[Game Update] - 260344

• Developer
  • Geyser study can now be prioritized; study errand is no longer 'emergency' priority.
  • New sound effects for critter grooming, excited, egg-laying, pooping
  • Improvements to incubator art
  • Improvements to hatch eating animation
  • New art for many of the new geysers
  • Updated Puft and Puft egg art
  • Tame hatches have an ID collar
  • Hatch can now hop across gaps with a lower ceiling
  • Formatting improvements to Reports screen
  • Slicksters and Pufts now eat enough to keep up with their calorie needs
  • Geysers don't show status icons until uncovered, and make a notification when uncovered
  • "Urgency" tool renamed to "Sub-Priority" tool
  • Sub-Priority tool now has a diagram, and all sub-priority pickers have a button to open the Priorities screen
  • Added 3 new columns to the Priorities screen: Life Support (mostly critical hauling jobs), Toggle, and Storage (non-sweep locker-filling).  
  • "Advanced Mode" added to priorities screen. Further explanation below.

In order to help new bases with no or few priorities set, the game has a few "under the hood" prioritization rules. We've observed that in large bases where players have already extensively applied their own priorities, these hidden rules can create unexpected trips across the base. Advanced Mode allows you to turn off those hidden rules for a more predictable experience. Please give it a try and let us know if you encounter any issues!

View full update

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Geyser study can now be prioritized; study errand is no longer 'emergency' priority.

This is good news.

41 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Added 3 new columns to the Priorities screen: Life Support (mostly critical hauling jobs), Toggle, and Storage (non-sweep locker-filling).  

This is fantastic news!  Thanks for the timely response to what was proving to be a frustrating oversight in the current iteration of the game.

1 minute ago, Rotintin said:

How many do you have in there? Maybe they've changed room limits? I have 100 in a 120 tile room.

Also thanks for testing.

100 seems like overkill as 10 is more than enough to feed 4 pufts

Edited by Neotuck

Just now, Rotintin said:

How many do you have in there? Maybe they've changed room limits? I have 100 in a 120 tile room.

Also thanks for testing.

Holy crap that's a lotta morbs! How does your PC even handle that?!

Maybe there's also a limit on how much p02 they can output into a room. 

Edit: Nevermind. XD

1 minute ago, watermelen671 said:

Holy crap that's a lotta morbs! How does your PC even handle that?!

Maybe there's also a limit on how much p02 they can output into a room. 

I'm running at 9 fps in normal speed haha, much of that is due to playing in the preview branch.

• Haha 1

I loaded the game and all my dupes went sweeping things into low priority compactors over doing builds I ordered them to do. Then I found the priorities table is all messed up, all duplicants had random combinations of standard and reduced priority settings everywhere.

To be honest, I'm not very happy about how priorities are done now. The duplicant priority being absolute override of all the map-set sub-priorities is a problem. What I am missing are urgent orders that anyone will come to help with. I have only two options. Either my farmer will regularly come help building my architect, or, if the architect gets his head stuck in the wall, the farmer will prefer treating his plants over coming to help.

There are four categories of errands, or tasks. Unimportant chores, common orders, important chores, and emergency orders. Orders are generally commands given by the player - dig, build, sweep, uproot, mop, wrangle, adjust. Chores are tasks generally generated by machinery. Refilling deodorizers, cleaning outhouses, delivery of coal to generator, etc. Emergency orders should always come first, I would even say they should have an interrupt kind of priority, so the nearest available duplicant not yet working on an emergency order comes to do it. Unimportant chores, typically unsolicited sweeping into compactors should always come dead last. And the configuration options should only deal with what's in between these two extremes, i.e. common orders and important chores. There's where individual or job setting may give the duplicant preference (or lack thereof) for job-related tasks, or preference of certain kinds of tasks over others.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I spent 5 Hours streaming tonight, and enabled Advanced Mode on every colony I'm running. Its honestly like you guys were in my brain and gave me everything I wanted in a Priority system. No more 1-Tile-Dig Cycles. Worked absolutely great. Thank you all for this change.

• Like 1