[Game Update] - 265257

• Developer
  • Sleeping status item should no longer flicker on and off.
  • Sage Hatch babies should now turn into Sage Hatch adults.
  • Lightbug babies should now look like their parents.
  • Hatches should no longer disappear when laying an egg or being groomed.
  • Deconstructing the logic memory bit should no longer cause a crash.
  • Shearing station should now require power.
  • Dupes should no longer slide through doors.
  • Baby hatches should no longer try and burrow into the ground.
  • Loading a save file with dupes who are low on breath should no longer cause the dupes to be invisible.
  • Debug painting crushed rock should no longer cause a crash.

View full update

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Loading a save file with dupes who are low on breath should no longer cause the dupes to be invisible

4 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Sage Hatch babies should now turn into Sage Hatch adults

Awesome! Thanks for the constant effort!

8 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

Invisible dupe bug strikes again

to be fair the save was from the immediately prior build that was rife with said invisible dupe bug so maybe this is a holdover, starting a new colony, will update as necessary

I have an invisible dupe in my new colony. 

5ade65b913719_ohpoorshinebugs.gif.79aa9e191fc23a4f09a34ec6a2aff2b6.gif

Oof, poor Shine Bug missed the landing! The Russian judge gives him a 1.5/10. :wilson_ecstatic:

Dupes carrying items on their backs also tend to have those items become yo-yos:

GIF.gif.5684bc1e1f74551bec07d4ae3fb94d56.gif

First I show an invisible Mae being invisible (I then revisible them), and then my attempt at capturing the back item yo-yo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

How do I explain this...

I noticed the dupes seem to go invisible occasionally, usually when they're doing stuff that is off-camera then go on-camera. Then they become visible again if you go off-camera and then go to where the invisible dupe is.

Edited by g5457s
  • Like 1

Is there a way to disable the performance-heavy "additional debugging tools" that Klei enables while using the beta preview of the Ranching update? I have a decent computer and it's way too much of a hit compared to the current master branch.

Thanks for any tips.

2 hours ago, AncalagonX said:

Is there a way to disable the performance-heavy "additional debugging tools" that Klei enables while using the beta preview of the Ranching update? I have a decent computer and it's way too much of a hit compared to the current master branch.

Thanks for any tips.

I certainly hope not. The developers rely on those tools. If you don't want the debugging tools, than just wait for the officilal update. Basically signing up for the preview branch means you are signing up to be a beta tester, which includes these tools.

2 hours ago, turbonl64 said:

I certainly hope not. The developers rely on those tools. If you don't want the debugging tools, than just wait for the officilal update. Basically signing up for the preview branch means you are signing up to be a beta tester, which includes these tools.

There's a difference between "debug tools enabled" and "additional debugging traces enabled". I'd be happy to try out the new branch and report game bugs without running the crash detection debug apparatus as well. I'd like to do so, but I can't see any way to disable the extra Klei-mandated crash monitoring traces. It slows the game to a crawl for me and makes this a no-go, even though I'd like to find a middle ground here.

So wait for the changes to make it to the main trunk, simple.  (I know, everyone wants new things as soon as possible, but if it slows you to a crawl then just play the working version and accept that some suffering is inherent in life -- sorry.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Short of actually meddling with the game itself? No.

And even then I have no idea how you'd go about doing that.

Are you saying you don't know whether there is a reasonable way to disable the mega-slowdown caused by crash loggers on the two-week-early Alpha builds? Because for other options, there are command-line options, or a debug-toggle file in the main directory, or a debug mode switch in the game, or an ini tweak, or............

I just want to know whether there's an option to disable it or not so I can contribute to to the pre-release bug patching, minus crash detection. If there's no way to disable it, then fine. There's no need to guess or argue about it if you don't know the answer.