A question about likes and reputation on the Forums

fimmatek

Since a forums update last year we have different "likes" to express our opinions about posts better. Currently there are the "Like", "Thanks" "Haha", "Confused" and "Sad". I thought that the first three increases the poster's reputation, but the latter two don't. However, I saw a post a few days ago which had 5 "Likes" and 4 "Sad" reactions, and the member's total reputation was 9 (they didn't have any other post that other members reacted to).

So, after all, do every reactions increase one's reputation? If yes, is it intended? (In my opinion it makes sense that the latter two aren't positive reactions.) If not, which are not, and how did it happen that that member's reputation was 9?

To avoid misunderstanding, I'm not jealous or anything, I just want to understand how the forums actually work.

• Developer

It used to be how you described it, the default settings make it so only Like, Thanks and Haha gave positive rep, but I noticed the majority used Sad for jokes and other not too serious things, so I suggested that Joe should make it so it gave positive rep.

Archived