[Game Update] - 265257

6 minutes ago, AncalagonX said:

Are you saying you don't know whether there is a reasonable way to disable the mega-slowdown caused by crash loggers on the two-week-early Alpha builds? Because for other options, there are command-line options, or a debug-toggle file in the main directory, or a debug mode switch in the game, or an ini tweak, or............

I just want to know whether there's an option to disable it or not so I can contribute to to the pre-release bug patching, minus crash detection. If there's no way to disable it, then fine. There's no need to guess or argue about it if you don't know the answer.

Ok, lemme be Crystal Shine Bug clear.

No, there is NO way to disable this. AT ALL. Period.

Spoiler

Short of being a Klei Dev, with access to the dev build of the game, there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY for you to disable it.

And no, there is no way for you to gain access to the dev builds. 

Edited by watermelen671
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Ok, lemme be Crystal Shine Bug clear.

No, there is NO way to disable this. AT ALL. Period.

Reveal hidden contents

Short of being a Klei Dev, with access to the dev build of the game, there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY for you to disable it.

And no, there is no way for you to gain access to the dev builds. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AncalagonX said:

Are you saying you don't know whether there is a reasonable way to disable the mega-slowdown caused by crash loggers on the two-week-early Alpha builds? Because for other options, there are command-line options, or a debug-toggle file in the main directory, or a debug mode switch in the game, or an ini tweak, or............

I just want to know whether there's an option to disable it or not so I can contribute to to the pre-release bug patching, minus crash detection. If there's no way to disable it, then fine. There's no need to guess or argue about it if you don't know the answer.

Look, whether or not there is one I don't know personally. This is pure conjecture, but if there was some sort of ini tweak this would already have popped up somewhere given the debug traces (and it's not just crash loggers, because these are always running if I am not mistaken) have been used for quite a few updates already, so I don't think there is a simple ini tweak, and there is certainly no ingame option. Probably what you ask, requires effectively hacking the game.

Again, this is something you can't bargain as this is beta testing and the developers really need this kind of info. I'm sure you want to contribute through other means, but the performance tracing and such is vital for the developers to optimize FPS. It already has proven to be a massive help in the past. Long term wise, you are helping them more with the performance tracing. If your current base runs too slow, temporary start a new colony. Even with the performance tracing, a fresh colony will run very well. And will still allow you to test for bugs through their new world paint tools.

2 hours ago, AncalagonX said:

The way to disable it is to go into Steam, right-click on "Oxygen Not Included" and chose "properties."  Then click on "Betas."  In the pull down, chose "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs."

• Haha 2