ubuntu dedicated server Stopped working and wont run anymore (Invalid token?)

Hi

I have only the basic knowledge about Ubuntu and i used your step by step guide to setup a server for me and my friends, i worked  perfectly for about 4 days (3-7 players , 5 mods) then it suddenly stopped working and won't run anymore, it time outs first then the error says your token is wrong! but how could that be, this token was okay for the past few days!!?, then as the error suggested i used game client and generated a new token but the results were the same, i didn't really changed anything in the server so i have no idea what caused it, could it be other admin in-game commands?

i attached the files, if any more info is needed,tell me ill provide them asap, token2 is my previous token btw

cluster_token.txt

cluster_token2.txt

server_log.txt

Make sure you are using the correct path for launching your server, since according to the log the token wasn't found at all, and it didn't load any mods (despite you already providing us with the information that you are running 5 mods). So it probably tries to launch the server with a different save location.

I assume you copied over the entire token file, instead of the contents, since it worked before, so that should be good.

If you don't find the issue with this information, you might also want to add your startup script, so we can see if there are any issues in there.

@Daniel86268

Thanks for your reply and sorry for being late :)

I used THIS guide to setup my server (server start script attached), as for modes not loading its because i added "validate" option to start server script (line 29) it validates and override files it seems, i added again to checks the files, also to disable modes (also overrides mod settings) so i can know if they are causing the problem.

I have also attached a visual view of my server pathing

run_dedicated_servers.sh

Captudssre.PNG

Hm, I can't find any issues so far, the script doesn't have any obvious errors. Can you try launching your Master server alone using the command:

cd /home/majidi/dontstarvetogether_dedicated_server/bin
./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Master

and add the log?

This is what I'm using to launch my servers, and it results in a single log file, instead of a combined one, which might be a bit more informative. Also this might avoid any race conditions or other issues that might result from launching both server at the same time.

1 hour ago, Daniel86268 said:

Can you try launching your Master server alone using the command:

cd /home/majidi/dontstarvetogether_dedicated_server/bin
./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Master

and add the log?

Done!

here is the log

server_log.txt

My server ISP could be blocking it maybe because i know they changed their policy and filtered many ip's, i dont know how can i check this?

I've checked the log, and what I noticed (and for some reason didn't see in the first log), that indeed the DST server can't resolve "metric.kleientertainment.com" and "login.kleientertainment.com".

[00:00:07]: CURL ERROR: (metric.kleientertainment.com) Resolving timed out after 5000 milliseconds
[00:01:04]: CURL ERROR: (login.kleientertainment.com) Operation timed out after 0 milliseconds with 0 out of 0 bytes received

So it might indeed be the case that your ISP is blocking it, or at least not resolving those domain names.

You can try doing a ping against those adresses like this

image.png.22eaa7fec1c0cc761106327455cd9f5e.png

(The server doesn't answer to the ping, but it can be solved, which according to your server log doesn't work on your DST server.)

If that indeed is the case, and the ping command returns "could not resolve host" you can try changing your DNS to another one (For example google DNS (8.8.8.8; 8.8.4.4) or 1.1.1.1, which claims to be the fastest DNS with privacy (1.1.1.1; 1.0.0.1)) and see if that works out.

Archived