ABCs and 123s - 02:06.05.66

Run Highlight from Twitch

i'm quite happy with the start of the run's route as the speed lets you skip the early table heading into cafeteria as well as skipping a huge section of the cafeteria straight to the vending machines. i wouldn't be surprised if there are speed strats to skip the wall at 00:00:18 although i was struggling to get close with +1.5X speed. later half of the run isn't executed as smoothly as its heavily focused on a few tech skips that are really awkward to pull off. water-fountain at 00:00:44 is a bit wonky as the jump can fail if you start it too early or too late. it seems you need to time it right as you reach 'half way' on the water-fountain. 00:01:29 i miss my attempt at pole glitch. essentially if you jump off right as you connect with the pole from a higher height, you can actually gain enough control and height to land on top. sometimes you end up glitching inside the pole a bit which is why i aim for the safety of the beam as it prevents you from dying to lava on failure. last real skip is 00:01:42 which lets you skip quite a bit of the gym. this one is less of a glitch and more of a precise jump as you can barely reach the height by timing your jump on the rope swing.

hopefully this can help spark others to route this level and optimize the path. i feel like there could easily be a few more skips utilizing bhop speed more or interesting map elements. sorry for the wonky stream quality, still trying to get that figured out. for some reason my mic has really low audio on stream despite being fine in the discord call i was in.

17 hours ago, DogFace said:

there could easily be a few more skips utilizing bhop speed

well i just saw an insane run by rickykz who got a 00:33.20.11. i would ignore all of my strats unless you are also new and want to push your pb ahead a little. :^)

Archived