coins.

I'm sure that the other recipes would be inconsistent when it comes to the rewards as well. Am I just doing something wrong or is the database not quite feeling right at the moment?

3 minutes ago, Extant said:

Is it just me or are the recipe rewards in the Klei database incorrect? For example, their bread shows that it gives 6 old coins but I only ever get 5 coins from it during the 2nd meal. The bread is as fresh as it can be and I only serve it to The Gnaw when it asks for bread so I'm curious as to why there's a difference there.

It's not just that recipe, Their Cheesecake also shows that it gives a favor even without a plate but when I gave it to The Gnaw without it, I only got 1 red mark, 1 sapphire, and 8 old coins.

I'm sure that the other recipes would be inconsistent when it comes to the rewards as well. Am I just doing something wrong or is the database not quite feeling right at the moment?

Are your dishes starting to be spoiled?

2 minutes ago, orian34 said:

Are your dishes starting to be spoiled?

No, I never give The Gnaw stale or spoiled food. As far as I can compare my recipes to the database's, some of them are right and some are wrong. What makes me curious is the bread mostly because I always give it to The Gnaw as fresh as possible right from the Oven.

Perhaps the Gnaw gives extra rewards if it's the dish that it wants and not just if it's the right category? I'll have to observe and see the rewards if they change when it's exactly the dish it wants I guess.

19 minutes ago, orian34 said:

I know that giving certain dishes for certain categories changes their reward yield(like fist of jam for snack or dessert)

Oh, that's really interesting. I just tested that and found out. Normally I give The Gnaw potato soup for the vegetable requirement which gives me 8 coins but I just tried giving potato soup to it for the 1st snack requirement and it gave me 10 coins instead.

So not only do the rewards vary depending on whether you silver plate/silver bowl it, whether it's the correct category or not, whether it's fresh, stale, or spoiled, but also what category he is asking for when you give it to The Gnaw. That really makes finding the maximum value for each dish extremely difficult to find out...

Min-maxers would absolutely hate this feature.

On a side note, the game's recipe book apparently doesn't save recipes if you just discovered the recipe but disconnect from the game haha. That makes filling out the entire book for oneself a bit harder.

5b23dbdeb915f_SnacksPart01compressed.thumb.png.aac23886428ac9252378ca8b033965eb.png

I think I may have too much free time for making this sheet for the Limited Time Event that only last less than a month. 
So, what you guys think of the above? and yea, there's more coming. 

Yellow = Oven, Blue = CookPot, Red = Grill 
(S) = Small Cooking Stations
(L) = Large Cooking Stations

I will try to make the Offerings with icons if it does fit. Do tell if you have suggestions 

4 hours ago, orian34 said:

Just to remind folks that the final late game recipe is probably using beef meat. Crab has 3 recipes, milk has recipes in all stations, but beef meat only has recipes in oven and grill. Maybe some sort of hot pot or syrup meat recipe in the pot to be found

Yeah, you might be right! How about stone? The only stone that use is the Stone soup.
May seems funny with syrup, meat, and stone though, but this is DST, maybe there's a name reference. 

On 13/06/2018 at 2:23 AM, amethystMushroom said:

Potato, fish, and flour makes fish and chips, for 12 coins.

Also, I've been looking for a recipe list, but i think they are stored server-side and therefore uncrackable.

We can't get the fish and chips to work, what pot do you use?

Just now, thenumberf5ve said:

anyone tried either 1) 2 big meats 2 syrups in the cookpot OR 1 big meat 1 small meat 2 syrups OR 3 big meats 1 syrup to make HONEY HAM??

That's what I've been tryin, but didn't find people yet to test much...

10 minutes ago, thenumberf5ve said:

anyone tried either 1) 2 big meats 2 syrups in the cookpot OR 1 big meat 1 small meat 2 syrups OR 3 big meats 1 syrup to make HONEY HAM??

9 minutes ago, orian34 said:

That's what I've been tryin, but didn't find people yet to test much...

Someone test with fish about an hour ago, and got a new recipe: Candied Fish. (Oven)
I think someone might have tested with meat, but not enough/wrong recipe.

Archived