Do You think,that the existance of Section "Suggestions and Feedback" is pointless?

Does the existence of "Suggestions and Feedback" makes any sense?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What do You think about "Suggestions and Feedback" forum's point?

• Well,I think it's good. It's a place to share Your opinions,and give Klei Ideas for improving the game.
    • I don't like it. It's only a place to discuss with the community, and it's giving a fake sense of Your ideas finding any possible use in-game.
    • I think it has a good use. But I also think that it's a "Manurepost" section in a disguise.
  2. 2. Do You think,that the existence of this forum is pointless?

• No! Klei for sure cares about us, and thinks every day about our Ideas! (Rly? ¬_¬)
    • Yes,I think it is pointless. So many good ideas have been ignored and thrown away,so I think that there's no point in writing here at all. I even think,that this forum is needless,and should be deleted,or changed for just "Feedback". (You're able to see what's happening around You. I am proud. =) )
    • I don't really think it's pointless. Maybe Klei's ignoring us here,but what about the modders? They can use our ideas for their mods! (Well,that's quite a good point. )

Your question(s) beg for another: how many of the ideas/proposals posted here over time have been implemented in some capacity into the game? Also bare in mind most of the suggestions made here are fairly or strongly subjective (looking at "balancing the game/characters" ones) and/or not backed by valid arguments.

I think that "suggestions and feedback" mostly pointless, because even if Klei is going to add something new, they never use ideas from here or anywhere else. Or maybe I missed something. Yeah, there's many weird suggestions, implying new game mechanics or crazy skins ideas  (I think I did it too), but still some part of requests are fine.
At least this forum could be a nice place for mod creators to get some cool ideas  :D .

On 04/03/2018 at 10:14 PM, Wilson_pl said:

Do You think,that the existance of Section "Suggestions and Feedback" is pointless?

image.png.3d18edb556cb127275a84896e96a1fd5.png

10056921.jpg

I ddon't think suggestion section is pointless in general, of course, but even here not. Though, I will say that I find the gullibility of the larger part of the voters pretty disturbing...

image.thumb.png.f5f3fa715f9fcc2eb7dd3a980fced6ce.png

Pretty sure they're serious.

EDIT: To be honest, while I do think at this point it's a "manurepost" section, but the fact that there's little to no attention being paid to suggestion does bring some suspicion to me. I think it's also the fact that everyone's so passive and normalised to just be okay with whatever the hell Klei makes enough to make things worse.

18 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Klei rounds the forums pretty regularly for suggestions and feedback. Doesn't mean they implement them.

Possibly. While I feel inclined to trust you, I have seen mod bias before elsewhere, so I can't really take your word for it.

Even if this is completely true, Klei has shifted their focus and seem to only bother with things when it seems like it's absolutely necessary and may be if they've recently been working on that, most of the time (except for basic bug fixes... unless it's pengulls...). Creating the original vision would be picking a smaller target audience. Why do you think exploits don't get worked on after Klei has moved onto working on something else? Why is there no support being made for different modes that would make the game easier/harder for players? Why is the content constantly about optional features and decorations? Why has the recent focus been on skins and temporary events? I think that's because if the other was done, they wouldn't be getting as much money. And when asked about or criticised, they stay silent, unless replying won't correlate to anything to do with the subject. Has Klei written anywhere AT ANY POINT as to why they have shifted the focus? I have had a reply once, and the reply was "I won't argue with you" even though my intention was never to argue, and all I did was ask a question by bringing up a topic. This goes from being suspicious to just blatantly obvious; more optional content, more dedicated players left in their comfort zone, more skins, more cheap content with re-skinned visuals, more temporary events = more

$$$$$$$$$

When something becomes popular enough, the trend seems to be that the focus starts to shift to:

* saturation

* satisfying the fanboys/fangirls

* aiming the content more for a larger audience

* further content becomes more derailed and less innovative

And I'd argue that considering everything I've questioned above and the purchase practices, Klei has gone through this phase already.

14 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

I also voted for the first option that you marked, because OP didn't give any mid-way option. We could either vote "Klei thinks every day about our ideas" or "it is pointless". So I joined the one that was closer to my opinion, namely that Klei does read and think about our ideas, but not necessarily immediately, and they don't have to give us feedback about these ideas or tell us their plans. I trust them that they can decide on what DST needs to be the best for all of us - players and devs as well. Also, even if they like an idea it's still quiestionable if it is possible/worth it to implement. 

And there were new stuff that was demanded by the community, for example the gates.

Ideas in Suggestions and Feedback were used in Don't Starve Together. (Mostly in alpha, and beta/early access, maybe ANR?). Now it's used by modders and the like. Until then we can wait around for a big update chain, where they'll need some inspiration. :) 

On 3/7/2018 at 3:28 AM, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

image.png.3d18edb556cb127275a84896e96a1fd5.png

10056921.jpg

I don't think suggestion section is pointless in general, of course, but even here not. Though, I will say that I find the gullibility of the larger part of the voters pretty disturbing...

That's the thing.

On 3/6/2018 at 8:29 PM, ImDaMisterL said:

Klei rounds the forums pretty regularly for suggestions and feedback. Doesn't mean they implement them.

citation pls. (sorry if I sound rude or anything)

• Developer
8 hours ago, tenth said:

citation pls. (sorry if I sound rude or anything)

Sure, just gotta find them :p

The two posts in this thread (and the one JoeW links to on Steam): 

Searching for some more specific posts, I'm sure I've seen them somewhere before. Brb.

The team reads these forums every single day. 

But, as I have said in the past. The point of suggestions and feedback is for us to gather suggestions and feedback. Not so that we can implement everybody's suggestion and feedback. 

But what it does is tell us how the community is thinking in general and helps us understand how you all see the game, what you like, what you don't like, what you like to see more of and really helps us think of things we can do to address those ideas and suggestions and helps us prioritize what we do next. 

Right now the DST team is working on events. The implementation of those events is heavily influenced by feedback and suggestions that have come before. What comes after will also be determined by feedback we have gathered. 

TL;DR: The forums are a bunch of people all letting us know what they think and what they want to see. We gather all of that and think of how we can try to help all those voices get something they will be happy with given the resources we have to make that happen. 

Archived