Drawings and Drivel

25 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Woodie's "beaverness meter" is basically tracking how much his teeth are growing, and he has to gnaw to wear them down as any rodent would. 

That's a really neat theory, actually, I like that. I've never seen any explanation for it before, but it certainly makes sense. 

26 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Dang, his teeth must be razor-sharp. Hope the guy doesn't accidentally bite his tongue.

Anyway, that sounds like a good job you have, for knowledge makes better art.

Yes, they would be. And- Beaver teeth are orange because of the high iron content. But the strange color makes them look dirty... Maybe, when Woodie's teeth look a little dirty, it's not bad hygiene, it's iron-infused-incisors. 
If you ever look up pictures of beavers for reference and find startlingly orange teeth, it's the iron. But it's only on the front layer, if you find a side-view of a beaver skull, you can see the sharpening mechanism and also the lessening orange in the teeth that was mentioned.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

Maybe, when Woodie's teeth look a little dirty, it's not bad hygiene, it's iron-infused-incisors.

They'd basically be the same colour as his beard! Maybe that's why it looks like he only has about three or four. Camouflage.

I wondered about the orange teeth--of course, I thought it was dirt, but when an animal is literally filing its teeth down all the time, surely the colour wouldn't be so intense. But it's iron. Iron turns things orange.

Beaver facts are always welcome! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

They'd basically be the same colour as his beard! Maybe that's why it looks like he only has about three or four. Camouflage

Camoflage! I never thought about that, that's pretty funny. 

Usually beavers have just those two front teeth and then the rest are molars, I always figured most of his human front teeth weren't able to keep up with the shape-shifting or something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Don't forget to post your Beager stuff here so it can be featured on next week's stream.:wilson_smile:

I wanted to draw a GrossGlobe for Jesse. He seemed really proud of them. So I gotta do that first, so I can upload them together. Thanks for the reminder, though.

• Thanks 1

YOOOOOO it's finally done!

I can't say I'm super happy with how everyone turned out-- I took far too long with this project, and started to get a bit bored towards the end. Overall, though, I guess I like it.

dsmetal.png

Are you guys looking forward to the "Hamlet" album in December?

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Wes is to good for us.

Wes will be coming in Part Two, which will probably exist. Maybe. 

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

I bet Lucy is plum happy to be strummed by her lover.

Er, uh, yeah. Absolutely.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

YOOOOOO it's finally done!

I can't say I'm super happy with how everyone turned out-- I took far too long with this project, and started to get a bit bored towards the end. Overall, though, I guess I like it.

dsmetal.png

Are you guys looking forward to the "Hamlet" album in December?

Will there be metal skins for Wendy and Winona?

1 hour ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Wait... so that isn't Wes? I was just remarking on his stance, I am so confused.

I see what you mean, Milk. By the time I got to Winona, I was getting a bit burnt out, and she's definitely not the strongest character there. She sort of has Wes-hair, so I understand your confusion.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vixenine said:

Will there be metal skins for Wendy and Winona?

Winona is to the left. She was mainly the result of me being like "I'm going to finish this today no matter what." She's not looking to good, or too metal.

Wendy is scheduled for Part Two, which may or may not be metal themed.

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I just thought you were referencing her survivor skin to be honest.

That's where the design came from, mostly. It's arguably a bit Wes-like, though.

Edited by ResettePlayer
my own stupidity
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

Pugna, Skin Trader, Billiam, and Pig King might be fun to add on the second set(if you're not going to do the shipwrecked dlc).

I did fully intend to do the Shipwrecked guys, because that brings up the next set to eight characters, evening things out. I'll keep those other peeps in mind too, perhaps for a part three.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, rubiidiums said:

i really love the inking, and how you draw them realistically,,,keepitup

Thanks so much for the support! I'm glad you like what you see.

44 minutes ago, Raspberry Milk said:

We all know what is has to be

Oh... oh God....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/14/2018 at 3:42 PM, ResettePlayer said:

dsmetal.png

I think you did Winona well, and I'm still impressed by WX. I think he's my favorite.

I see what you did with Lucy there. That's kind of funny.
Wolfgang looks really good too.

It's alright to be bored on something sometimes, I'd say? It's not like metal skins are the most relevant to these characters after all, and this looks good already.

Wigfrid's wild hair and facepaint seems very fitting to her.  It's interesting to see you draw her too, or any of them not drawn before by you. (Winona, Wig, Wx.) 

• Like 1