A request for water transform method

As we know, developers said:“It is the intended behaviour that small bits of clean water can become polluted when surrounded by polluted water.” So I use this setting to convert water into polluted water.

6.thumb.png.b2a17c0bf2226543563c83b355b97899.png

It works well in the previous version. But now a tile of polluted water has changed to 1000kg. The Liquid Vent cannot work because of over pressure. So I change the layout like this:

7.png.ae4930be4538b6b4c0773ab8ee94a2dd.png

The water can discharge but do not transform. I ask an experienced person, he said this transform method only works when program detect 3 tiles is polluted water: upper left, left and right of the Liquid Vent. I want to ask developers, could you please change 3 detected tiles to: left, right and under the Liquid Vent? Sorry to trouble you, but I really like this transform method.

2 hours ago, Major44 said:

The water can discharge but do not transform.

The problem with your setup is this: the clean water only transforms to polluted by chance when there's more polluted water in the surrounding tiles than is the amount of clean water in the middle tile. So your updated design doesn't work because there's too little polluted water left in the surface layer.

What I believe still works is this setup:

B6b9kDt.jpg

When you push clean water to it, there will be 1000 kg of polluted water on each side, any excess will spill over sides. When the water converts to polluted (there must be less than 1000 kg of it), it will mix with the surrounding tiles and the amount in each tile will be lower than 1000 kg. Then if you push another packet of water there, the polluted water will be pushed to sides and the excess will again spill.

I think the mechanic should be updated. If devs want us to convert clean water to polluted, it should not require such weird setup, it should just by chance happen when there's polluted water tile beside a clean water tile. And if they don't want us to do that, they should remove the mechanic altogether. This feels like abuse of early development artifact that's been forgotten in the game but is not intended to be part of the game.

1 hour ago, Kasuha said:

The problem with your setup is this: the clean water only transforms to polluted by chance when there's more polluted water in the surrounding tiles than is the amount of clean water in the middle tile. So your updated design doesn't work because there's too little polluted water left in the surface layer.

What I believe still works is this setup:

B6b9kDt.jpg

When you push clean water to it, there will be 1000 kg of polluted water on each side, any excess will spill over sides. When the water converts to polluted (there must be less than 1000 kg of it), it will mix with the surrounding tiles and the amount in each tile will be lower than 1000 kg. Then if you push another packet of water there, the polluted water will be pushed to sides and the excess will again spill.

I think the mechanic should be updated. If devs want us to convert clean water to polluted, it should not require such weird setup, it should just by chance happen when there's polluted water tile beside a clean water tile. And if they don't want us to do that, they should remove the mechanic altogether. This feels like abuse of early development artifact that's been forgotten in the game but is not intended to be part of the game.

Very good method, thanks. But the failure reason of my design is not "too little polluted water left in the surface layer". I had test it. Upper left, left and right of your Liquid Vent is detected have polluted water, that is the real reason your design can work.

I still hope they can change the detect mechanic, as you said, the setup is too weird.

I was not aware that this mechanic of converting clean H2O into pH2O existed. I've noticed clean water on the surface of a pH2O pool will vanish over time; this explains that phenomenon.

One of the biggest problems late-game is generating more pH2O, because pH2O is arguably more useful than clean water. Peppernuts, fertilizer synthesizers, and water filtering heat deletion setups all require large quantities of pH2O, and without a geyser for it, this method will be very useful.

That having been said, I believe that water pollution by immersing in pH20 doesn't really fit in the game's current style. Everything (besides heat) is a useful byproduct from some other building or process, and has a use. Directly turning one material into another without reasoning or work seems... off.

Archived