fimmatek    1,389

Shouldn't it have ended tomorrow?

On 1.3.2018 at 9:46 PM, JoeW said:

Hey everybody - We're extending the the event a couple weeks to March 16th. 

Have fun!

Usually when a day is confirmed by the developers, it means the PDT, which would be next day. Was that changed? 

After all, it's logical that it ends on Thursday, as updates used to come out, but still, I'm a bit confused.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

JoeW    17,132
6 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Shouldn't it have ended tomorrow?

Usually when a day is confirmed by the developers, it means the PDT, which would be next day. Was that changed? 

After all, it's logical that it ends on Thursday, as updates used to come out, but still, I'm a bit confused.

There was a miscommunication with the team - the Event part of the game where the Year of the Varg is enabled in the game by default has ended. However the item drops will continue until tomorrow as originally planned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

fimmatek    1,389
Just now, JoeW said:

There was a miscommunication with the team - the Event part of the game where the Year of the Varg is enabled in the game by default has ended. However the item drops will continue until tomorrow as originally planned. 

Thanks for clarifying it!

I still don't understand though, why are the drops and the event itself separated... is there a reason to that? 

Geeris    72
13 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Thanks for clarifying it!

I still don't understand though, why are the drops and the event itself separated... is there a reason to that? 

I think it's because the drops management server runs apart from the game client updates. 
So we can continue to drop items by the date set for this. Even though the event has been finalized in the game.

jantonio    1,916
2 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Year of the Varg event has ended.
  • Reign of Giants and Shipwrecked DLC skin items no longer need to be claimed with a redeemable code. Those items are now automatically granted to users owning the DLC when logging in.

View full update

2 new bugs in reports

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Mr. Matt    35
Posted (edited)

Goes to unweave jammies he got from this:

67DDC7407CCCCC9BCC45316F5DBC0D4E95F7B67D

Gets this when tries:

F88635989B8664CDA6921E63374ECAEFBCD5717D

I also disabled mods and same thing happened with only the jammies

Edited by Mr. Matt
  • Sad 1

PeterA    2,157
34 minutes ago, Mr. Matt said:

I also disabled mods and same thing happened with only the jammies

Yup, we're working on a fix for the unraveling issue that you found. Thanks for the report.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Master Wolf    126
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, PeterA said:

Yup, we're working on a fix for the unraveling issue that you found. Thanks for the report.

I posted my game logs in my bug report.

Edited by Master Wolf
Spelling mistake
  • Thanks 1

It would be awesome if events would have a slightly improved item/chest drop rate than regular off-event seasons. Let's say increase the weekly limit to 6 (or even 8) rather than the regular 4 drops.

Another idea is to have some action-based drops e.g. back in The Forge you'd get one chest every time you level up. Say you have a 5% chance of getting a drop after killing the Clay Varg. To counterfeit crazy drop farming, action based drops could have cooldown. Using the given example, maybe you can only get one drop a day from killing the Clay Varg. So with a X% chance to have one drop per day it's a quite interesting challenge to engage deeper with the event's content.

The examples were based on past events - those are mere illustrations on what could be done for future ones :)

• Like 2

Rellimarual    2,480
19 minutes ago, machete_kills said:

would be awesome if events would have a slightly improved item/chest drop rate than regular off-event seasons. Let's say increase the weekly limit to 6 (or even 8) rather than the regular 4 drops

But they do. Chests don’t drop at all during non-event play time, and each chest contains 4 items instead of the single common item they replace.

Sinister_Fang    5,530
1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

But they do. Chests don’t drop at all during non-event play time, and each chest contains 4 items instead of the single common item they replace.

Or if you're like me, you suddenly start getting a lot of duplicate spiffy skins and lose out on the additional skins from chests.

jantonio    1,916
18 hours ago, PeterA said:

is it ok if you also look into lureplants spawning so much leafymeat?

Zeklo    11,281

Ahahaha, as my final drop I got my first spring chest. Lmao. Might not even open it since I have everything already.

27 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Ahahaha, as my final drop I got my first spring chest. Lmao. Might not even open it since I have everything already.

Keep it as a trophy! :lol: