Original Character design: Wraith

This is a forum I am making since I have wanted to design my own "OC" for the game.Now I don't RP nor do I really write fan-fiction I still wanted to try and design a character for the game (I don't intend on making her playable as a mod) 

The character is still in the very early concepts and will probably have constant changes. I encourage fellow artists /designers/anyone to give input as to improvements I could make or just feedback in general.

I will be adding my own bits of lore. This is all purely fake and was designed by me so please do not correct me by saying its "wrong or not how it works"

My art style does not match the same look as the actual characters. 

Do not steal or edit my designs. 

So the fist bit of info you need to know is about the item I designed called the Codex Lux. I like the idea of there always being an opposite force. And what better to fight shadow then light itself. Light itself (just like shadow) in not a "good" or "bad" force. However the ancient beings or "them" that reside withing the book are very corrupting. Both forces rely on a Host. (ie. Maxwell) Without a host the power has no conduit.  The Codex Lux has a damaged cover perhaps due to conflicts in the past.

The Codex Lux was discovered at an ancient dig site. It found its host when one of the Archaeologists began to read the text inside.  

Now that that is out of the way, lets get to the character:

Basic Info:

Name: Wraith ( Likely an alias) 

Profession: Archaeologist

Stats/ Attributes:

Base Health: 100

Base Hunger:150

Base Sanity: 150

Movement speed and Attack increased 5% during daylight

Movement speed and Attack decreased 10% during nighttime 

Attacks twice as fast but does significantly less damage per hit.

Passive that gives higher chance of dropping fossils. 

Inability to use shadow items

Pickaxes last longer

Specalty Items/ Recipes:

Starting items Codex Lux, pickaxe

When close to Codex can craft:

Light Retriver at cost of -50% overall hunger.

Light Harvester at cost of -40% Hunger

Light Retreiver: Brings items on the ground (does not include "heavy" or "special" (ie. marble sculptures, eye bone) within range to player (If player inventory full drops items next to player) Items are retrieved 1 at a time.

1 HP

Aggros nearby creatures. AI does not allow it to dodge enemy attacks. Walks slower while holding item.

Light Harvester:

1 HP

Harvests nearby resources (not trees, rocks) item falls next to resource.

And at the moment that is about all I have. XD Hopefully you enjoyed my brainstorming and the small concept sketch XD

Character concept dont starve.jpg

Wraith2.thumb.png.c983cd25c5be2c9f980c194dea1278ee.png

Edited by Yukaige
Added image
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

How will your light diety fit in the lore?

The character is really difficult to fit into lore due to there being so little to base off of. We hardly know anything about the shadows and the hierarchy of them. That saying I will try my best to explain and as always its subject to change as new lore is revealed. 

Velthus is still a very unknown being. It refers to itself in plural terms ( us,them,we) and mostly talks in multiple inaudible whispers. Velthus holds a vendetta against the beings of shadow from past conflict. (which is why the Codex Lux is damaged) 

For now they are kind of on the back burner and mostly is there just to be the one Wraith hears and is tormented by. Velthus feeds terrible visions and knowledge to Wraith in hopes of breaking her willpower.

The Codex Lux allows the reader to draw upon Velthus' power and manifest fragments of light.   

Hopefully that kind of, sort of makes sense, :?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1