[Game Update] - 270528

Just now, watermelen671 said:

What would've happened if you weaved it before they updated it? :wilson_curious:

You couldn't have woven them, "only items from an active event can be woven" and this event wasn't (and isn't) active yet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, JellyUltra said:

In case anyone's still doubting the event being released today, DST will be free this weekend, starting some time today.

Thanks a lot, it's always good if someone can share secret knowledge with us!

Edit: wow, this free weekend is actually a thing. I thought you were joking... since you posted an archive site (which's date I didn't check) and I didn't find it on steam yet (now I can, I guess it just launched) I sincerely thougth you're making a joke. Sorry for my sarcasm!

Tho now that I think about it, my original post can still make sense...

Edited by fimmatek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hooray they finally made skins for the icebox! (And a skin for the crockpot that's buyable in the store!) And that walking cane skin is amazing, I hope they lazy explorer one is still a work in progress and ends up more like the cane. Eagerly awaiting the live stream today.

Edited by Squats

Putting these in spoilers because Instant-Noodles did as well, but 

Spoiler
12 hours ago, Instant-Noodles said:

winona_cook = "\"Let ol'Winnie fix ya up somethin' special.\"",

Winnie?... 

12 hours ago, Instant-Noodles said:

emoji_trophy.png.b7b47acd027f67e0227c3a1b37ca2d3f.png

It looks like we'll get an accomplishrine emoticon as well? Even tho it isn't even in the game, just in PS4's DS (afaik)?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Squats said:

Hooray they finally made skins for the crockpot and icebox! And that walking cane skin is amazing, I hope they lazy explorer one is still a work in progress and ends up more like the cane. Eagerly awaiting the live stream today.

i think they won't change ugly orange gem on any of LE skins

• Like 1

• Developer
14 hours ago, rezecib said:

Sorry to cause problems with that, I've removed the code that was referring to the old optionsscreen so it should be much safer to remove now (obviously will still crash for anyone stuck on older versions of the mod, but nothing to be done about that).

No worries, we've added that file back in, in the mean time! Thanks for updating the mod. We may remove the old screen file if I can verify that the bulk of other big mods aren't using it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Needless to say, I think this could be very well our last chance to snatch those Verdant and Heart skins that have been gathering dust in the shop for months, provided we haven't been bored with those already.

Edited by Commissar Oscar
That verbal tic of mine has no reason to be there.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Random thoughts:

1.  Of COURSE I'm so late to the party that I don't even notice this thread until long after the leak has been "plugged"

2.  MADSCIENTISTWILSONISAMAZINGANDSHOULD'VEBEENHEREFROMTHEBEGINNING omg.  Also PHLOGISTON 4 LYFE*.

3.  In other completely awesome and completely obvious news, Wendy seems to have finally fully embraced her Elegant Gothic Lolita...side?  (Which is all of her side, let's be honest.)  Even more literal here since, hey, the head skins are in the category called _elegant_...  ;)

4.  WEBBER IS A PRECIOUS LITTLE GIRL.  XD  Then again, he's got a tendency to look adorable in frocks and curls already, so...  (And for all we know the spider part is a girl spider.  Perhaps the pronoun "they" would work best for Webber in BOTH senses.)

5.  The Jules-Vernian diving suit is amazing (especially to someone who's just been playing "80 Days" lately, lol) but why is the ROBOT the one who's going DIVING?  Anyone else see an inherent problem with this?  XD

6.  Willow's outfit is the Little Match Girl...that makes sense in more than one way (and reminds me of that really, really depressing story, thanks Klei) but I'm also looking at the details of her outfit--what with the poncho-like cut and fringe, is she supposed to look vaguely Native American?

7.  Winona talks about "honest" work...funny for someone who looks like she's about to rob my train.  : P

8.  Maxwell's Victorian look is TOTALLY a character, it's definitely SOMEONE, I just can't quite think who.  And it's bugging me.  I keep thinking some famous anime/video game character, but I dunno...

9. Last but not least, Don't Starve has ALWAYS been Lovecraftian Horror-flavoured.  Bwahaha.  (After all, my nickname for it as "H.P. Lovecraft's 'Harvest Moon'" doesn't come from nowhere...and then there's Them, and the idea of things so evil they drive you insane just from being near them, and creatures sleeping in long-forgotten depths, and...)

...Notorious

*I should explain:  First of all, "phlogiston" is what old-timey...scientists? ("natural philosophers") thought was the substance that flammable substances have in them and release when burned.  Long ago, Jick, the creator of "Kingdom of Loathing" (if you know of WEST of Loathing, that's the same universe) just read about that and thought it was funny, said in his podcast that he wanted a "PHOLOGISTON FOR LIFE" t-shirt.  Is it weird that I'd wear that?  Probably.

So mad-scientist Wilson = phlogiston because my brain is weird.  :)

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

6.  Willow's outfit is the Little Match Girl...that makes sense in more than one way (and reminds me of that really, really depressing story, thanks Klei) but I'm also looking at the details of her outfit--what with the poncho-like cut and fringe, is she supposed to look vaguely Native American?

It's her cutest skin yet!

Hmm..I'd have to look at all her other ones to fully decide, but it _is_ pretty adorable.  I'm also rather fond of her Shadow outfit though, but that could be 'cos it's one of the few Elegant character-head skins I actually own.  : P

(or it could be that the Triumphant skins are badass and cool in general, whichever)

...Notorious

• Like 1