Don't Starve is Coming to Nintendo Switch!

4fd9d2ec-e8e7-427e-9885-be9016169ad4.png

Don't Starve is Coming to Nintendo Switch!

Soon you'll be able to play Don't Starve on the go in a whole new way! Don't Starve: Nintendo Switch Edition features the original Don’t Starve + Reign of Giants + Shipwrecked and will be available in the Nintendo eShop on April 12th, 2018 for $19.99USD.

Already found couple bugs/glithes on switch. Where can I report them?

Maxwel portal does not play music when you are near it.

During my first wawe of hounds they spawned in ocean and was stuck

(It happened on surface world with compatibility with shipwrecked)

Lets hope you wont leave this edition without further updates or at least bug fixes! 

Thank you guys for great work it runs great on switch!

I think I am going to buy it as soon as I get money but I would like to see the bugs getting fixed first. I have also heard that the screen is a bit too dark when it's evening, I dont know if it's because the screen is small or something.

The current Switch version is in an absolutely atrocious state and is not worth the asking price no matter how much you may have loved Don't Starve on the PC.  This is an affront to Don't Starve fans and the almost absolute silence, save for a few no doubt purposefully vague 'update' posts, should be of huge concern.

The Switch version of the game harbors a great many of the issues that have plagued many of the console versions of Don’t Starve.  A few of which can be said to be game breaking.

During dusk, a portion of the day where the player is still expected to be active if to maintain effective progress, the image is so dim that it makes it difficult and sometimes impossible to identify items or environmental prompts. The PSVita version of Don’t Starve has this very same issue and was never fixed.  It has now found its way onto the Switch. Seemingly due to the fact Klei did not deem it worthwhile to address the matter, even though it was widely discussed as an issue.

The second and perhaps most disruptive bug occurs when entering the caves. Upon entering the caves and subsequently leaving the caves again the game is likely to fast forward your seasons by 2.

Both issues have existed for many months, neither of these issues have been addressed.  There is no indication from the devs that they will be addressed on the Switch either. This is an embarrassingly lazy effort for a port to an exceedingly popular console and one that is reaching a very broad audience. 

I think until these issues have been given the treatment Klei’s fans and customers deserve, we should use the only true voice we have and not purchase the Switch version of Don’t Starve. We deserve a better version of this game than we are currently offered.

IFxx

2 hours ago, IndigoFoxx said:

The current Switch version is in an absolutely atrocious state and is not worth the asking price no matter how much you may have loved Don't Starve on the PC.  This is an affront to Don't Starve fans and the almost absolute silence, save for a few no doubt purposefully vague 'update' posts, should be of huge concern.

The Switch version of the game harbors a great many of the issues that have plagued many of the console versions of Don’t Starve.  A few of which can be said to be game breaking.

During dusk, a portion of the day where the player is still expected to be active if to maintain effective progress, the image is so dim that it makes it difficult and sometimes impossible to identify items or environmental prompts. The PSVita version of Don’t Starve has this very same issue and was never fixed.  It has now found its way onto the Switch. Seemingly due to the fact Klei did not deem it worthwhile to address the matter, even though it was widely discussed as an issue.

The second and perhaps most disruptive bug occurs when entering the caves. Upon entering the caves and subsequently leaving the caves again the game is likely to fast forward your seasons by 2.

Both issues have existed for many months, neither of these issues have been addressed.  There is no indication from the devs that they will be addressed on the Switch either. This is an embarrassingly lazy effort for a port to an exceedingly popular console and one that is reaching a very broad audience. 

I think until these issues have been given the treatment Klei’s fans and customers deserve, we should use the only true voice we have and not purchase the Switch version of Don’t Starve. We deserve a better version of this game than we are currently offered.

IFxx

Agree 100%, and do NOT forget the map that covers itself glitch that makes your exploration impossible.

Archived