GORGE Help & Recipe Thread

Amiexa

24 minutes ago, Maximus_A_874 said:

That's great but there something I don't understand. What changes the salt do ? Doesn't give more coins when you give the Gnaw salted dishes??

It makes your food slightly less stale when used on cooked food. So if you make something and leave it lying around eventually it will rot, but if you salt it it will increases the time before it becomes goop.

2018-06-17_111628.thumb.png.46ec2a4b1af0c53164894ba2b51e9a92.png

Sorry it took me long time to do it, been busy with my Fam. 

Currently writing the recipe in text format at Pastebin , though it 100% works for screen resolution of : 1920 x  1080 mostly . 
Not sure how other resolution would look like, but mobile users won't get best result.
Print version also terrible since printer automatic set size and margins.
I made two columns so the page won't be too long. 

You guys mind checking the work in progress? Here's the link : https://pastebin.com/HWC8Ykiq / https://pastebin.com/raw/HWC8Ykiq

Maybe I need to write it more closer.

***update : Found the solution, seems to work with mobile via view with Desktop Site.
                   Able to print in A4 size perfectly if you click the print option. Will try to do pdf version. 

Testing column : https://pastebin.com/GeLVkN8h / https://pastebin.com/raw/GeLVkN8h

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|	aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa			|	aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa	|
|	aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa			|	aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa	|
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 hours ago, Amiexa said:

Yeah, it's far too much information for all the 70 Recipes. There's another huge community who collects it during the GORGE Beta, 
but stopped because the recipe book it out so everyone just depend on it and called it as "Luck" if you did get lower offerings. 

Also there's something to do with salt too. It increase the food quality, especially when it's about to spoil. Have you tried that? 
I haven't able to test myself for that, I'm far too busy at the moment to enjoy playing. :disturbed:

I may need evidence for this, though I'm just following all the drops from the Recipe Book.
Are you not sure the Silver Plate? Which Cravings did you gave? 

it was cheese and it was on a silver plate.

i think some of these are wrong, garlic bread doesn’t give 7 coins along with a red mark, fish and bagel didn’t give a favour when it was served. i followed this posted to my first win and every time grilled cheese only gives a red mark. unless freshness effects the rewards.

6 minutes ago, hhh2 said:

it was cheese and it was on a silver plate.

i think some of these are wrong, garlic bread doesn’t give 7 coins along with a red mark, fish and bagel didn’t give a favour when it was served. i followed this posted to my first win and every time grilled cheese only gives a red mark. unless freshness effects the rewards.

Freshness does affect the reward as well, but only if the food is normal, stale or spoiled. Just having a slightly less than fresh green food that isn't stale or spoiled won't change the coin reward.

What does change the reward, besides it being on a silver plate/bowl, is what craving you gave the dish on. Cheesecake is a good example of this. Even though cheesecake can be accepted as either a cheese or dessert dish, it will only give a favor on a dessert craving. Cheese craving will not grant a favor even if the cheesecake is on a silver plate.

Also, I want to add that bagel and fish does not give a favor for fish craving even on a silver plate. Creamy fish, however, does and is the only fish dish that grants a favor to my knowledge. Bagel and fish does give a favor when given as a snack craving. I think it should give a favor as a bread craving, too.

1 minute ago, hhh2 said:

hold that thought.

evedence.JPG

From what I'm seeing, you only offered the grilled cheese for bread and snack cravings. That means that it should give a favor if you give it on a cheese craving.

Do you have to be at a certain round for certain rewards?

The recipe for plated stuffed mushroom (29) says it gives 1 mark, 1 sapphire, and 2 gold, but when I gave it as a veggie craving, it only gives me back 1 mark and nothing else. I did this on round 2.

Capture 278.PNG

@hhh2 @Extant 

@Ressayez gave me this link : Gorge Recipe List .  Thank you Ress! :D
And if you guys scroll down, there are a lot more detailed and specific cravings that drops. So check them out. 
I will add the link on first post after I've done text version of recipe and when the list is done. 

** Note, the list is still work in progress, do help if you can so it complete sooner. :) 

On 6/16/2018 at 1:03 PM, farsightxr20 said:

Hi Amiexa, I think you originally used text for the recipes in this post but now it seems to be images... Is there any way you could change it back to text or possibly provide both? I can no longer search for certain ingredients/cravings with ctrl-F which makes it hard to use.

Anyway thanks for putting together this information!

@SovietPotato  The text version of the recipe is finished, you can check them out at the first page! :D 
Do tell if you have problems with it. 

Also, a user from Reddit, @xyrilyn , uploaded another amazing doc sheet, you can check them out here: 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11SOXlfDaolRxMVrv56rmt4_qB3V0bMKqA-mUzbH-Q6A/edit#gid=0

I will add the doc sheet link on the first post soon, need to go have my dinner. Thank you xyrilyn! 

Update: Please visit the first page 

- Fixing some spelling errors and moving contents. 
- Adding banners and icons for more organize look. 
- Added new content : 
  The Text Version Recipe - Image preview and new Mobile Friendly 
   New Recipe List from other Players
   Updated the Credit list 

Also I won't be online for about 2 days, I'm going for family vacation. But I do check this forums, but won't be editing the thread. 
Have fun everyone, I hope you like the new look to the thread and find the contents useful :D I'll will be back soon. 

12 hours ago, SkyCommision said:

Hey there my dudes,

I'm proud to say that Mumsy's Recipe Book, a project for the community by me and Gwacha, is now complete! We've done our best to make it as compact as possible, and useful in the heat of the moment. You can use it online, or, if you're tired of switching tabs all the time, we specifically made this so that you can print it yourself! If you notice any mistakes, have any questions, or want to suggest anything, you can notify me by posting here, DM'ing me or Gwacha through Discord (SkyCommision#3491 or gwacha.#6969), or putting a comment on the Google Doc.

Thanks for reading, and good luck! I hope this proves useful to you.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t-y5H3fOVSIMTMNw1Z2DUgY0BoK3FNzGArw__j6CCVE/edit?usp=sharing

Mumsy's Recipe Book - 1st Edition, For Public.docx <- Original document, probably much better-looking. Make sure you have Word 2016 installed.

Hello Sky, I added your forum to the first page of the thread and added your name into the credit section. :)  
Does your friend Gwacha have a Klei Forum account? 

2 hours ago, Amiexa said:

Update: Please visit the first page 

- Fixing some spelling errors and moving contents. 
- Adding banners and icons for more organize look. 
- Added new content : 
  The Text Version Recipe - Image preview and new Mobile Friendly 
   New Recipe List from other Players
   Updated the Credit list 

Also I won't be online for about 2 days, I'm going for family vacation. But I do check this forums, but won't be editing the thread. 
Have fun everyone, I hope you like the new look to the thread and find the contents useful :D I'll will be back soon. 

Hello Sky, I added your forum to the first page of the thread and added your name into the credit section. :)  
Does your friend Gwacha have a Klei Forum account? 

Amiexa, thanks a million for adding us to this thread!
Gwacha indeed does have a forum account.
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/profile/1107780-gwacha/

Can someone give me a list of what counts as filler in these recipes? I attempted to make crab ravioli in the large cookpot (crab meat, flour, goat milk, filler) using berries as the filler and the recipe failed, so I am a little confused!

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out! Whoops!

I'm back from vacation :D  

Also, check out this amazing The Gorge Recipe Filter (Browser Extension) below : 

Hopefully this could make through on the official recipe book. Please make it happen! :) 

----------------------
Also I will be updating some of the recipes (image version) soon; edit some mistake and name. 
There will be version 2 of the recipe image too since well.... I want the ingredient list into icons. 
(should've make it sooner, jajaja, I didn't thought of that). Though, I won't add offerings drop there.
So stay tuned!  

I've change my mind and planning not to make the second version. One thing is that the text version is more
convenient (I use that a lot more than the images) and the above forum already did a filtered recipe version
which is more useful since it took from the Official Recipe Book "directly". So then, case closed. :D 

On 6/18/2018 at 6:58 AM, SkyCommision said:

Amiexa, thanks a million for adding us to this thread!
Gwacha indeed does have a forum account.
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/profile/1107780-gwacha/

No problem :D I love to see and share people's contribution to this Gorge Event. 
I've just added You and Gwacha to the credit section too.  <3 

On 6/20/2018 at 4:43 AM, Zarklord said:

@Amiexa i made a 6 dish guide that you might want on this thread

Sorry for the late reply, got sudden fever but it's all good now.
Thank you so much for this! I've been reading your forum for awhile, will try it out today. :D 

Here's a mod-improved version of the in-game recipebook. Originally created by 不死总会出头, now in English.

It also includes a Salt Rack Timer, a Craving Display and a Round Counter. Newcomers might find it useful.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1417643981

It doesn't look pretty, but it works as advertised. It also has a side-effect of vanishing speech bubbles lol.

3 hours ago, xyrilyn said:

Here's a mod-improved version of the in-game recipebook. Originally created by 不死总会出头, now in English.

It also includes a Salt Rack Timer, a Craving Display and a Round Counter. Newcomers might find it useful.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1417643981

It doesn't look pretty, but it works as advertised. It also has a side-effect of vanishing speech bubbles lol.

I've tested the mod and Oh, this helps a lot! :D I hate waiting for the Cravings dialog. Thank you! 
Though, the salt Rack Timer didn't work. Do we have to enable it manually? 

1 hour ago, Amiexa said:

I've tested the mod and Oh, this helps a lot! :D I hate waiting for the Cravings dialog. Thank you! 
Though, the salt Rack Timer didn't work. Do we have to enable it manually? 

You need to hit F1 to start the timer. F2 stops it and resets it to 0.

When the timer hits 150, it will say: "Salt is ready to be harvested!"

After getting the salt, simply hit F1 to start it again.

23 hours ago, Amiexa said:

Sorry for the late reply, got sudden fever but it's all good now.
Thank you so much for this! I've been reading your forum for awhile, will try it out today. :D 

I'm sorry to hear that you got sick. I hope you're feeling better. I haven't visited this page in a long while as I've been busy working on my guide while experimenting with Zarklord's findings.

I can see that you've been hard at work as well and the thread is looking great! I love the graphical additions you've added. It really gives off a more polished feeling.

Thanks for all your hard work and effort, Amiexa and everyone else who contributed, too. I would never have progressed this quickly without the community as this particular topic was my go-to for knowledge during the BETA.

I'm not sure if my guide would ever have been created without it as I probably would've been left far behind in terms of progress. Thanks again and I hope everyone is having a great time with The Gorge!

Archived