Sandbox option - game doesn't end when all dupes die

I was messing in sand box mode with the new animals and accidentally deleted my dupes. The game kicked me out to the main menu as soon as I unpaused, but I wanted to finish playing with the animals before I left but I didn't get to do that. I imagine others would appreciate having an environment where they don't have to load last save (and potentially lose progress) if something happens.

Weird. Even if all your dupes die, the printer doesn't stop working so you should in theory be able to just wait until next printer job. The printer works without dupes to operate it, or else your initial dupes would never be able to come through.

If you reject a dupe after all of your dupes have died, the game should be over. But as long as the printer isn't entombed there should still be access to the colony. I'd even suggest that the only option to continue if the entire colony dies would be for the next printer cycle to have "take all" option where you re-populate, or "end game".

BTW Anyone ever run tests with the printer to see if it still works underwater?

Archived