Hello everyone. Once again I went on a massive bender playing this game, and kept some notes while I was playing.

Bugs?:
-------

- The order of items listed with checkboxes next to them where you specify what types of stuff goes into a storage compactor changes after every reload. It would be good if that stuff stayed in the same order, perhaps alphabetical.

- The flow of liquids and gasses through pipes needs work. It seems to bunch up or have troubles deciding what direction to travel when there are multiple sources and sinks on the same line. For example, if I have the output from a pump branch off into two different directions, and one direction is full of liquid while the other is empty, the water flow rate will be cut into half, since it will still try to go down the full pipe, and the pump will say "pipe blocked" half of the time.

- A critter feeder can be set to Polluted Oxygen for Pufts. What does this do? I don't see a pipe input on the critter feeder.

- If a door is facing horizontal , and I want to build a ladder on the other side of it, I have to manually open it, otherwise the ladder shows as an unreachable build, even though it could be built if a duplicant would open the door when it is set to auto. Also, for horizontal facing doors, the arrows that specify custom permissions for duplicants to pass through should face up and down.

- I'm finding that the screenshot button (F12) stops working after a while.

- It doesn't seem to make any difference whether or not you provide power to a mechanized airlock. I leave mine unpowered and they work fine,even when controlled by logic gates.

- The metal refinery is taking in little bits of water but not outputting anything (is it going to steam?)

- Please make the refirgerator have logic activation parameters, like the smart battery has. Without that, the logic output on the refrigerator is very hard to use for anything since duplicants will eat part of a food item, but only whole items will be placed into the refrigerator, leaving it almost completely full, but the logic output will stay off.

New Features / Suggestions:
------------------------------------

- When sweeping, a duplicant should place the item in the closest storage compactor that accepts the type of item, not run half way across the map to put the item away.

- 1 bit memory (or latch). A logic circuit that has two inputs and one output. If the first input goes active, the output goes active, and stays that way until the second input goes active, which shuts it off.

- High temperature gas management (pumps, pipes, valves, etc). Requires abyssalite and/or tungsten.

- Alarms. If the logic input to an alarm is active, the alarm goes off. The screen flashes red, makes an alarm sound, and a custom text (which you specify when you build the alarm) is displayed in the upper left corner. The icon could be a red fire alarm.

- Custom starting option: Start with whole map revealed.

- Free build mode: It would be nice if the functions provided by the debug tool were made a part of the final game, as a free-build mode, so we could experiment with things to know whether or not a certain idea would work before building it (I call this a feasibility study). In this mode we could also start with a completely blank map.

- A lure for morbs?

- The ability to select a specific type of item when sweeping, for example, if you only want abyssalite swept.

- The ability to set a room to be automatically swept or mopped, or have custom disinfection settings per room, and to set 'no idling' in a certain room.

- Much bigger rooms, in particular for the generator room and farms.

- Sensors that sense the type of gas (hydrogen, oxygen, etc) or liquid they are in.

- Sensors that go inside pipes, so you can sense the pressure, temperature, etc, of a gas or liquid inside a pipe.

- Light doesn't seem to matter very much. I only ever create lights for bristle blossom plants. Perhaps duplicants should do things more slowly if they don't have access to light. Perhaps there should be a special exosuit that includes a light on the helmet.

- For the little status lights on logic gates, perhaps they should be green if it's active, red if it's on standby, and blank if the input/output isn't connected to anything.

- New Item: Entertainment center. Helps duplicants relax and reduces stress. Shows Youtube cat videos. Helps a recreation room. Perhaps if duplicants are idle for 10 seconds or more they go to the nearest entertainment center.

- The greenhouse and stable are very similar colors and hard to tell apart in the room overlay.

- Thermo insulated doors.

- Duplicants should finish whatever sweep operation they are doing before going to bed, rather than dropping what they're carrying.

Changes I didn't like:
--------------------------

- It looks like pufts don't go up after they exhale anymore.I used to use this to coral pufts into a room together before I had access to plastic, which I find helpful to generate slime for a early/mid game oxygen source.

Thanks.

On 4/21/2018 at 12:29 AM, madcat1188 said:

- 1 bit memory (or latch). A logic circuit that has two inputs and one output. If the first input goes active, the output goes active, and stays that way until the second input goes active, which shuts it off.

Just remembered, you can make a latch out of other logic gates: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flip-flop_(electronics)
Still might be nice to have one for convenience. Another thing that can be built with other logic, but might be nice to have for convenience, a clock pulse generator.

Also ran into this thread:

I think that's a great idea. A stove that has a list things to cook instead of just one thing continuously, in priority order. You can make multiple stoves, but how do you, for example, make pepper bread, but if you run out of pincha peppers, then make frost buns?

Archived