[Game Update] - 265689

• Developer
  • Using a translation file with nested or mismatched "<link>" tags should no longer cause random crashes. Instead the english text will be used and the problematic strings will be listed in the log similar to strings using mismatched parameters.
  • When generating new worlds and when loading save files previous to this changelist, all Abyssalite will take on the temperature of their surrounding cells.

View full update

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

:(

I was able to salvage my cold biomes in my existing save - by doing some very hasty repairs -- older saves might not be recoverable without use of sandbox mode and/or debug tools

Aaaaaandddddd then, the second half of the changelog hit :b

Edited by avc15
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Using a translation file with nested or mismatched "<link>" tags should no longer cause random crashes. Instead the english text will be used and the problematic strings will be listed in the log similar to strings using mismatched parameters.

i'm korean but game still crashes... 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Something went wrong with my saves..

Oops I should have opened the game before posting.

The game closes (with no «report crash » screen) as soon as I load my save file (a MKII generated map) and unpause the game.

• Like 1

• Developer
15 minutes ago, Mariilyn said:

The game closes (with no «report crash » screen) as soon as I load my save file (a MKII generated map) and unpause the game.

Could you please upload your save file?

48 minutes ago, Mariilyn said:

Can confirm, CTD on saves written by 265257 and 265689 (edit: nonsense. 265646, of course) on unpausing after load. I've attached a few saves from April 8th through last night, all failing. If it matters, I'm on macOS.

Zero Gravitas II Exosuits Cycle 162.sav

Zero Gravitas II Exosuits.sav

Digression Explored.sav

Also, the Abyssalite pre-heater has a bit of trouble with some corner cases, see e.g. the warm horizontal strip on the left bordering cold slime in an ice biome, or the vacuum patch on the far left, but overall this should help. I really appreciate the effort to minimize the fallout, but, seriously, wouldn't it have been better for everyone to revert and regroup on the heat transfer issue?

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 11.41.42 .png

Edited by pnambic

Radiant pipes are not changing temps from the contents to pipe heat exchange (the contents change temp but not the pipe). They do change temp from the pipe to surroundings heat exchange. Normal pipes and insulated pipes do not show this problem. Demonstration setup in the sav.

Still a few cases of biome generation being a bad boy, but I can't find any large sections anymore. Maybe not a big deal.

https://imgur.com/kRC2fyF

265689.sav

Edited by wachunga

26 minutes ago, LokiZi said:

me too and i was on cycle 663

Same here. I even tried to go back a few saves and it still crashes (closes to desktop) whenever I try to unpause it .

I just fixed it by going through the steam loader, verifyng the integrity of the files and then loading the game through steam. I don' know if it was a coincidence but after about 6 tries of trying to unpause and crashing to desktop it worked that way.

Edited by monster3d2015

Is there a way of conserving eggs planned ?

(Strange when you realize that your 1000+ eggs in a sterile environment at - 50C all hatch after a few cycle ...)

No need to make it so easy as putting them into a normal fridge, but a way to conserve some eggs before your animals extinct would be REALLY needed)