[Game Update] - 270528

I certainly hope the actual event itself is coming soon, these skins look delightful and what little information the items give has me excited. 

Apparently we're fighting some force called "The Gnaw" this time, and if those icons are any indication there's a lot of event food. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Clwnbaby said:

I cant use mods anymore :(  what did you do Klei

Geometric placement and other mods that used the 'screens/options' or 'screens/*' thing may have had their files moved into 'screens/redux/options' or 'screens/redux/*'.

1 minute ago, CarlZalph said:

Geometric placement and other mods that used the 'screens/options' or 'screens/*' thing may have had their files moved into 'screens/redux/options' or 'screens/redux/*'.

Meaning what?  putting up random file paths tells me nothing.  Im stupid and talk to me as such

Just now, Thalkas said:

No lies :p because in the game files there are actually skin portraits, event icon with name + new avatars!

what i mean was this post clearly dosent inform us there was suddenly a maybe hamlet related event

1 minute ago, Clwnbaby said:

Meaning what?  putting up random file paths tells me nothing.  Im stupid and talk to me as such

The mods have hardcoded file paths, but Klei had moved some of their existing files into this redux folder and the originals no longer exist where the mod is looking for.

Thus, the mods that use them cause the game to error out.

If you use any mod that edits these things, then they will cause the client to error.

Geometric placement, auto login, and probably more.

• Sad 1

Just now, Mr. Matt said:

what i mean was this post clearly dosent inform us there was suddenly a maybe hamlet related event

Oh, conceived truth. However, the name of event - quagmire doesn't match the "elegance" of the skins

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Clwnbaby said:

Just let the mod author know of the issue and wait for them to update their mod.

From their description it looks like the game is looking for files but it cannot find them as the location the files are stored in has changed. Its kinda like a GPS where it gives you directions to a location that must be followed. If you don't follow the directions then you won't get to the place you wish to go and end up somewhere completely irrelevant. In the case of DST the game just crashes because the code, like a GPS, gives the location of the files to use. Since the game can't find the files it just crashes.

You could always try moving the files to the new location if you are feeling adventurous and can't wait for the mod author to fix the issue but its probably best to just wait for the mod to update.