[Game Update] - 265724

1 hour ago, Stoof said:

From my experiments a single layer abyssalite wall will prevent all heat transfer and a single layer of raw abyssalite will prevent heat transfer, nor is the abyssalite changing temperature.  I'm on 265724, am I missing something?  Looks back to before they messed with it to me.

i did several roughly experiments. Looks like average conductivity only remains in heat transfer between pipe and its content.

As your experiment, a single layer abyssalite wall is temperature stable, so average conductivity doesn't apply on tile & tile now.

As we know, lowest conductivity didn't apply on tile & building, so average conductivity should also don't apply on it.

Spoiler

Experiment. Tungsten pipe & Mercury is as around 3 times powerful as Wolframite pipe & Mercury.

Conductivity: Tungsten 60, Mercury 8.3, Wolframite 15.

60+8.3=68.3; 8.3+15=23.3, 23.3*3=69.9; roughly 3 times

So average conductivity applies on pipe and its content

6 minutes ago, absimiliard said:

Does that mean we can safely mine out the cores of the abyssalite veins again?  (without exposing the surrounding biomes to heat-bleed)

I can't promise you anything. It looks like Klei withdraw the average between tile & tile. But they may withdraw the withdrawal in the next patch. So we may can't use single abyssalite wall in the future.

Spoiler

We'll see what will happen

Just now, R9MX4 said:

I can't promise you anything. It looks like Klei withdraw the average between tile & tile. But they may withdraw the withdrawal in the next patch. So we may can't use single abyssalite wall in the future.

Hey, I'll take it for so long as it lasts.....   (I'm not unaware how things change on a dev-branch, gotta try new stuff out to see what it does)

Anyhow, I was fine with the averaging for walls and having insulated walls use the lower of the two values.  Tiles in the wild were pretty much all I cared about, and only because I like to mine out through the abyssalite veins in a low-tech exploration phase.  I can explore later in suits, or by forced-air mining, it's just fun to burrow out and use terrariums to set up O2 way-stations -- but not so much fun I want to let the biomes bleed into each other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, absimiliard said:

Hey, I'll take it for so long as it lasts.....   (I'm not unaware how things change on a dev-branch, gotta try new stuff out to see what it does)

Anyhow, I was fine with the averaging for walls and having insulated walls use the lower of the two values.  Tiles in the wild were pretty much all I cared about, and only because I like to mine out through the abyssalite veins in a low-tech exploration phase.  I can explore later in suits, or by forced-air mining, it's just fun to burrow out and use terrariums to set up O2 way-stations -- but not so much fun I want to let the biomes bleed into each other.

If finally Klei decided to use average conductivity, two layers abyssalite works well to prevent heat. And usually there are 3~4 layer abyssalite between biomes. So when you dig out the edge of a biome, leaving two at least layers abyssalite and using insulated abyssalite to block your channel could solve the problem.

14 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

If finally Klei decided to use average conductivity, two layers abyssalite works well to prevent heat. And usually there are 3~4 layer abyssalite between biomes. So when you dig out the edge of a biome, leaving two at least layers abyssalite and using insulated abyssalite to block your channel could solve the problem.

I could still burrow out through a biome, but I'd have to dig through one side of the vein only, since they're 4 tiles thick that would keep the biomes still separate.  However that requires me to either deal with the environment or play really micro-managey games to retile over my head as I dig out using the ability to tile through a corner to keep myself out of the atmosphere and that ... sounds really not like a game I want to play.  (I don't strip any biome beyond the starter, which I turn to really low-pressure CO2 or vacuum, so it's not breaking into biomes I'm thinking about, it's literally playing termite to scout out through the veins in two-tile wide tunnels)

Anyhow, I'll adapt, no matter what.  I just like a low-tech nomad style of mid-early-game.

Edited by absimiliard
forgot to say words