Ranching at High Speed

Does anyone else play at Alt-Z or Ctrl-U speed in debug mode? If so, does it feel like grooming takes ages to accomplish? My guy just stands there and hops around for a full 5 seconds (5 seconds is forever in either speed). I also notice he hops around like this for nearly the same amount of time on slow speed as well, which is far more efficient because it takes much less total time out of the cycle to accomplish.

It makes me not want to use Ranching because it's punishing me for playing at a higher speed.

They should change it so that the duplicant picks something up from the grooming station and goes to the critter, like how the farming station works when delivering the fertilizer stuff. At least then it would be the same speed as farming rather than twice as slow.

2 hours ago, GrindThisGame said:

I think sweeping arms should be able to groom :)

They're very clumsy from what I've seen.

I fear it would lead to lots of punctured pufts, dented dreckos, and worst of all - hacked-up hatches... :D

From what I’ve seen with debug speed, the timings for things within the game aren’t really set to follow the speed it’s actually on and follows some other kind of clock. Like eating on debug speed causes them to actually have less calories credited to them after eating. So you’ll burn through food much faster because they’re not actually intaking all the calories they should saw the same happening with deoxidizers consuming more than they’re normally supposed to as well. While I get bored crazy at the normal 3 speed, I’ve had to stick with it because of those things

On 4/26/2018 at 5:42 AM, Asteru said:

From what I’ve seen with debug speed, the timings for things within the game aren’t really set to follow the speed it’s actually on and follows some other kind of clock. Like eating on debug speed causes them to actually have less calories credited to them after eating. So you’ll burn through food much faster because they’re not actually intaking all the calories they should saw the same happening with deoxidizers consuming more than they’re normally supposed to as well. While I get bored crazy at the normal 3 speed, I’ve had to stick with it because of those things

I've run at such high speeds for so long that Speed 3 feels like Speed 1 does for most people.

Hopefully, when the game is nearly completed they will find time to optimize more for Speed "4" and "5".

Until then, I'll just use electrolyzers and have tons of surplus plants.

On 4/26/2018 at 3:16 PM, Lifegrow said:

They're very clumsy from what I've seen.

I fear it would lead to lots of punctured pufts, dented dreckos, and worst of all - hacked-up hatches... :D

A bit like what you'd expect if we modified automated factory robots to groom our pets IRL...

Archived