Micro controler

6 hours ago, felix920506 said:

I want a programmable controller that outputs automation signals according to the program

Could be fun, a multiplexer could be usefull too but i think, we need to wait a long time before cause i think that most of player don't know how to use this. This is only for complex use so i think if they put some they will add it later (or maybe add by the workshop once they allow us to made some mod)

There are several reasons this is a poor idea.

1. Most players would not find a microcontroller necessary or useful in any automation construct.
  2. To utilize a microcontroller in the way you described, Klei would have to implement some form of coding language within ONI. A language or interface that would require players to learn how to use, or something external like C or python.
  3. To actually build a microcontroller, you would need multiple input points and output points (I/Os), which would likely end up something around 5x5 to actually be useable. 

Perhaps what you should ask for is 3rd party modding compatibility, so you can insert what you like into the game, such as a microcontroller simulated externally that hooks into the game.

12 hours ago, crypticorb said:

Perhaps what you should ask for is 3rd party modding compatibility, so you can insert what you like into the game, such as a microcontroller simulated externally that hooks into the game.

Probably be the best solution to made this kind of thing

Maybe you can make an empty automation square choosing the size you want that you can open like a submenu to put all the automation circuit you want inside too see only input and output (probably with manually name it).

Technically, we have already all the logic gates needed to make some microcontroller (except led or digit to show information) only need a way to compress it for more simple use (i know this is a huge work but you can already do some microcontroller (but you can reprogram it once it's done) or multiplexer)

Archived