GORGE Help & Recipe Thread

Amiexa

3 hours ago, orian34 said:

Considering the number of people testing recipes, it might be that the final ones use unusual combinations.... what if there was a fondue with milk*3 and a stick in the pot?

Yea, might be it since the recipes are all almost related. Like number 44 recipe is almost same as 45 and 46.
I won't test and look for the recipe today though, since I didn't sleep again, ahaaa. 

Btw, I've done the recipe compilation and Gnaw Cravings sets.
You can check them on the first post. I'm not sure if it does look okay, I tried to simplified them
as possible, but yea, 70 Recipes with soo much details and ingredients is really tiring :cower: 

Hi Amiexa, I think you originally used text for the recipes in this post but now it seems to be images... Is there any way you could change it back to text or possibly provide both? I can no longer search for certain ingredients/cravings with ctrl-F which makes it hard to use.

Anyway thanks for putting together this information!

1 hour ago, bubben16 said:

So i went to check that online recipe book and it seems the last food has been discovered

lastfood56.thumb.png.077ffd2a279253e56dc2672a68f2ce83.png

I'm pretty certain that's an actual name hahaa, remember seeing 'Someone has joined' on a server and being mildly japed.

17 minutes ago, Atkvin said:

I'm pretty certain that's an actual name hahaa, remember seeing 'Someone has joined' on a server and being mildly japed.

I thought it was their username at first too, but if you hover over it, it doesnt say something like "This recipe was originally discovered by Someone" like the others does, it says "This recipe was originally discovered by a nameless someone." namelesssomeone.png.44f9ff6e7feb3048f2d0da1565260e87.png

Could be that it just hasn't updated it fully yet or something.

On 13.06.2018 at 3:14 AM, Amiexa said:

There are 70 recipes available in the event, please do share yours and I will update them here. 
Also, do checkout the more detailed recipe list, create by DST Diverse Survivors Team.

Can you make this spreadsheet filter-able and update it with the top 5 ingr. combinations based off the official klei recipe book here?

9 hours ago, farsightxr20 said:

Hi Amiexa, I think you originally used text for the recipes in this post but now it seems to be images... Is there any way you could change it back to text or possibly provide both? I can no longer search for certain ingredients/cravings with ctrl-F which makes it hard to use.

Anyway thanks for putting together this information!

Oh! I didn't thought of that, alright then, I will make the text version for the recipe. Probably upload them at Pastebin so it's easier to find. 
Meanwhile, you can use this instead : DST Gorge Recipe . The doc was made by a Steam Group called Diverse Survivors. 
I will tag back to you when I've done my text version. 

3 hours ago, bubben16 said:

I thought it was their username at first too, but if you hover over it, it doesnt say something like "This recipe was originally discovered by Someone" like the others does, it says "This recipe was originally discovered by a nameless someone." namelesssomeone.png.44f9ff6e7feb3048f2d0da1565260e87.png

Could be that it just hasn't updated it fully yet or something.

It's either the Illuminati found them or the user happen to found the recipe when he/she lag so much, their server disconnected.
Since I heard when you disconnect during the game, what recipe you get from the server will be lost. Also check out the Leaderboard: 

Capture.JPG.faa6e38548a3c2401f22390f3f1b3e44.JPG 

Some said it's by hackers. But I won't be judgmental for this. I don't like the Leaderboard system much anyway.  :concern:

1 hour ago, Parusoid said:

Can you make this spreadsheet filter-able and update it with the top 5 ingr. combinations based off the official klei recipe book here?

The spreadsheet is not made by me, it's from a Steam Group Diverse Survivors, around 10 to 90 users editing the doc. 
They seems to stop editing the doc after the Klei recipe book release. 
And Admin seems to be busy at the moment too, hasn't respond my last chat. 

7 minutes ago, SkyToFly said:

I need the cost of each dish, depending on its type. Like Bread cost 5 old coins as Snack and 6 old coins as Bread

I've list the recipes depending it's type. But as far I know, there's seem not to be differences in coins as what you said. 
Only if you give the Gnaw Silver Plate rather the usual, then you will get Silver Plate Offerings. 
Do check out the list on my first post. :) 

Just now, Amiexa said:

Oh! I didn't thought of that, alright then, I will make the text version for the recipe. Probably upload them at Pastebin so it's easier to find. 
Meanwhile, you can use this instead : DST Gorge Recipe . The doc was made by a Steam Group called Diverse Survivors. 
I will tag back to you when I've done my text version. 

It's either the Illuminati found them or the user happen to found the recipe when he/she lag so much, their server disconnected.
Since I heard when you disconnect during the game, what recipe you get from the server will be lost. Also check out the Leaderboard: 

Capture.JPG.faa6e38548a3c2401f22390f3f1b3e44.JPG 

Some said it's by hackers. But I won't be judgmental for this. I don't like the Leaderboard system much anyway.  :concern:

The spreadsheet is not made by me, it's from a Steam Group Diverse Survivors, around 10 to 90 users editing the doc. 
They seems to stop editing the doc after the Klei recipe book release. 
And Admin seems to be busy at the moment too, hasn't respond my last chat. 

I've list the recipes depending it's type. But as far I know, there's seem not to be differences in coins as what you said. 
Only if you give the Gnaw Silver Plate rather the usual, then you will get Silver Plate Offerings. 
Do check out the list on my first post. :) 

It is far too much work to test each craving out to determine if the rewards are the same or lesser in the small span of time left for the event unless the community works together to figure it all out. Although I do have to point out that the differences can be major in the coin pay-out.

In one example, cheesecake gives 1 favor when given as a dessert even without a plate. However, from what I remember, I got no favors giving the cheesecake even plated to The Gnaw when it was for cheese.

11 minutes ago, Extant said:

It is far too much work to test each craving out to determine if the rewards are the same or lesser in the small span of time left for the event unless the community works together to figure it all out. Although I do have to point out that the differences can be major in the coin pay-out.

In one example, cheesecake gives 1 favor when given as a dessert even without a plate. However, from what I remember, I got no favors giving the cheesecake even plated to The Gnaw when it was for cheese.

Yeah, it's far too much information for all the 70 Recipes. There's another huge community who collects it during the GORGE Beta, 
but stopped because the recipe book it out so everyone just depend on it and called it as "Luck" if you did get lower offerings. 

Also there's something to do with salt too. It increase the food quality, especially when it's about to spoil. Have you tried that? 
I haven't able to test myself for that, I'm far too busy at the moment to enjoy playing. :disturbed:

4 minutes ago, hhh2 said:

grilled cheese with plate doesn’t give favour pls change immediately 

-love, me

I may need evidence for this, though I'm just following all the drops from the Recipe Book.
Are you not sure the Silver Plate? Which Cravings did you gave? 

11 minutes ago, DuelQ said:

Bagel'N fish dont give favor ( i tried and silver plated gived1 red mark and 7 coins )

It doesn't give a favor for fish craving. I tested this multiple times. Creamy fish however does so I'd recommend that (yes it has to be silver plated).

10 minutes ago, DuelQ said:

Bagel'N fish dont give favor ( i tried and silver plated gived1 red mark and 7 coins )

I'm afraid I can't guaranteed about the Favor Drops. I follow them on the official Recipe Book here. 
The Recipe was generated from the game server based on what players get. But as what @Extant said : 

2 minutes ago, Extant said:

It doesn't give a favor for fish craving. I tested this multiple times. Creamy fish however does so I'd recommend that (yes it has to be silver plated).

I assumed that there's something wrong with the recipe book database itself.
70 recipes is a lot, the programmer might have mistaken some of the codes. 
Or perhaps it took a lot more rounds to get them. 

9 minutes ago, Amiexa said:

I'm afraid I can't guaranteed about the Favor Drops. I follow them on the official Recipe Book here. 
The Recipe was generated from the game server based on what players get. But as what @Extant said : 

I assumed that there's something wrong with the recipe book database itself.
70 recipes is a lot, the programmer might have mistaken some of the codes. 
Or perhaps it took a lot more rounds to get them. 

The official Klei database is not incorrect. From what I've seen in the database thus far, the database recipe book works differently from our in-game one in that the rewards it saves are the best given at optimal cravings.

Our recipe book in-game will save the most recent reward we got for it. As long as the Klei database has a favor shown on it, there must be at least 1 craving in there that gives it under the circumstances.

6 minutes ago, Extant said:

The official Klei database is not incorrect. From what I've seen in the database thus far, the database recipe book works differently from our in-game one in that the rewards it saves are the best given at optimal cravings.

Our recipe book in-game will save the most recent reward we got for it. As long as the Klei database has a favor shown on it, there must be at least 1 craving in there that gives it under the circumstances.

Ohhh, now I understand. Man, I got soo much confused with everything now.
I've been focusing on replying forums and checking recipes ingredient, I didn't have time to test the possible drops. 

Thank you so much for the heads up! 

Just now, Amiexa said:

Ohhh, now I understand. Man, I got soo much confused with everything now.
I've been focusing on replying forums and checking recipes ingredient, I didn't have time to test the possible drops. 

Thank you so much for the heads up! 

No problem. I of all people can understand the struggle for time while working on a guide and trying to test things yourself. I began working on my solo guide since just before the BETA ended and only now have I just got the first, perfected, rough draft of it going.

I've barely leveled up at all since getting all those achievements for my first solo on the official launch haha. I'll do what I can to help with any information I find that answers peoples' questions should they ask.

9 minutes ago, Extant said:

No problem. I of all people can understand the struggle for time while working on a guide and trying to test things yourself. I began working on my solo guide since just before the BETA ended and only now have I just got the first, perfected, rough draft of it going.

I've barely leveled up at all since getting all those achievements for my first solo on the official launch haha. I'll do what I can to help with any information I find that answers peoples' questions should they ask.

Same here, I test out the Beta right after the Dev announce it and been hosting this forum ever since. 
During that time, nobody knows exactly how to play and not a single recipe, it was funny really.  
So I collected the recipe, with help from others here and other groups/communities. Do lots or trial and error in-game. 

My level are so low now after the official release. But oh welp. 
It's more rewarding to help than reaching the levels, top in leaderboard for me anyway. 
Sure, it's a headache but as long it others can make use the guide and have fun, I'm happy. :) 

Archived