Breeding programs take too long

2% Chance to get plastic drecko egg? 2% To get slickster egg?

It usually takes ages to to get required eggs and massive overcrowding.

I feel exactly like after geyser update, where they were dormant for 100-200 cycles and then devs have to adjust it for a more reasonable values.

Right now, breeding is a chore on a level of "put dozens of critters here and see it in a dozen of cycles to figure if by some chance you are lucky to get that near-zero chance"

Also a question- if you reload when critter is about to lay egg, does that affect chance? So can you savescum an egg? Because now it is the most reasonable option.

2 minutes ago, Technoincubus said:

2% Chance to get plastic drecko egg? 2% To get slickster egg?

It usually takes ages to to get required eggs and massive overcrowding.

I feel exactly like after geyser update, where they were dormant for 100-200 cycles and then devs have to adjust it for a more reasonable values.

Right now, breeding is a chore on a level of "put dozens of critters here and see it in a dozen of cycles to figure if by some chance you are lucky to get that near-zero chance"

Also a question- if you reload when critter is about to lay egg, does that affect chance? So can you savescum an egg? Because now it is the most reasonable option.

Dude, there are certain things you can use to affect the breeding odds.

Like for example, if you feed a Shine Bug more gristle berries, the odds for getting a Sunny Shine Bug egg increases.

If a Slickster's temperature is from 20C to 60C, the odds for getting a Longhair Slickster Larva Egg increases. And if it's 100C to 250C, then the odds for getting a Molten Slickster Larva Egg increase.

Pufts are very easy, the first egg a Puft will lay will almost always be a Puft Prince;  the odds for having a Puft Prince increases if a Puft is in a pen without a Puft Prince.

So the takeaway is: Always have a Puft Prince in with your Pufts. :wilson_goodjob:

I got lucky in my current seed and at about cycle 250 one of the many wild dreckos laid a plastic egg.

I've been meaning to tame it to get a plastic drecko farm going but I keep putting it off. On the subject though, the cave he's in has 4 wild pincha plants. How many tame dreckos would that support?

2 minutes ago, JonnyMonroe said:

I got lucky in my current seed and at about cycle 250 one of the many wild dreckos laid a plastic egg.

I've been meaning to tame it to get a plastic drecko farm going but I keep putting it off. On the subject though, the cave he's in has 4 wild pincha plants. How many tame dreckos would that support?

Spoiler
On 4/24/2018 at 2:01 PM, Risu said:

One is enough until they finally get around to fixing the calories they receive from eating it.
0.8 plants per Drecko is the current plan once that bug is fixed.

On 4/24/2018 at 2:01 PM, Risu said:

One is enough until they finally get around to fixing the calories they receive from eating it.
0.8 plants per Drecko is the current plan once that bug is fixed.

On 4/25/2018 at 10:42 AM, R9MX4 said:

51.png.b0f951621954208fc20945c1df6be89e.52.thumb.png.df4a731aeb5411f3b6969547ac2

For most critters (except pacu family), their Wild Calories Consuming is 1/4 of Tamed Calories Consuming. What's more, when critters keep in wild, they enjoy the benefits of -75% Metabolism. As a result, when they are wild, their Calories Consuming reduce to 1/16.

Tame drecko needs 10%/cycle, wild needs 0.625%

Spoiler

:wilson_goodjob:

3 minutes ago, Carnis said:

Talking about shinebugs, anybody been able to viably light bristle blossoms under farm station with ranched shinebugs? I cant get the light in range, even with lures.

no one uses shinebugs to light bristles any more, they eat them

30 minutes ago, Carnis said:

you can set the shinebugs behind an airflow tile

yes but even if the shine bug is at the lowest point on an airflow tile it can only support 9 farm tiles with a 2 tile gap for the bristles to grow, it's impossible to keep shinebugs close to the floor to maintain the light.  Even if you trap them they have a lifespan now so eventually they die.  Not to mention the food they need is not finite and best used for pincha peppers 

Best to just use a lamp

3 minutes ago, Ambaire said:

I really don't get the point of shinebugs anymore. Or why the devs gave them that ridiculous decor buff. I've never used wildlife for decor and I probably won't, either.

I feel the same way about the new longhair slicksters, seems pointless 

On 27/04/2018 at 7:37 AM, Ambaire said:

I really don't get the point of shinebugs anymore.

Tamed shine bugs currently lay one egg per 1,5 cycle (+67% reproduction). With the sunny morph you can convert 300g/cycle of 0 quality mushroom (720 kcals/cycle) into ~1866 kcals/cycle of +2 quality omelette.

(I guess this will change before release. It would be nice to have some kind of specific dish from the shiny eggs).

Annnnnd well I do like to see a bunch of them roam in my base.

On 4/29/2018 at 3:27 PM, Mariilyn said:

Tamed shine bugs currently lay one egg per 1,5 cycle (+67% reproduction). With the sunny morph you can convert 300g/cycle of 0 quality mushroom (720 kcals/cycle) into ~1866 kcals/cycle of +2 quality omelette.

(I guess this will change before release. It would be nice to have some kind of specific dish from the shiny eggs).

I like that too...then the stupid things cant find the feeders and starve...

On 4/29/2018 at 1:27 AM, Mariilyn said:

Not sure why everyone is so keen on omelette setups.  +2 is still not enough....you need +3 late game and it is a lot easier to get from berries and wheat than these crazy animal things.

On 27.4.2018 at 1:37 PM, Ambaire said:

I really don't get the point of shinebugs anymore. Or why the devs gave them that ridiculous decor buff. I've never used wildlife for decor and I probably won't, either.

You can just have a shinebug ranch of any size of your liking and upgrade the shinebugs inside of it to any stage x > stage 1 (i.e. to sunny). Then you put a ration box outside of that ranch and mark it as storage for x-1 shinebug eggs.

What will happen is that the shinebugs inside your ranch will keep their population stable (~68% egg chance). While every "lesser" shinebug will be hatching outside of your ranch, freely floating around your (accessable) base and providing a nice decor bonus.

59 minutes ago, Alfons100 said:

It was just fixed. Now Plastic Dreckos can be bred by feeding a regular drecko with Mealwood. That will increase the chance.

But is this really better than just using petroleum?

1 hour ago, chemie said:

Not sure why everyone is so keen on omelette setups.  +2 is still not enough....you need +3 late game and it is a lot easier to get from berries and wheat than these crazy animal things.

While reaching lategame you can set up a shine bug stable real easy and produce a ton of eggs at an almost negligible cost.

2 hours ago, chemie said:

Nope, the max you need is +2 to not cause a stress-out, even for max-jobbed duplicants. Because a duplicant has an inherent '-1' in food quality preference, the last job-tier will boost it by 3, making it 2. Deep maths. All above that is just for stress reduction.

Archived