Let's talk about uncompromising survival

Dears developers!

You create a very, very, very... I say very? Ok, very intresting, magnificient piece of art. However! It's a so, so, so deeply broken as a game in so many (especialy basic) aspects. And I really want to know, why did you do that? Why this game isn't enjoyable and boring so fast (because you had to grind for nothing all time, and ore grind, and you dead, and grind, and again...)? 
Why you even don't make some difficulties? Hard, normal, easy mode will bring a lot of happines to to this grim world if (for example) let us save this journey.
Why you force a player to grind so much, if he can easily lose everything just like that?
It can be good for no-life masochistic psychopats, but not for normal people. You know, some of humans have kids, job, bla, bla, bla. Not everyone want lose he's life for grind to hell... 
So many basic things in this game is broken...
I really enjoy the art style. All this graphic is beautiful. A concept, idea of this game is briliant. I enjoy this world, but it's opssible only with god mode. Why? Because normaly I don't have time to do anything except try not to die (that fast). What a waste of potential. You create a really intresting universe and kill it by crap mechanic just show to player a middle finger. Why?
I realy hope, if you ever create a Don't Starve 2, it will be balanced and enjoyable game let player make a real progress and don't be cracked up for nothing on every step what he's make.
I play some games on RoG and SW. 50 hours played until now and I've made a decision. Without god mod this game is completly waste of time, a boring-rage generator. Sad but true. If something force me to do same things again, and again, and again, and I don't have time for nothing else, it will be boring fast. Esepcialy, if I can lose all progress just like that.

So, what we have here...

At this moment, only Autumn as start season give a player a real chance to survive - let him gather resources and let some time for exploring. It's the easiest season, and it's mandatory, because player need preparation before winter. Same thing sould be with spring. This season should be a moment of preparation before summer comes. But isn't. Even wiki sugest do not try to survive, if you starter season is Spring, and it's true.

1. Rabbit holes are colapsed, so there is no  source of food.
Of course you can find a biome with some ponds, but...
1.1 A rabbit holes always are grouped in the small area and easy to find.
1.2 Ponds spam frogs, what can be a real problem, and there are not so easy to find. Especialy in groups.
1.3 For fishing you need a rod, what means you need find a spiders and farm them for web + you need a science machine for build a prototpe of this tool. Tis is a big problem, because you must find it and farm it. That take a lot of time, what do you not have, because without a permanent source of food you can't do absolutely anything. And you don't want to set science machine anywhere, so first you had to find a good spot for base, what is completly random. And rods run out fast, what means you need waste a lot of web if you want make fishes you main food source.
1.4 Fishing take too much time. There should be craftable fish trap allow player set it in pond and wait for fish catch, just like a normal trap. Only this way player can set some traps and go doing other things. Back, and collect fishes.
1.5 Heavy rains and storms. Almost all the time. That means you will wet, and thatmeans you will los a lot of sanity, what means, you had to collect flowers, so is another job = waste of time, because you have other things to do. You must be prepared for summer, not try to survive it any cost in srping. And, if you are wet, a tools can slip from you ands. Oh, for god sake...

I suggest to make all basic survival tools and equipment allow player getting food and survive easy craftable and available without science machine. That should let player a free explore and find a good spot for base.
Also I don't understand why spring is set as a one from two starting seasons (spring and autumn). Is completly unbalanced. Especialy, if you had to be prepared for summer, what is more dangerous than winter. If winter and summer are seasos what need a preparation, autumn and spring should be time, when player have a real chance to do all essential things. Spring dosn't give you a chance for that.

You should totaly change Summer, spring and Winter for more comfortable seasons. Why? Because siting at base is boring and stupid, and actualy only this you can do at Winter and (especialy) Summer. Freezing and overheating is too fast and you can't do anything with that. Thermal stones are grim joke. All items what let you stay cool are not enough against rising temperature for let you wondering. 

Hounds and Deerclops shouldn't be a spawned and randomly attack players for no reason. Sorry, but is a stupid, cheap way to kill fun of the game. 
Especialy is stupid, if player just see, how hounds spam beyond the borders of the map, on a water, and start run to him. Erm...

A core game is better balanced than RoG, but still need some changes make Don't Starve more enjoyable than rage-boring able after few hours. Grindfest engine.
It's realy unfair. Player had to do too many things. Seriously, playin DS RoG is like plying RTS (Age of Empires, warcraft III etc.) with only on worker unit, when you should have a lot of them.
This game need a general changes for be enjoyable without godmode.

Winter and Summer seasons are completly broken. Spring is hard too, but still you can do something when comes, even if it's you start season. Winter is still easier than summer, because nothing can burn just like that.
Today my chest just burn when I was far from base, becasue I had to do something. A few hours of girind items was destroyed just like that. So what i suppose to do? Always sit in base if I don't have Ice Flingomatic?

Combat is another broken part. Everything can be ok if you have some space for movement and only one foe. Otherwise you are dead instantly. Foes just stunlock you as hell, and can kill you quickly, even with gear. What you probaly don't have if you don;t play with mods, because backpack is a mandatory.
There is a many situations, when you are suprised by more than one foe, and don't have to posibiliy to hit and run. Last time I die becasue instantly two cave worsm attack me, and I not suppsoe to be moving around and figth like that. Uh...

I really don't understand, why this game don;t have so many basic things, like a tutorial, wikipedia in game, FAQ, hints, information about everything, whant can I dou with X, how can I make Y? What, when, for what? 
You know why is essential? Becasue it's a game. Players not are inside a game, and all of those things  are a substitute of knowledge in real life. 

What exactly "uncompromising survival" means to you? Because, if it means don't give player a chance to anything, even for scratching he's butt, something is wrong. If I have items in game and can;t check what they do without wikipedia, something is wrong...

Doing the same, specific activities isn't a survival. Do X for Y, or you die. Make A, becasue you need it for B, and if you don't have B, you don't make C, and you die.
Actualy, player don't have a choice and some free for doing things. At start, we must collect grass, twings annd flint → chop some trees and get some logs → mine some rocks and collect more flint and gold. → build a Science Machince + Alchemy Engine (first find a good spot for that). We don't have other options. → Farm rabbits! Why? Because it's ipossible to farm fishing and birds, becasue rod and bird trap need spider web! → build crock pot and Ice Box, and that need a gears, what isn't a common resource and need some fight for get it. → build Ice Flingomatic, what means you need ice and there is no other options. 
Oh, you die? Start again!
Everything has been strictly defined by developers and for me isn't a uncompromising survival. It's looks like a boring farmfest boring-rage engine.
I realy want to play, becasue world of Don't Starve is really intresting. A Odd, grotesque as if it were taken out of the Grim Brothers novel with a pinch of cartoon. Perfect.
The more I regret that the mechanics of this game and the solutions used in it are so unfriendly for the player.

Please, make this game a more enjoyable and not that much deadly, or make a Don;t Starve 2 when you use solutions from this mod. 
I guess everyone will be happy, when die at start, and game will don;t let them start again Becasue "uncompromising survival" !

Do not going this way!

I'm sorry for my ignorance of English, but I hope you can understand everything.

Best Regards!

Endless and pointless grinding (because you can lost a tons of hours justl ike that) and doing the same, specific activities does not make the game interesting.

There should be some options for normal people, because right now this game is for no-life psychopats who never go out from basement and do nothing else except plyig in Don;t Starve. 

I like play, a lot, bust still is not my entire life.

16 hours ago, Mikro said:

Perhaps this game just isn't for you. If the game was as easy as you seem to want it then it wouldn't be a very interesting game anymore.

I must agree with you if everything was so easy then no one would play it.

What are you so angry for, it's just a game. Either you like playing these types of games or you don't. I've only played shipwrecked and I don't even know what mods are, let alone used one, and I've been doing pretty good. And this is as a "human with kids and a job..."  Maybe if you would take the time to try and learn how to play the game you wouldn't feel the need to get on here and complain about it so much. How long did it take you to write that big long rambling post about how the game is stupid and broken? If you know better, and you certainly must if you're able to point out all the things wrong with the game after playing for 50 hours, then go make your own so everything can be perfectly to your liking.  It's a fun, artistically designed game that just takes some time to get the hang of.  

After 60 hours with Don' Starve: Reing of Giants I'm done.

I hope, if it ever will be Don't Starve 2, will be a fun, enjoyable game, not a rage-boring wasted time generator for no-life dummies.

Thanks for Klei Entertainment anyway, for a great piece of art! Even if all of these things are broken as a game.

8 minutes ago, Wilkinson said:

After 60 hours with Don' Starve: Reing of Giants I'm done.

I hope, if it ever will be Don't Starve 2, will be a fun, enjoyable game, not a rage-boring wasted time generator for no-life dummies.

Thanks for Klei Entertainment anyway, for a great piece of art! Even if all of these things are broken as a game.

I guess it's not a game for you.

7 hours ago, I.E.L said:

I must agree with you if everything was so easy then no one would play it.

Too bad you don't understand what is a "balance". No one talking about "too easy", but of course most of people can't think objectively there are only extreme concepts for them. For all the rest, difficulty levels have been created so that everyone can adapt the balance concept to their own needs. But not in Don't Starve.

Actualy Don't Starve is "too hard" in the worst possible way: 

Does not respect the player. Does not respect his time and right to choice by making him an idiot at every step and condemning him to repeat the same boring activities forever through drastic limitation of everything. In no way rewards for progress, on the contrary, in an instant destroys several hours of arduous progress (Hounds, Deerclops etc.).

You play for 10 hours, making base and prepare yourself for a winter and there it comes.. You try survive which is realy hard in this season. And suddenly Deerclopes comes at night and smash a lot of your structures just liek thtat, in one smash. And so on.

No, it's not a fun. 

I know this game looks really fun when someone play with mods and console and show this on youtube (all these huge bases are generated by cheaters, it's ture.) and tell others, if they can't play, they are bad. all of those guides are good at theory, but anyone, who play in this game realy knows, nothing have sense.

2 minutes ago, Wilkinson said:

Too bad you don't understand what is a "balance". No one talking about "too easy", but of course most of people can't think objectively there are only extreme concepts for them. For all the rest, difficulty levels have been created so that everyone can adapt the balance concept to their own needs. But not in Don't Starve.

Does not respect the player. Does not respect his time and right to choice by making him an idiot at every step and condemning him to repeat the same boring activities forever through drastic limitation of everything. In no way rewards for progress, on the contrary, in an instant destroys several hours of arduous progress (Hounds, Deerclops etc.).

You play for 10 hours, making base and prepare yourself for a winter and there it comes.. You try survive which is realy hard in this season. And suddenly Deerclopes comes at night and smash a lot of your structures just liek thtat, in one smash. And so on.

No, it's not a fun. 

I know this game looks really fun when someone play with mods and console and show this on youtube (all these huge bases are generated by cheaters, it's ture.) and tell others, if they can't play, they are bad. all of those guides are good at theory, but anyone, who play in this game realy knows, nothing have sense.

Listen watch few videos about this game on ''how to survive'' that might help also I do know what the word ''balance'' means and this game is balanced when you do something wrong you have to deal with consequences when you build and base and hear that Deerclops or Hounds are coming and you die that's your fault.

Also last thing what do mean ''all these huge bases are generated by cheaters, it's ture'' when I watch several of these people for a long time and they spend time and resources on them why do you think they are on day 600+ they know what they do you don't know the game 100% yet so you rage that Deerclops destroyed your base.

8 minutes ago, Wilkinson said:

No, it's not a fun. 

So your way of thinking objectively is that if you suck at a game it must be the games fault right? If you played this game with the sole objective of not liking it then it looks like you won, good for you.

Seriously dude, the game is tricky but its not as rage inducing as you're making it out to be.  Here's a thought, if you genuinely want to learn how to play the game, read some of the tips from others and give it a try. You don't need to be a "psychopat who never leaves the basement", it's trial and error, if something doesn't work try something else. 

Quit being a drama queen 

@Kimberly1744

Seiously, dude, a weak troll is weak. Go spread your crap somewhere else you obvious trollling account nab. :wilson_nerdy:

19 minutes ago, I.E.L said:

Listen watch few videos about this game on ''how to survive'' that might help also

No, because all of those guides are useless crap. This is only a theory what have nothing to do with pratice and everyone who play in DS without mods and cheats know that. Rest of ppl use cheats and pretend to be a good.

All these strategies and advices in guides are good, of course, but problem is, that dosn't work, becasue alone player don'thave a time for realise it.

Maybe in DST they have sense, but not solo game.

6 minutes ago, Wilkinson said:

@Kimberly1744

Seiously, dude, a weak troll is weak. Go spread your crap somewhere else you obvious trollling account nab. :wilson_nerdy:

No, because all of those guides are useless crap. This is only a theory what have nothing to do with pratice and everyone who play in DS without mods and cheats know that. Rest of ppl use cheats and pretend to be a good.

All these strategies and advices in guides are good, of course, but problem is, that dosn't work, becasue alone player don'thave a time for realise it.

Maybe in DST they have sense, but not solo game.

You seem to think that ''Something bad happened to me that means this game is bad'' and I said that you should watch those videos because you don't seem all that good at this game and even a little bit of help might change something and I don't use cheats and the only reason you are saying that other people who build mega bases use cheats is that you don't learn from mistakes you make the same mistakes and not learn from them that's my problem I was trying to help and inform you about stuff but I guess you can't learn.

Lol, well this weak troll is obviously doing better than you at this game. You can't do something so you have to be nasty to others for.......what reason? Does it make you feel like a bigger person to get on here an knock a game that users here clearly enjoy? 

If you're so much better and have superior ideas as to what the game should be why don't you put up or shut and make your own?

Image result for how about some cheese with that whine

... i m kind of really suprised with this story. i don t want to offence you, but how can anyone, who played longer than his first winter, still hunt bunnys? i mean... there is so much more to cook.spiders, hounds, berrys, eggs, fish,pigs, butterflys,...

and you even seems to use the caves allready. so there shouldn t be a problem with sommer anymore too. could it be, that you forced your world-generation to night-only? because that may explain, why this game seems to be so hard.

however, one thing i really want to add to this discussion is, that i really loved to try and leard new stuff. the loot from my friend deerclops, how to use dear old lady wicker, treeguards (god, this is still today amusing to watch them spawn). i think, that most players enjoy the freedom, which comes with this "unfairness" of the game.
for example nobody tells you how to hunt mac tusk. so you look and think for solutions. do you want to lure him to pinguins? do you want to use pigs or spiders? or traps maybe? you could also spawn a treeguard in autum at his home. or simply pick your spear and hunt this big fat piece of loot yourselve. and every way gives you the chance of loot. and the chance of dead. there aren t many games with this much freedom. adding a tutorial may destroy the creativity, which players are encouraged to use now.

Archived