Don't Starve: Hamlet [Waverly Theory]

Hey there, I'm Axelocke. Some of you may remember me as Maknov from a while back. I decided to make a new, relevant, and professional account as the username "Maknov" has been long unused by any of my platforms. I wanted to kick things off in 2018 with a clean slate, and I hope it isn't an inconvenience to anyone. Thanks again! 

Anyhow, onto the main topic of this post:

Could it be possible for Waverly to make an appearance as an official character for Don't Starve: Hamlet?

I say this because Don't Starve: Hamlet is most likely a nod to Shakespeare's play entitled Hamlet. Shakespeare wrote many plays and sonnets, but there was one in particular titled Macbeth in which there were Three Witches. Waverly's appearance seems to imply that she is a Witch, pointy hat and all. I'm not sure if I'm just overthinking this or if this seems too farfetched, but I thought it would be a fun idea.

I could potentially see Waverly being shunned by the Aristocratic Pigmen for Witchcraft, giving her more opportunities as an outcast as opposed to being a townsperson, similar to Webber, maybe. 

Part of me really wishes Waverly and Wallace would become real characters.

image.thumb.png.78fced03edcbc5ff32705d3e6dddac4c.png

And like always my pencil to paper sketches are much better than my digital art sketches. Oh well.

I MEAN NO OFFENCE BY DEBUNKING YOUR THEORY.

1. The name Hamlet is more than likely referring to a Hamlet, or a small town, not the play. I think if it was the play, we would've seen more Shakesphere imagery.

2. Waverly is a human.

3. As we've seen in SW, the characters are themed to the setting. This is why I expect something like an explorer character, or some posh lady to be introduced.

But Wallace on the other hand.... 

On 3/25/2018 at 9:59 PM, Axelocke said:

image.thumb.png.78fced03edcbc5ff32705d3e6dddac4c.pngAnd like always my pencil to paper sketches are much better than my digital art sketches. Oh well.

You should make a art thread. I like the values and different techniques you used to get a solid drawing.

17 hours ago, Corazon said:

I hope neither she nor Wallace are the next characters. I want more nonhuman characters.

Is't 4 of them enough? We got Wilbur, the almost human. The mechanical man, WX-78. Webber, the boy living inside of a spider. Heck, we even have a gang of wolves in a human suit.

5 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Is't 4 of them enough? We got Wilbur, the almost human. The mechanical man, WX-78. Webber, the boy living inside of a spider. Heck, we even have a gang of wolves in a human suit.

No. 

I kinda want to see

8 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I kinda want to see Wortox. And, considering it's a pig-based DLC, maybe a pig character, but there's a whole other thread about that.

Archived