The game is now terrible

Can you possibly expand on that?  I'm having a fabulous time with all the creatures and figuring out what I can and can't do with power and other systems.  I love the new sandbox tool - I can use it to stop a base from failing or experiment with a system if I want to.  

Criticism without specifics is just whining.  If you are struggling with a part of the game, shout out on the forum and someone can help. This game is under active development.  Declaring failure before we are even out of preview branch isn't a very good way to get things done. 

Invisible dupes, dupes that starve for no reason, performance issues, priority issues and the list goes on.

ONI runs 73 threads and no performance out of them.

Finally, the bug list keeps expanding and devs aren't on top of it.

So don't play the preview branches.  They usually straighten out most of it before it gets released to the regular branch.  That's why we preview things.

We have a saying at work:

I don't always test, but when I do, I test in production.  

The whole game is in early access.  Do you want them to stop and iron out all the bugs before they bring out new content?  Some bugs aren't worth fixing until all of the new content is out.

And the FPS always sucks in preview branch - they have a lot of stuff running in the background that reports back bugs to them.  

I've been developing software for 30+ years. ONI is on the road to failure. Expansion too quick without going over your bug list and ignoring it. Bugs have been building since Tubes. They haven't been fixed. Just look at the bug thread forum. They need to slow down and get their eggs in order. ONI has a big memory leak, this has not ever been addressed.

Software is software - it's always going to have bugs.  I'd rather have new content at a reasonable pace, honestly.  I've been a sys admin for a long time and I'm here to tell you that no software is 100% bug free.  Klei has a process.  I've played a lot of their games and this is how they do - and I've never had an unplayable game from them.  

i havent played the mkII, i only opened the game check the new stuff thats all, im not in the mood playing it on its current state it feels like something is messing and i think i know what it is
i once talked about sensors for temperatures inside pipe and im glad that they finally added it but we dont really need it right now. I remember suggesting a phosphorite reproduction either critter or building its for the sole purpose of growing pincha peppernuts but instead they released an update that requires MORE pinchas and thats the dreckos. its inevitable, Dreckos will always lead to extinction unless if they introduce a different diet to dreckos
also its feels like the game is more like a zoo simulator now

Just now, Lutzkhie said:

i havent played the mkII, i only opened the game check the new stuff thats all, im not in the mood playing it on its current state it feels like something is messing and i think i know what it is
i once talked about sensors for temperatures inside pipe and im glad that they finally added it but we dont really need it right now. I remember suggesting a phosphorite reproduction either critter or building its for the sole purpose of growing pincha peppernuts but instead they released an update that requires MORE pinchas and thats the dreckos. its inevitable, Dreckos will always lead to extinction unless if they introduce a different diet to dreckos
also its feels like the game is more like a zoo simulator now

Did you expect to be the only inhabitants of an unknown asteroid? lmao

8 minutes ago, w3amd said:

I've been developing software for 30+ years. ONI is on the road to failure. Expansion too quick without going over your bug list and ignoring it. Bugs have been building since Tubes. They haven't been fixed. Just look at the bug thread forum. They need to slow down and get their eggs in order.

The game itself has a total of 9,200+ very positive reviews. With currently at this moment 2k+ players playing the game. With a maximum of 7k+ at one point. Yet, it's on pace to fail? Your "list" of bugs are from a branch of the game that is released TO FIND BUGS... Its a BETA Release... you're in software but complain about a beta release in an early access game? What a joke,

7 minutes ago, w3amd said:

I don't really need to say anything. Just watch what happens on the release. When Mark II goes live. It's a disaster.

You realize since Mk2 beta release they have 2 bug patches? Of which fixed 2 of the mentioned issues. As for performance, that was worked on 2 releases ago. Again realize this is an EARLY ACCESS game. Still being actively developed with timely updates. Optimization is rarely an early focus of an early access game. They push content then optimization.

32 minutes ago, w3amd said:

I've been developing software for 30+ years. ONI is on the road to failure. Expansion too quick without going over your bug list and ignoring it. Bugs have been building since Tubes. They haven't been fixed. Just look at the bug thread forum. They need to slow down and get their eggs in order. ONI has a big memory leak, this has not ever been addressed.

hahahahaha been developing software for 30+ years and don't even understand bugs...so you are either the most immature 50+ year old ever....or *cough* obvious troll.

Just now, w3amd said:

Optimization is done from the start otherwise the code gets too deep. 

Yes, small optimizational tweaks. But not large optimizations through out the entirety of the EA. Have you never played another EA game?
Ark.... same thing,,, 7dtd same thing... every early access game. Stop trolling or get your head out your ass

Preview versions were always disasters.

Auto preview had tons of crashes and super low fps. Dups were so silly and always forgot to breath in occupation preview. When R1 preview turned to live, the change list exceeds 100 lines.

Tube preview is just ok because it's really a small upgrade.

But finally, preview will goes live on time. It's unwise to judge live version by preview version, especially early preview version.

Remember the outbreak update when they introduced disease and everyone was terrified to leave the starting biome?  Change is hard for some people.  One of my favorite parts about the game right now is that I have to throw out my strategy every six weeks and start over.  I love that.  I'm 1400 hours into this game now.  Still love it just as much as the day I bought it. 

1 hour ago, w3amd said:

Klei games are not normal projects, Klei definitely takes its time to develop the games.

Take a look at DST for example, came out December 2014 as early access, released April 2016.

This would also be no different, ONI (ea) came out February 2017 and it still has a lot of time to be polished. 

4 hours ago, w3amd said:

Invisible dupes, dupes that starve for no reason, performance issues, priority issues and the list goes on.

ONI runs 73 threads and no performance out of them.

Finally, the bug list keeps expanding and devs aren't on top of it.

I am happy, to be able to get a "sneak peek" into early dev, even when it's sometimes frustrating.
Oni takes a direction, very different from what i wished for it, but it could not be bad, when so many ppl have fun with it.

Performance outside preview is nice for me and i run ONI on an old i-2500k desktop (no oc).
On my laptop it runs not so well, but i think it's a heat problem (heat-cpu-frequency-reduction). When the laptop is cold, it runs fine.
I had specially problems on my system with "NVDisplay.container.exe" together with ONI, i deactivated it some time ago.

Bugs/features/exploits yes some, like in DS and many are coming back, with new preview, but that's nothing unusal.
I was harsh to Klei in the past, because i was frustrated, that they make their game not, like i wished it would be.
So many hours on my ONI clock, was cheapest game ever and when i take that into account, i have to be more friendly ^^
keep-calm-and-love-klei-21.png

Ignoring this back and forth a little. OP has a point which keeps resurfacing all the time here, Reddit and Steam. The updates as of late seem rushed even to a point where ranching spilled to next update window. Klei's PR done good job in explaining it but lets face it: it's an update that took 3 months. The bugs OP is referring to, by this point, are blatantly ignored in favour of keeping up with all the new stuff being introduced in each update. This is despite each update adding more unsolved problems to the pile.

This are Klei's forums full of Klei fans defending their favourite developer, but this development process and Klei's 'don't partake in discussion' attitude burnt me from ever taking part in EA again. Don't get me wrong I love ONI (wouldn't be posting here if I didn't care for it), it's just my hopes for polished product wanes, despite all the shouty Klei's fans assurances ('this is Alpha!', 'remember is EA', 'Klei's awesome' and so on).

This is first preview and most likely update which I'm ignoring. It's just not worth my time getting frustrated with more and more broken game.

5 hours ago, w3amd said:

Reaching too far too fast and not fixing things has resulted in Mark II being a total face plant.

Game is early access, which is close to actually being beta. And then you complain about a preview build, that is what you also could call alpha access, with both textures missing and weird bugs. FOR REAL BRO ?! - I'm happy they give us access, this lets us, the players, HELP improving the quality of the game and speed up the process of fixing problems.

I my self reported about the invis dupe after the patch hit, and got a response within minutes asking for a screen.

That was just one instance and a personal experience, i know others have experienced the same and can vouch for the fact that they, the developers at Klei that are working on ONI, are on it.

I have no clue how old you are, but i can tell you back around the 2000's that this what we have now, early access and the ability to influence the game development this much, was unheard of. Might've even been impossible, or at least very cumbersome. - You should show some gratitude that they are even willing to put up with us whiny ass ******* wanting everything and never being happy with what ever we get.

Archived