Using Old Bell near the Ocean

During my game play of Don't Starve (RoG), I've used the wonderful Old Bell and Pan Flute/Ice Staff strategy to deal with the giants. When I received the warning about Dragonfly coming, I quickly went as far as my base as possible. I ended up in the Desert near the Ocean. Since I was prepared, I quickly used the Pan Flute to make Dragonfly fall asleep then I used the Old Bell near it. To my surprise, Big Foot's first stomp landed on Dragonfly. This was surprising because it is usually Big Foot's second or third stomp that lands on a mob. I did the same thing to Dragonfly again and guess what? Big Foot's first stomp landed on Dragonfly again. The final time I used the Pan Flute and Old Bell on Dragonfly, It was Big Foot's third stomp that landed on Dragonfly, thus killing her. I started to wonder if being near the Ocean was the reason why Big Foot's first stomp landed on Dragonfly. I then created a new world, put myself in creative mode, went to the nearest Ocean, spawned Dragonfly, put her to sleep with the Pan Flute and used the Old Bell. Big Foot's first stomp landed on Dragonfly as I suspected it would. I tried it 9 more times with different giants. 4 out of the 9 times, Big Foot's second stomp landed on the a giant because Big Foot came from the Ocean on the opposite side. I was correct. If the player used the Old Bell near the Ocean, there was a chance that Big Foot's first stomp would land on the targeted mob. Did anyone else notice this?

Edit

It wasn't Big Foot's first stomp that landed on the giants. It was actually it's third stomp. I discovered it was because the Big Foot's first and second stomps don't appear on on the land but the Ocean instead. This is still a useful strategy for using the Old Bell on a mob that is near the Ocean. Since Big Foot's first and second stomp don't appear on land when near the ocean, players can use this to their advantage as the sleeping mob won't hear Big Foot coming until the third stomp which will hit the mob before it has a chance to run away.

TL;DR

Using the Old Bell near the Ocean causes Big Foot to not alert nearby mobs as the first two stomps are directly on on the Ocean. This means that mobs won't be able to react to Big Foot coming as its third stomp will damage the mobs.

Archived