Duplicant Checkpoint Vacuum Chamber

let me see if I can understand your circuit:

when there is air in the vacuum chamber the checkpoints are closed but won't open unless a dupe is idle on the pressure plates, then after they walk though them they get stuck on the next checkpoint until the chamber becomes a vacuum again

What is the purpose?  Slow down dupe moment and increase dupe travel time? 

4 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

let me see if I can understand your circuit:

when there is air in the vacuum chamber the checkpoints are closed but won't open unless a dupe is idle on the pressure plates, then after they walk though them they get stuck on the next checkpoint until the chamber becomes a vacuum again

What is the purpose?  Slow down dupe moment and increase dupe travel time? 

They won't get stuck anywhere in this build

Dupes can't go in, but can get out at any point in this

A dupe waits, chamber clears out, dupe goes in and out of it, then comes back, waits, chamber clears out again, dupe goes in and comes out again.

Checkpoints do not prevent dupes from going out

3 minutes ago, Arash70 said:

A dupe waits, chamber clears out, dupe goes in and out of it, then comes back, waits, chamber clears out again, dupe goes in and comes out again.

ok I'm just trying to understand why 

19 minutes ago, Arash70 said:

It's an unknown asteroid duh, we're suppose to have vacuum chambers in space

but your vacuum chamber only empties when a dupe tries to get in, wouldn't it make more sense for it to empty when a dupe leaves? 

BTW you did not answer my question

11 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

but your vacuum chamber only empties when a dupe tries to get in, wouldn't it make more sense for it to empty when a dupe leaves? 

Hmm, thats also possible

20180510221028_1.thumb.jpg.1eaeb5e340170ec0ebbde92012889230.jpg

But no, this is why that wouldnt work

Poor thing almost suffocated to death

On why should it be:

It can be a cool alternative to waterlocks 

8 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

your first picture was fine, just flip the checkpoints around

hmm, 

first scenario: dupe waits, room clears, dupe goes inside the chamber (+ little gas transfer), dupe comes out small gas packets stay inside, dupe comes back, chamber clears, same thing repeats

second scenario: dupe goes in, there is gas in the chamber, it transfers, dupe comes out, waits behind checkpoint, chamber clears, then we get something like first scenario (dupe in -> little gas transfer -> dupe out -> dupe waits in checkpoint -> chamber clears -> cycle repeats)

these are not much different I think

1 minute ago, Arash70 said:

hmm, 

first scenario: dupe waits, room clears, dupe goes inside the chamber (+ little gas transfer), dupe comes out small gas packets stay inside, dupe comes back, chamber clears, same thing repeats

second scenario: dupe goes in, there is gas in the chamber, it transfers, dupe comes out, waits behind checkpoint, chamber clears, then we get something like first scenario (dupe in -> little gas transfer -> dupe out -> dupe waits in checkpoint -> chamber clears -> cycle repeats)

Well maybe it would help if we knew what you plan to use the vacuum chamber for.  I asked earlier but your response was too vague 

1 minute ago, Neotuck said:

Well maybe it would help if we knew what you plan to use the vacuum chamber for.  I asked earlier but your response was too vague 

Block gas transfer between 2 different areas just like a water lock

If you have enough power, not overpressured zones on both sides, enough volume where you can pump gas from vacuum chamber and you have big traffic- it is cool.
(I used it at carbon mushroom farm at automation update, but without any automation because dupes may die waiting)

In most of the cases watelock or 3 vacuum doors is better.

38 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Wow, someone is seriously into what use it is....

It's a game nothing has any use.

I think devs should make a vacuum chamber structure instead of duplicant checkpoint

manual/automatic airlocks are flawed, water lock stresses the dupes out, and my build is so slow

it can be something like:

240w power use each time a duplicant passes

gas output or gas deletion

6x6 or 4x4 size

0 gas transfer between 2 areas

dupe waits a millisecond -> tiles inside chamber turn into vacuum -> dupe goes in -> waits a millisecond -> tiles inside turn into vacuum -> dupe goes out -> tiles inside turn into vacuum again

only 1 dupe can get in at a time

man, just use 3 airlock decision with buffer and button to close and open middle door. after closing up middle door any gas between doors dissapears. After opening it — vacuum creates. Wait for a moment for a screenshot.

3 minutes ago, CDoroFF said:

man, just use 3 airlock decision with buffer and button to close and open middle door. after closing up middle door any gas between doors dissapears. After opening it — vacuum creates. Wait for a moment for a screenshot.

20180216085557_1.jpg.000d0a5de25c852066e78d345baabd21.jpg

while this works to maintain a temperature difference between two rooms this doesn't pervert gas from mixing.  a small bit of gas can slip though every time a dupe runs though it

Just now, 0xFADE said:

Can you use suits on either side with a water lock in the middle?  They would get in the suit, go through and take the suit off on the other side.

an interesting idea but I don't think 2 exo docks can share one suit

For a non-gas-deleting airlock that prevents any transfer you need to do an actual airlock.  Start with vacuum,  dupe enters bringing in gas from one side, pump runs pushing gas back out that side, once back to vacuum then other door opens and dupe leaves, pump activates again but pushing in the opposite direction to move that gas back out.  Etc.  It works but is rather slow and in hostile areas can result in dead dupes

9 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

20180216085557_1.jpg.000d0a5de25c852066e78d345baabd21.jpg

while this works to maintain a temperature difference between two rooms this doesn't pervert gas from mixing.  a small bit of gas can slip though every time a dupe runs though it

Topical decision is not perfect too. To protect from gas mixing waterlock is the best. For insulation — 3 doors vacuum lock.

btw, imho, combination of waterlock and 3 doors vaccum is simplier 2 build, still requires no power and has similar size. 

Archived