Coal generator setting for how much coal to deliver

In addition to each coal generator having a setting on when it should have coal delivered to it, there should be an additional setting on how much coal to deliver, rather than always filling up the generator to maximum capacity.  This could be used to reduce the amount of power overgentation before a colony has smart batteries and automation.

Makes sense - a capacity slider, like the battery charge slider would work perfectly I think. "Deliver materials if below XX%". If you set to 50 dupes stop delivering when it's half-full. Great idea.

I'm sure someone will show up and say it can be already done with automation sensors though :D

I think the coal generator refilling and energy generation should be decoupled. The generator should ask for coal based just on amount of fuel stored, and when the requested battery charge is reached, it should shut itself down just like if it's done via automation input.

Sure, it would make it 'more advanced' and 'easier to use' but it would also make its function more understandable for players.

Archived