[Game Update] - 272331

Just now, Grimgaw said:

Last time I checked Oil well and Oil Refinery also output NG.

it still makes NGG lategame. i'm not playing with debug and usually i come down for oil on cycle ~200 or even more

2 minutes ago, chemie said:

So again, why do you need so much PW?

i'm trying to find an option for my base of being as low power as possible. converting PW to clean water via sieve is better for me than doing all aquatuner stuff. i did it multiple times but now want to try smth different :) so basically that's why 1.6 kg/sec of PW - this is my clean water consumption

Edited by Khullag

51 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Fertilizer maker is no longer a methane power producer, now it's a fertilizer producer with a specialized recipe

omg.... at least could improve geiser ... and give a super buff in some useless "Co2, Hot steam, Hydrogen...."

• Like 4

Just now, Khullag said:

i'm not playing with debug and usually i come down for oil on cycle ~200 or even more

You know, with all these changes you might want to change your ways... The Oil biome is literally one screen down from starting biome. 

2 minutes ago, Khullag said:

i'm trying to find an option for my base of being as low power as possible. converting PW to clean water via sieve is better for me than doing all aquatuner stuff. i did it multiple times but now want to try smth different :) so basically that's why 1.6 kg/sec of PW - this is my clean water consumption

Then get ready to pump lots of pools from slime biomes if no PW geyers

3 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

You know, with all these changes you might want to change your ways... The Oil biome is literally one screen down from starting biome. 

Yup.  Straight to oil now instead of making fertilizer maker power plant

2 minutes ago, chemie said:

Then get ready to pump lots of pools from slime biomes if no PW geyers

that's exactly what i did while waiting for water geyser to come out from dormant :D more than 60 cycles of dormant for both water geysers....

regarding all those changes... is base going from sustainable to very hard to non-sustainable?

Devs, would you please stop balancing stuff and fix stuff instead? Add normal queue to producers? Add material selection to buildings with recipes(like power tuner one)? Whats the point of balancing BROKEN stuff?

• Like 1

Overall this seems like a step in the right direction, but here are some concerns I have:
The changes related to dirt could give outhouses and mealwood a buff and sleet wheat a nerf that they don't need.
Natural gas geysers might be too weak atm, I was under the impression that the nerfs to the generator were done to nerf using fertilizer synthesizers, if that was the case they should probably be reverted.

• Like 2

Just now, Khullag said:

that's exactly what i did while waiting for water geyser to come out from dormant :D more than 60 cycles of dormant for both water geysers....

On maps with bad steam geysers and no PW geyser, I have had to rely on slime biome PW pools to supplement.  Not sustainable but will go a few thousand cycles 

Just now, Michi01 said:

Overall this seems like a step in the right direction, but here are some concerns I have:
The changes related to dirt could give outhouses and mealwood a buff and sleet wheat a nerf that they don't need.
Natural gas geysers might be too weak atm, I was under the impression that the nerfs to the generator were done to nerf using fertilizer synthesizers, if that was the case they should probably be reverted.

I am wondering if dirt becomes a limiting factor to farming?  Maybe they want to force ranching over farming?

7 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

do you think there is any difficult to build it in survive mode?

I do, every time I tried to make a steam turbine working I ended up with a mess.

I very much so like to see building it in practice.

The Diseased Supernova (BACKUP).sav

Here try to make it work in this save if you like, there's a volcano nearby.

Edited by Arash70

27 minutes ago, Khullag said:

water sieve still is hardcoded to sand, so you can't just use regolith from space biom, first you need to melt it.

I test it while it said sand, it worked with regolith for me

10 minutes ago, vovik said:

regarding all those changes... is base going from sustainable to very hard to non-sustainable?

Devs, would you please stop balancing stuff and fix stuff instead? Add normal queue to producers? Add material selection to buildings with recipes(like power tuner one)? Whats the point of balancing BROKEN stuff?

I am confused, you want them to fix stuff, then list a bunch of stuff that isn't broke, then at the end say why balance broken things.... well you just asked them to fix things.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

It looks like Drecko ranching is now mandatory for sustainable farming with farm stations. Phosphorite is now required to make fertilizer. On the flip side, much less overall water drain from making fertilizer, putting water sieves in the spotlight again.

9 minutes ago, chemie said:

I am wondering if dirt becomes a limiting factor to farming?

Read the patch notes again. Compost makes dirt now instead of fertilizer. Why would you think dirt is anymore limited then it was patch ago?

I find some change about meteor rain.

The Break of Meteor Season is longer than before, and the Meteor Shower of Meteor Season is shorter.

But what make me curious is the time interval between two meteor appearing. The meteor system refresh every 4 seconds. So even though the intended time interval is less than 4 seconds, the true time interval is still the multiple of 4 seconds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Developer
37 minutes ago, Cheerio said:
  • Meteor detector sound effects.

Hey gang, I'm interested in feedback on how these feel while you're playing!

Please lemme know how the surface is feeling for y'all :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

Read the patch notes again. Compost makes dirt now instead of fertilizer. Why would you think dirt is anymore limited then it was patch ago?

Someone said fertilizers now need dirt.  Plus my comment about non micromanagement ways to make compost.