hound attack bug? (might be a mod but I don't know which one)

Hi! I've recently started playing the game and have run into the same issue twice on two different solo servers now. Around day 77, as soon as the hound attack noises start, the game crashes. It tells me it's likely due to a mod, but I've tried disabling and re-enabling them all one by one to find the issue to no avail. It appears to be something to do with the sound file for the hounds, I think? I can screenshot the issue if need be. I am playing with mods, so maybe one is conflicting with another and causing the problem, but I can't imagine any of them would. I'd really appreciate some help with this, I've gotten quite far twice now and it's irritating to have to go back and start again if I want to keep playing. For some reason it's always day 76 or 77 on which the game breaks, and rolling back a few days prior doesn't fix the issue at all. I also have and am playing with Reign of Giants on as well, though I don't know if that would have anything to do with the issue.

Here is the list of mods I currently have enabled.

Client:

Finder *FIXED*

Combined Status

Server:

Moving Box

Show Me

Campfire Respawn

More Storage

Extra Equip Slots

Quick Pick

Hound Attack

Global Pause

Wormhole Marks

Smarter Crock Pot (server)

Animal Variety

MOAR BIRB

Increased Stack Size

Stackable Equipments

OFF Modpack for DST

If any of these are known to conflict with each other and cause the issue I'm experiencing, I'd really appreciate being informed so I can remove them and continue with the game. If it isn't a mod, then I ask that someone help me figure out what to do to fix my game. Whether that be uninstalling and reinstalling it or something else, I don't care all that much about losing my progress (as sad as I would be as I've finally managed to survive summer lol), I just want to be able to play past day 77.

There was a change of hound prefab with the addition of Clay Hounds. Some mods could be outdated because of this, as far as i know ?

I suggest you to to verify the log

(Here is how to find the log if there is no screen)

Also, verify the workshop pages of the mods, maybe someone let a comment about a problem somewhere ?

I apologize for not including a screenshot of the crash screen before, here's one now if it helps. 

I will go and check the workshop pages for the mods and see if someone else has mentioned this, thank you for the help. c: I'm really curious as to why it only happens on day 76-77 though, it hasn't ever happened anytime sooner.

Screenshot (248).png

Well, did you start this game some month ago and restarted only recently ? This could be an explanation, since as i said, the change happened for the Year of the Warg. So it's one possibility. I don't know for the other possible reasons.

Both of the servers I've tried playing on were started within the past two weeks, this one within the past week at most. I've had and have been playing the game off and on since February (and restarted a few times because I kept messing things up, heh) but I've only made it this far in the past two weeks, and the crashing servers were made within that time frame.

How would I go about figuring out which mod/mods specifically are outdated and causing the issue? I've tried disabling and re-enabling them but it hasn't made a difference.

Unsubscribe to the OFF Modpack for DST.

Try to check the comment sections of mods for recent reports on crashes before subscribing to them, or do a bit of playing before subscribing to the next so you can narrow down the suspects.

You might have to reinstall the game, I’ve had issues before with crashing from outdated mods. It could also be a client mod, but that might not be likely. Reinstalling it could help, or just deleting the mods you have, reinstalling them again, and trying it out that way. Hopefully that helps ❤️

Archived