[Game Update] - 272331

I guess I'm glad I never got around to the fertilizer/NGG loop stuff.  I'm nearing cycle 500 on my current MKII ranch play through and coal is still my only power source.

Edited by Albryant
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

I'm sorry but going from 3 synth units  (360 watts) to 9 units (1080 watts) for a single 800 watt generator is not an example of proper balancing. 

Totally legit. But to be fair. Fertilizer synthesizer is now a fertilizer maker like purposed by name not a methane producer to power generators

Edited by Yoma_Nosme
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Soulwind said:

I'm sorry but going from 3 synth units  (360 watts) to 9 units (1080 watts) for a single 800 watt generator is not an example of proper balancing. 

The question would be: What do you want to balance ?

(I don´t think the fertilizer loop (fert synth + nat gas gen) should exist as a way to produce power.)

Happy with the bold move to wreck the rediculous synthesizer power plants. However, do know that natural gas geysers are way too underpowered, and not everybody gets to cooking oil unless they have advanced far into the game.

12 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

The question would be: What do you want to balance ?

(I don´t think the fertilizer loop (fert synth + nat gas gen) should exist as a way to produce power.)

Then Ngas geysers need to be buffed as now it's almost impossible to have a decent natural gas powerplant unless you start turning oil into ngas. 
Haven't really tested that though. So maybe it is pretty good but synths were the better way to go

1 hour ago, Grimgaw said:

Read the patch notes again. Compost makes dirt now instead of fertilizer. Why would you think dirt is anymore limited then it was patch ago?

Because you need to feed something to the composter to make that dirt.  You need dirt for fertilzer maker and for the wheat so large dirt demand for farming berries/wheat.

• Developer
1 hour ago, R9MX4 said:

I find some change about meteor rain.

The Break of Meteor Season is longer than before, and the Meteor Shower of Meteor Season is shorter.

But what make me curious is the time interval between two meteor appearing. The meteor system refresh every 4 seconds. So even though the intended time interval is less than 4 seconds, the true time interval is still the multiple of 4 seconds.

Whoops, missed that one. Yes, as a further part of the solar panel tuning, the meteor shower is now intended to be more intense and for a shorter portion of the season. I'll add the patch note and also add the bug to the list. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TheExceed said:

Then Ngas geysers need to be buffed as now it's almost impossible to have a decent natural gas powerplant unless you start turning oil into ngas. 

Or you make use of several sources of power, store the nat gas and when you have enough burn it, rinse repeat. Its not like Natural gas is the only power supply and you shouldn't really have a one stop shop thing. There are several sources of power in the game, and your still jumping to only natural gas. 

• Hydrogen
  • Coal
  • Petroleum
  • Solar
  • Steam
  • Dupe
  • Nat Gas

Sure some of the low end geysers could use adjusting, but Natural gas is not the only power supply out there

Edited by BlueLance
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, caffeinated21 said:

I guess this means never going from outhouses to lavatories...

R9MX4: how can you create infinite power with the steam turbine? Don't they take a heat source (and are limited by it's heat output?)

You can use seeds for compost now, so i don't think so

24 minutes ago, neoazureus said:

New POI in Space Biome. I didn't see it in patch notes.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.75cb3f55af4f997a5052ceb2da6e697c.png

that's a huge one, and you can actually use it since it made of undestructable blocks

8 minutes ago, Man in the Mist said:

So, has anyone looked at the solar panels to see how much they can produce?

I believe that Fertilizer Synthesizers were in need of a nerf since many people seemed to use them solely to power Natural Gas Generators instead of actually making fertilizer.  That said, I'm concerned about the specific changes in this patch.  They didn't just nerf the Synthesizer, they turned an entire production chain on its head and shook up agriculture in the process.  I'll withhold actual comments on the specifics until I get a chance to look at the changes in-game, but I am concerned that this might have been a bit heavy-handed.

That said, I think at the very least Natural Gas Vents/Geysers might need a bit of a buff now.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, goboking said:

I believe that Fertilizer Synthesizers were in need of a nerf since many people seemed to use them solely to power Natural Gas Generators instead of actually making fertilizer.  That said, I'm concerned about the specific changes in this patch.  They didn't just nerf the Synthesizer, they turned an entire production chain on its head and shook up agriculture in the process.  I'll withhold actual comments on the specifics until I get a chance to look at the changes in-game, but I am concerned that this might have been a bit heavy-handed.

That said, I think at the very least Natural Gas Vents/Geysers might need a bit of a buff now.

I second that. Btw, do synthesizers now need dirt?!?

5 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

Yes, and Phosphorite. Read top of the page, pics were posted

Darn, I misssed that. Sorry. I do dislike the additional need for phosporite.

Edited by Guest

I checked my current game and had 112t of dirt so I guess sieves do make enough.  Phosphoite was 30t so I am more worried about that.  Also, you pretty much have to automate the fertilizer as it requires delivery of two things.

I see the new nat gas amount from fertilizers more an annoyance; like CO2 from polymer press.  You have to deal with it but it really provide no benefit.

I migght actually use the power station buff tinker thing for my H2 gens now....

I agree with others.  Nice to fix fertilzers but unintended consequences may hurt farming too much,

Edited by chemie