Will Hamlet DLC release to Nintendo Switch?

I have Nintendo Switch and I bought Don't Starve Nintendo Switch Edition. But when Hamlet release, how we are going to get it? Don't Starve Nintendo Switch Edition contains RofG+Shipwrecked and base game, will an update add Hamlet into the game or we will pay again?

unnamed (5).jpg

images (3).jpeg

It always comes down to economics. Supporting the Nintendo Switch costs time and money. If Klei sees the Switch as a successful platform for their games with a strong community, they almost certainly will port all of their content onto the Nintendo eShop. They will have access to new customers and existing ones who would love to play their favorite games on the go. I have purchased Don’t Starve for the Switch and am also very much looking forward to seeing Hamlet released on the Switch as well. Although very unlikely, I would also love to see support for mods as well. If you want content on the Switch, so your support by purchasing a copy of the game.

Thank you Klei for making such great games. 

I think they released the Switch version haphazardly now so they could get that DLC money for another platform when Hamlet comes out.

I hope all the problems get fixed but I have Don't Starve on the go that actually plays pretty dang well so I'm happy. 

On 23.04.2018 at 4:05 PM, NaughtyMonkey said:

It always comes down to economics. Supporting the Nintendo Switch costs time and money. If Klei sees the Switch as a successful platform for their games with a strong community, they almost certainly will port all of their content onto the Nintendo eShop. They will have access to new customers and existing ones who would love to play their favorite games on the go. I have purchased Don’t Starve for the Switch and am also very much looking forward to seeing Hamlet released on the Switch as well. Although very unlikely, I would also love to see support for mods as well. If you want content on the Switch, so your support by purchasing a copy of the game.

Thank you Klei for making such great games. 

I think it will be successful on Switch. Because Don't Starve is a popular game for indie lovers.

Archived