Help with Cave

I've enter the cave before but never really explore much except knowing there evil rabbit that will tyr to kill me if i bring meat and also make useful thing with the light balls. Also the ruins and finding many good loot to craft powerful things. Thats about it. Just curious what to execpt from the cave and what i maybe should bring in. PS: Im fairly new to the cave because for a long time. I never explored the cave since i didnt enable it in the setting. Took me a bit to figure that out xad.

Expect the go insane, get killed, have your things stolen, basically madness!!

It's pretty fun though. Before going in ask yourself some questions: how long am I staying?

If you're staying for a long time, you might need to precraft a bunch of items to set up a base. Make sure a tent is in that list to help with sanity if your not wicker. Though you can just farm nightmares since you'll be insane almost 80% of the time.

what season?

Certain seasons pose certain problems. In winter is not only rains in the caves but it'll be freezing. (I highly suggest not going in winter as a beginner). Spring just has rain and summer has cave-ins because of antlion (just rocks falling). Autumn is tame af so decide which sounds best for you. Also if you can grab a walking cane from mactusk or explorer setpiece, this makes exploring much faster. Tamo doesn't hurt either.

what character?

So there's the rabbits which auto aggro on webber, sanity drain which kinda puts a little strain wicker (food spoilage is awful though), meat needed for wigfrid (not too hard though). Just make sure you go in knowing your characters needs and prepare accordingly. To combat the rabbits chasing you when you carry meat, find hutch/starry sky fish bowl, and put meat and bulbs in him.

Solo or with a group?

Sometimes a group can be beneficial or hazardous. Definitely bring a life giving amulet or locate touchstones.

Boss rushing or just exploring?

Armor, health items, weapons, etc are your best friends if you are going to try to take out some bosses. I'd hit up youtube if you're wanting to see what bosses can do and their drops. A backpack or precrafted chest will definitely help for all the wonderful loot you will be carrying. Grabbing mushrooms from the biomes for filler, sanity, hp benefits can definitely come in clutch.

Tldr do your research and think about things you wanna accomplish in the ruins before heading in. Have a miner's hat/lantern, food, armor, weapons, life giving amulets, basic resources ready cuz the caves are merciless. Ultimately have fun and beware, snurtles will eat minerals out of your chests and splumonkeys will take things out of hutch and off the ground. Glhf in cave hell T v T

7 hours ago, Wesminator said:

Expect the go insane, get killed, have your things stolen, basically madness!!

It's pretty fun though. Before going in ask yourself some questions: how long am I staying?

If you're staying for a long time, you might need to precraft a bunch of items to set up a base. Make sure a tent is in that list to help with sanity if your not wicker. Though you can just farm nightmares since you'll be insane almost 80% of the time.

what season?

Certain seasons pose certain problems. In winter is not only rains in the caves but it'll be freezing. (I highly suggest not going in winter as a beginner). Spring just has rain and summer has cave-ins because of antlion (just rocks falling). Autumn is tame af so decide which sounds best for you. Also if you can grab a walking cane from mactusk or explorer setpiece, this makes exploring much faster. Tamo doesn't hurt either.

what character?

So there's the rabbits which auto aggro on webber, sanity drain which kinda puts a little strain wicker (food spoilage is awful though), meat needed for wigfrid (not too hard though). Just make sure you go in knowing your characters needs and prepare accordingly. To combat the rabbits chasing you when you carry meat, find hutch/starry sky fish bowl, and put meat and bulbs in him.

Solo or with a group?

Sometimes a group can be beneficial or hazardous. Definitely bring a life giving amulet or locate touchstones.

Boss rushing or just exploring?

Armor, health items, weapons, etc are your best friends if you are going to try to take out some bosses. I'd hit up youtube if you're wanting to see what bosses can do and their drops. A backpack or precrafted chest will definitely help for all the wonderful loot you will be carrying. Grabbing mushrooms from the biomes for filler, sanity, hp benefits can definitely come in clutch.

Tldr do your research and think about things you wanna accomplish in the ruins before heading in. Have a miner's hat/lantern, food, armor, weapons, life giving amulets, basic resources ready cuz the caves are merciless. Ultimately have fun and beware, snurtles will eat minerals out of your chests and splumonkeys will take things out of hutch and off the ground. Glhf in cave hell T v T

Thanks for the info again! Your guide made me more prepare. I will most likely do a blind walk through of the cave with my friend since we are both never have much experience of cave but I’m sure I’m more prepared then him now lol. I’m sure we will die a lot but hey, that’s the fun of DST.

57 minutes ago, SavageLemon said:

Thanks for the info again! Your guide made me more prepare. I will most likely do a blind walk through of the cave with my friend since we are both never have much experience of cave but I’m sure I’m more prepared then him now lol. I’m sure we will die a lot but hey, that’s the fun of DST.

Definitely! It's all about having fun and learning/exploring. The drops and craftables are definitely worth it though! I might also reccommend in the future when you go to the ruins to get the Nightmare phase mod to help you learn the phases until you dont need it anymore. What are these phases? Play and find out o v o

19 hours ago, SavageLemon said:

I've enter the cave before but never really explore much except knowing there evil rabbit that will tyr to kill me if i bring meat and also make useful thing with the light balls. Also the ruins and finding many good loot to craft powerful things. Thats about it. Just curious what to execpt from the cave and what i maybe should bring in. PS: Im fairly new to the cave because for a long time. I never explored the cave since i didnt enable it in the setting. Took me a bit to figure that out xad.

The caves are the end game of DST. They are the sequel to your beginning lol.

Archived