TF2 players fail at DST

Recently I introduced my friend from TF2 to this game. Let's just say I'd be surprised if he lasts his first autumn when he plays alone. We were looking through the workshop for from mods to make the game easier, such as firepit respawn. Previously us 3 have played a world together and it was much harder than I thought, especially when he died every 2 days or so. His funniest death is eating cooked green caps provided to him for his sanity and dying from that despite them only removing 1 hp from user. Somehow he has lost that world though we miraculously got to his first summer and we started a new one.

We came across the TF2 character mods and decided to try it out together. None of us have played them before. My experienced friend and I played Demoman and Engineer respectively, while my newbie friend played Medic. 

5a8fb9033ff69_ScreenShot2018-02-23at2_46_41PM.thumb.png.ba0c716977defc0dac5f80c733b94b31.png

Funny how I took this screenshot during Day 1 and little did I know that the whitewashed demoman's line here would actually come true. We didn't spend much time preparing for winter as we were just messing around trying to figure out all the novelties of these new character mods. Demoman was running around with his cursed eyelander sword and losing sanity, I was desperately trying to find materials for my sentry/dispenser and Medic was just...being himself. Healing us only once and using the firepit respawn a lot. Eventually I placed my sentry near a whole bunch of spider nests and for a while, it actually felt like things were going to work out! We're not going to starve!

5a8fbd1ed1c12_ScreenShot2018-02-23at3_02_30PM.thumb.png.ef820b4a6c9aa90ba7b1a25985ce4230.png

Soon Medic crafted ubersaws for all of us and each hit we dealt on mobs would give us health. Knowing how to kite and bait mobs, Demoman and I were pretty much full health most of the time. Just our sanity suffered from all of the Medic ghost visits. Demoman was fascinated that stickybombs could destroy trees and rocks, so he did not craft a single axe or pickaxe the whole playthrough and only exploded them for resources. We managed to deal with tree guards too as he slowly hobbled over to the sticky trap I baited him into.

5a8fbe4b6cbc2_ScreenShot2018-02-23at3_09_26PM.thumb.png.a08db6a0be412780a65cf2a31684e10d.png

So obviously, we are just having fun, not taking the game too seriously. I was following some tracks and found a Varg. I was already pretty sure that we were not going to survive winter with our lack of food and gear and decided that I wanted to add some chaos into the picture. Since we were all mostly running around killing things and having fun with our new toys...I decided to bring home a friend, like a zero warning random event. I wanted to test our fragging skills since we got health back with the ubersaw per hit. It uh...didn't work out so well. Who would've thought that one could get spawn camped in this game? I thought that it was hilarious that the firepit resurrection mod we got for our newbie friend was heavily used by all of us in the next few minutes.

5a8fc1f578a54_ScreenShot2018-02-23at3_24_41PM.thumb.png.2de1abf657b488973feb559d4adffc8a.png

5a8fc309d722f_ScreenShot2018-02-23at3_30_01PM.thumb.png.90aa102a3fb261cdf0e6ce43468441c7.png

You know how you can die to your own sticky traps in TF2? Turns out it happens in this game too.

By sheer determination through our tears of laughter, we did it. The trio have managed to emerge from this victorious. We had to take a few minutes to breathe and process what just happened, but the final scene of our fallen bodies says a lot by itself.

CA55EDAA5F026E5989B45D2D1113A86C0D7D222B

Next time we play we are going for a real attempt to survive again, but for now, I regret nothing.

Wow, that...that last scene... But at least now I understand the "feryae was killed by feryae" caption on that screenshot you posted before.  : P

And yes, you can get spawn-camped in this game--if where you resurrect is way too close to where you died and the thing(s) that did it are still there.  Which is why you want your meat effigy NEAR camp, not _in_ it.  :)

Also, I've died from the _one_-hit-point loss of eating a cotton candy*, so your friend isn't alone in that kind of death.  Damn.  When the dentist said candy was bad for you, he wasn't kidding!  XD

...Notorious

*From the Winnie mod I occasionally use--she comes with ewelo, fluffy pink things like non-evil ewecuses.  When they die they drop both meat and candyfloss (cotton candy).  They're very useful as they poop like crazy and will fight hounds for you, even if you're not Winnie.

4 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Also, I've died from the _one_-hit-point loss of eating a cotton candy*, so your friend isn't alone in that kind of death.  Damn.  When the dentist said candy was bad for you, he wasn't kidding!  XD

Death by candy? Sounds like a good way to go. We're all gonna die anyway.

Archived