Feedback : Excellent game but lack of gamemodes, misunderstanding of some actions...

Hello,

After a few hours of playing Hot Lava, here's my feedback :

First, I love the game, I’ve always wanted a 3D platformer between Mirror's Edge and TrackMania, and Hot Lava is really close to this mashup!

I would even say that Hot Lava can become (one of) the best game in the world and here are some of my suggestions to achieve that :

• Hot Lava seems to lack some gamemodes.
    • Gamemode like real run (all player synchronized) / permanent death (players have to finish the stage without dying; if all players are dead, the stage restarts) would be nice (maybe the "custom game" feature can do that? I don't know).
    • Freedom mode could be interesting too.
      Example : "Chase the grade" isn’t easy, I'm good on the beginning but I have some difficulties on the middle of the stage. I miss training, I want to train this middle part, so I could activate this "freedom mode" from ESC Menu, objectives stars wouldn't be active but I could go where I want and train.
    • Chase the guy : A random player is the bad guy, we must catch him!
  • I still don’t understand some actions like mouse clicks and "save checkpoint"...
  • Tiny detail : Press "TAB" to display objectives stars (and not only scoreboard) would be great.

However, I say it again: it's a really good game, congrats Klei! I'll Instabuy for sure :)

• Developer

Thanks for taking the time to write your feedback TeeVy!

When you say 'save checkpoint' are you talking about the keybind option in the settings? There are a few settings in there that are not hooked up in the retail build, we'll need to clean those out.

Also about the tab objective stars. Are you wanting to be able to check the challenges without losing your momentum? We display the challenges in the pause (esc) menu currently.

When you say 'save checkpoint' are you talking about the keybind option in the settings? There are a few settings in there that are not hooked up in the retail build, we'll need to clean those out.

Yep, I was talking about this option. If it's not functional, I now understand my confusion. That said, if you plan to make a "freedom mode", that could be interesting to have this option.

Also about the tab objective stars. Are you wanting to be able to check the challenges without losing your momentum? We display the challenges in the pause (esc) menu currently.

Exactly, Seeing challenges in the pause menu is good but if we could see them in the tab menu too, that would be very nice!

Btw, I forgot to say another point in my feedback :
About gameplay, I would love to "coil" when I jump to reach some platforms (just like Mirror's Edge), that could add a little depth to the gameplay!

Archived