[Game Update] - 272331

16 minutes ago, malloc said:

I'm getting repeated crashes to desktop with this update, no errors/blackhole.  New map around cycle 115-120.  Any way to upload a 'bug report'/log file of some kind that would help identify the cause?

I did recently get a message in game of a wall tile that is entombed within a couple of cycles of the first crash.  Clicking it takes me near the top of the map in an unexplored region.  Possibly related?

Files attached.  Thanks @Kabrute

I restarted the game after the crash so not sure if this output_log will still have what's needed, but I'll upload again post-crash if it happens again.  Three crashes in since cycle 116.

It did crash again within the first cycle, no change on the output_log file, has the timestamp from the previous startup which is the below file.

output_log.txt

The Data Moonbase Cycle 120.sav

I had a theory as three of the four previous crashes I was looking at the extreme left or right of the map when it crashed; fourth unknown as it was this morning so I stared at the CO2 filling the new farm mid-map and it crashed again.  New log file attached, has some new messages about Rowan and a missing exosuit.  Still was on the above save in the first cycle after restart.

output_log.txt

Edited by malloc
  • Thanks 1

Ahhh very interesting I guess that's what caused the recent wall entombment!  Early in the game I Alt-S zoomed out to look at the overview of what I had explored so far and saw a meteor impact/explosion in clear view at the top of the map.  I thought the meteors were not supposed to come in until you get the top of the map exposed.

The precise times of the crashes are inconsistent.  Twice on cycle 116 and twice in the above so far but not at the same point in time.  Random based on the meteor impacting something it can't handle?

25 minutes ago, Denisetwin said:

maybe I'm misunderstanding something @Grimgaw, are you saying in the new branch Sage Hatches will be able to eat Phosphorite?  

Nope, he's saying that Phosphorite (ingredient for fertilizer) is now renewable by feeding normal Dreckos with Balm Lillies. 

• Thanks 1

Guys upload your dump files from:

~steamlibrary/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded

This is mine:

I was trying to make a small natural gas generator using debug + sandbox then it happened.

SimDLL_CRASH_preview_272331_20180611-17.47.06.dmp

Unfortunately I don't have visual studio, if anybody has the tools please analyze it, where and why does it cause an access violation?

Edited by Arash70
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arash70 said:

Guys upload your dump files from:

~steamlibrary/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded

5 crash dumps attached, all related to the save I posted earlier tonight.  The problem is definitely semi-random.  I've made it another five cycles (so far) without further incident.

Thanks @Arash70

SimDLL_CRASH_preview_272331_20180611-08.14.48.zip

Edited by malloc
  • Like 2

Nice nerf to Ngas power plant, I always though that they were overpower, causing no need to look for other power source supply. Game is pretty better and funny now.

Edited by Mooka