Weight Plates Under Pneumatic Doors

EF9760FD377A6DDCC18912C176166369A9866727

I've put a weight plate under a pneumatic door to automatically turn on lights in a room if dupes enter, which goes through a buffer gate to keep the lights on for 60 seconds. In the picture above, I'm talking about the weight plate located just above and to the left of the printing pod. It seems that it is always triggered when duplicates leave the mess hall, but only about 50% of the time when they enter it. I can get around this problem easily, by locating the weight plate one tile to the right, but I thought I'd mention it, as it might be a bug. It could also be that the problem is occurring because the weight plate is at the end of a floor, right next to a fire pole, I'm not sure what's causing it to happen.

9 hours ago, madcat1188 said:

EF9760FD377A6DDCC18912C176166369A9866727

I've put a weight plate under a pneumatic door to automatically turn on lights in a room if dupes enter, which goes through a buffer gate to keep the lights on for 60 seconds. In the picture above, I'm talking about the weight plate located just above and to the left of the printing pod. It seems that it is always triggered when duplicates leave the mess hall, but only about 50% of the time when they enter it. I can get around this problem easily, by locating the weight plate one tile to the right, but I thought I'd mention it, as it might be a bug. It could also be that the problem is occurring because the weight plate is at the end of a floor, right next to a fire pole, I'm not sure what's causing it to happen.

Really nice idea to have light but with saving energy, i will take it, thank to you. It's possible to do it in all the room with a different buffer. My dupe will be really happy and thank you a lot to have now some light in the room they use.

I can suggest you some idea to solve your problem, sur you could solve the problem by locating the weight plate one tile to the right but you can solve it in another way, put your weight plate one tile higher. Like this :

image.thumb.png.9606c9063f03acf68ada558cf4f967c4.png

I do this since the beggining to confined mess by dupe pee or pipe breaking but i'm sure it's could help you cause in this case dupe always walk on the tile under the door despite the fact it's a ladder or a fire pole after the door (they can only jump one empty tile)

Archived