Neural vacillator Recharging

No.

Neural vacillators are a rare limited resource that provide randomized but incredibly potent benefits. If simply recharging them with power allowed reuse, every dupe would be immune to stress, wounds, weight limits, and breathing.

55 minutes ago, crypticorb said:

No.

Neural vacillators are a rare limited resource that provide randomized but incredibly potent benefits. If simply recharging them with power allowed reuse, every dupe would be immune to stress, wounds, weight limits, and breathing.

If weight limits mattered :p but for recharging it, I think having the possibility of finding a node in a locker or something to recharge it would be cool. But unlimited recharges, probably not

Only kind of recharging I would see as a possibility.

1.  Very slow self-rest on the order of hundreds of cycles, consuming power during this time would be reasonable say 300-500 kw.

2.  Neurally Evacuating some of your dupes to recharge.  Say each Dupe loses 1-5 randomly selected skill points, becomes unhappy and can't be re-evacuated for a long time.  Each drained skill point recharges 1%, and sure their could be a huge power drain ~2000 kw during evacuating if you liked but its not really the core balancing costs.

27 minutes ago, ImpalerWrG said:

1.  Very slow self-rest on the order of hundreds of cycles, consuming power during this time would be reasonable say 300-500 kw.

2.  Neurally Evacuating some of your dupes to recharge.  Say each Dupe loses 1-5 randomly selected skill points, becomes unhappy and can't be re-evacuated for a long time.  Each drained skill point recharges 1%, and sure their could be a huge power drain ~2000 kw during evacuating if you liked but its not really the core balancing costs.

Lol, Ill summon 10 dupes to have their brains taken to charge it xDD

3 hours ago, ImpalerWrG said:

This seems a more balanced method, but for the benefits gained, power invested over time is a cheap price for the potency of those boons.

2 hours ago, TheExceed said:

Lol, Ill summon 10 dupes to have their brains taken to charge it xDD

Easy there, you're starting to sound as diabolical as @Saturnus with his vomit comets. 

Archived