New player, looking to help out and have lots of fun*

I'd like to find someone, or someones, to play with! I'm a (relatively) new player with such a stupidly extensive knowledge about this game it oughta be illegal I'm not in there actually helping people with it. That said, I'm new at kiting, kind of ditzy under pressure, and I have pretty bad reflexes in general, but I don't think I'll be a liability, long as I don't try to kite 3 hounds at once. (Evade them long enough to reset their cooldown timer, then get them all in range at once, and you can time it like there's just one dog, since they'll attack in sync... yeah, stupidly extensive knowledge.)

I'd prefer to use voice chat, since I've never been much good at pausing my mindless grinding in order to type, but I don't really like Discord because of its security issues, so it'd have to be something like Mumble or Tox. Voice is perfect for games IMO, since you can communicate easily, right in the middle of even a boss fight, without missing a single swing! But it can be stressful for some, and many simply don't have a microphone, and everyone else only uses Discord, so I'm fine with just using in-game chat too. Not ideal, but better than playing alone!

*fun means death

Hello names Tim I'm also seeking some peeps to play and chat with as long everyone Is mature. Mostly chat with discord tho, don't really remember how mumble work's think I've used It once A few years back would have to install again. Anyway's If the offer still stands your welcome to add me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/T2-sik/ 

And... oddly this thread was set not to notify me of replies. :mad:

On 3/8/2018 at 7:43 AM, T2-SIK said:

Hello names Tim I'm also seeking some peeps to play and chat with as long everyone Is mature. 

Awesome!

don't really remember how mumble work's think I've used It once A few years back would have to install again

Well, I got a Mumble server going on address critter.duckdns.org port 64738. If that doesn't work, there are plenty of public servers we could meet on. But I'm pretty sure how it works is you install the program, calibrate your microphone so it knows when you're talking, then hit "Add New..." on the Mumble Server Connect, put in that address and port, and pick a nickname. Then you oughta see the list of channels and who's in them. A certain "ktk" fellow might be interested in chatting...

If the offer still stands your welcome to add me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/T2-sik/ 

Eep, I still haven't given Steam my credit card yet, so they don't let me add friends. I definitely bookmarked you, though!

I think mine is http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198816688878/

On 3/15/2018 at 6:43 PM, kiovante said:

I would love to tag along!

Sure, if you can get to that Mumble server, we could talk about who can host, and get things started! (I'm pretty sure I can host, if my bandwidth isn't ****e.)

22 hours ago, QCatter said:

I also am looking for someone that is willing to voice chat while playing, started a new mega base and having to stop and teach all the new players that pop in for ten mins. 

Ah, mega-bases, when you plan for what you're gonna do with all the extra chests full of thulecite, then Deerclops kills everyone on day 30. I can't promise I'll last ten minutes (no, no I can probably last 10min) but otherwise I'm all for that! Even if we must as a last resort, solely for sake of RNG failure, make use of the maligned and much despised last resort known as the rollback...

Anyway, poke me here, if Mumble doesn't work, or I'm weirdly nonresponsive or something. Otherwise, hope to hear from you!

3 minutes ago, kiovante said:

How Do I use mumble?

You uh... Download Mumble and run it. Configure your microphone, then you'll see a list of public servers. Click "Add New..." at the bottom to add mine, at critter.duckdns.org port 64738. Then you should just be able to double click on the channel I'm in, and then when you talk, I should be able to hear it.

Just now, kertinker said:

You uh... Download Mumble and run it. Configure your microphone, then you'll see a list of public servers. Click "Add New..." at the bottom to add mine, at critter.duckdns.org port 64738. Then you should just be able to double click on the channel I'm in, and then when you talk, I should be able to hear it.

It said connection failed

nice, and honestly i always end up mega basing regarless, i work at Mcdonalds on the weekend (nightshift) but otherwise i tend to be on basicly 12 to 12. I'll mess areound with my mic to make sure it still works, (it tends to be super finicky about connecting to ANY program for some reason) 

On 3/17/2018 at 5:28 PM, QCatter said:

nice, and honestly i always end up mega basing regarless, i work at Mcdonalds on the weekend (nightshift) but otherwise i tend to be on basicly 12 to 12. I'll mess areound with my mic to make sure it still works, (it tends to be super finicky about connecting to ANY program for some reason) 

Sorry, I set everything up to get together and just kind of disappeared I guess. I'm kinda all over the place sometimes, and lose track of my everything. When you say 12 to 12, do you mean noon to midnight, or midnight to noon? I could probably do either way, given a few days notice.

Hihihihihi I'm a new player but I will definitely listen to all instructions. I know the basics of the game, I know how to cook ahha. I can voice chat but I have a slight Chinese accent as I am Chinese ahah. Oh well, if you are interested, I will definitely be please to be part of the crew! :) I'm willing to learn more about this game as I play along with you guyss! My discord tag is: ninjacompany #9477 i know you dislike discord but that is the only way of reaching me ahaha unless through steam which is: ninjacompany. Peace out!

10 hours ago, ninjacompany said:

if you are interested, I will definitely be please to be part of the crew!

Thanks ninjacompany, nice to meet you! I actually can't use Discord, and um... my steam account is still limited, so others can add me as friends, but I'm not allowed to. Honestly, I am fine with just in-game chat. I don't like it as much as voice chat, but it's better than playing alone! I think I shot myself in the foot, with that requirement. Time zones might be more of an issue if you're in China, so I dunno what times you'll be at work.

Archived