De/Construction material visible

48 minutes ago, TheExceed said:

You can. Click the block then go to properties..

After doing this thousands of times it gets tedious~  (Eg, when you realize you had the wrong material selected for parts of a long pipe, or for a construction that needs to withstand lava, and need to figure out which parts need replacing.)

It could list the material of a tile or building in the hover-text, and that wouldn't be hard to add.

Someone made a mod for this last year, making tiles different colors based on materials used. I wonder if Klei intends to add this to the base game eventually... I'm not sure if this workaround is still compatible with the latest version.

7 minutes ago, Ambaire said:

Someone made a mod for this last year, making tiles different colors based on materials used. I wonder if Klei intends to add this to the base game eventually... I'm not sure if this workaround is still compatible with the latest version.

Interesting...  I wonder how hard it is to make a mod without any official mod support yet?  Surely it would be very sensitive to changes in the base game though, yeah.

Though I do expect Klei might color materials differently at some point in the future.

9 minutes ago, Acru said:

After doing this thousands of times it gets tedious~  (Eg, when you realize you had the wrong material selected for parts of a long pipe, or for a construction that needs to withstand lava, and need to figure out which parts need replacing.)

It could list the material of a tile or building in the hover-text, and that wouldn't be hard to add.

Yes, it would be nice but isn't really necessary. As it just takes 2 seconds to click properties.

13 hours ago, Ambaire said:

I know this mod but i don't if it's work all time with the update

12 hours ago, TheExceed said:

Yes, it would be nice but isn't really necessary. As it just takes 2 seconds to click properties.

it"s depend of how much pipe or wall you need to click, sometimes i modify my pipe circuit ten times so i can have ten different material

5 hours ago, Flydo said:

I know this mod but i don't if it's work all time with the update

it"s depend of how much pipe or wall you need to click, sometimes i modify my pipe circuit ten times so i can have ten different material

Well make sure you do it right the first time ;)

35 minutes ago, TheExceed said:

Well make sure you do it right the first time ;)

You don't understand, i modify to change the usage most of the time i have only to change the bridge to change the way

Perhaps that information could be displayed in the information that shows up in the mouse over box (although there already is a lot of information there). Would also be nice if I mouse over something at the bottom of the screen, the boxes go up the screen rather than down, since I can't see it when it goes off the bottom.

Archived